User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this game.

Worst £12 I ever spent.
giphy.gif

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about doing a build for mlgs since I never actually used it. What are the best gems? Nourishing or something else?

Nourishing. Also, you do more damage one-handed with STR, but more two-handed (and with the projectiles) with ARC. It's suggested to do a 25/50 or 50/25 split depending on what you'd rather focus on.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might actually replay the game around March 10th just to help people out during the event. I'm mostly a one-and-done kind of player as I love to experience new games rather than replay ones I already beat... but I can't have enough of this one.

Best game this gen, probably all time. The lore of everything is just incredible. Most fun gameplay of any game I ever played. Exquisite music. Atmosphere that sucks you right in. How did From make such a game still baffles me? Masterpiece in every sense of the word.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I may make a thread about it but just a heads up this Saturday the 10th is return to yarhnam, a community event to repopulate the game for co-op and invasions. Plan on doing both if anyone needs any help or wants to pvp a little.

What's the big problem with BSB? It's a good boss.
If you literally just walk to his right he can never hit you.

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn it now I want to create new character and start a new game altogether again.

Yeah, let's do this tonight. But first, we need to get weapons/items early via Chalice tier runes (Credit goes to Ferrs)

I'll start a new character too. Does anyone know if its viable to have the Chikage and Moonlight Greatsword? I usually have characters that specialize in one type of weapon

See the above.

Edit: I assume what your post said that it depends on specific stats? Say, if you want Chikage and Moonlight GS to equip on both hands (Is that what you meant?) If so, then you gotta have to increase your STR more and sometimes it can be apply with other stats, too.

If your question isn't match with my answer. I suggest look up in GameFAQ, the weapon affix guides are all there.

Last edited:

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Damn. DAMN!

I started getting back into this last night and today. Booted up my game from OY and realized that I didn't remember anything about the CW so I went back to explore...
An hour later, my sandwich I'd made for lunch was still sitting on its plate--uneaten.

There's so much you DON'T know in this game! Why everything is the way it is. What the heck
just picked me up and blasted me in an apparently uninhabited place in the Cathedral Ward
, what does Insight do, etc., etc. You're constantly going improving and yesterday's indefeasible giant is today's chump that you nonchalantly dodge past before cutting it down for blood echoes..

You're not even really sure where to go. I'm just exploring while trying to remember all the different paths I took to get where I am (at any given moment). It's a crazy game. I bought Monster Hunter: World the other day, but have been playing this (way) more! H-halp!!

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
EDIT: Has anyone ever tried to get their player stats in three offensive categories (out of STR, SKL, BT and Arc) to level 50 on NG alone?

I was at level 171 (STR 50, SKL 50, BLT 30, ARC 11) before I started NG+, and after clearing most of the chalices.

Now I'm at level 230 (STR 50, SKL 55, BLT 50, ARC 40) after NG+, DLC, and several additional Chalice dungeons.

Unsure of what to do in the game at the moment, I decided over the weekend to start grinding a few more weapons up to +10. Now that I'm online, I got some glyphs for a blood rock chalice and an easy blood stone chunk chalice. I got Beast Claws up to 10, so I've been playing with those, and my next target is the Beast Cutter. Not sure what my end game is, except to get every weapon maxed out, I guess. Then to get tons of high level gems. Then to PVP and get my face smashed in anyway, probably.

Oh, I'd love to do that as well. Can you give any pointers to specific Glyph codes? I've been meaning to get Beasthunter Saif and some other remaining ones to +10.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everybody for all your advice on how to beat the BSB, I was asleep when all your replies started coming in. I'll be trying the parry on him for sure.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't decide what type of build I want to make. Leaning towards Str/Arc as thats probably tied for my favorite with Skill/Blt. Kind of feeling the moonlight + Arc pizza cutter.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For both newcomers and people that wants to make a new run with the PS+ free deal, here's glyphs from Depth 1 tier Chalices were you can obtain later weapons like Chikage, Blades of Mercy or Burial Blade.

You can enter them as early as Blood Starved Beast. Be wary though enemies are depth 5 tier (SL 120) but the weapons are in the first bonus area, before the first main area, so you can just run and avoid enemies.

You can also find Chalice tier runes.

1 jgn2jkkw L1: Clockwise Metamorphosis + Oedon Writhe
2 ahg38eit L1: Clawmark
3 dtx7qxbq t L1: Blood Rapture
4 p2tbyrh2 L1: Eye
5 dgt23fwp L1: Anticlockwise Metamorphosis
6 nzzn259g L1: Uncanny Burial Blade + Dissipating Lake
7 9x9gipey r L1: Lost Threaded Cane
8 xc284ugx L1: Communion + Formless Oedon
9 9nheuvvz L1: Lost Chikage
10 5jne4scm L1: Logarius' Uncanny Wheel
11 wkzxrvfz L1: Lost Stake Driver, Lost Tonitrus
12 fearrfan L1: Uncanny Beast Claw, Uncanny Tonitrus
13 4f3x2uc6 L1: Communion +5, Lost Reiterpallasch
14 f3cz4awe L1: Lost Threaded Cane
15 6s46u7i4 L1: Lost Blade of Mercy

These still work? Wait, don't you need the original weapon first before picking these up...? If not, woo hoo! Guess I will be making a low level invasion build after all!

Also, in terms of gem set-up, what's the difference between Uncanny, Lost and OG?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about doing a build for mlgs since I never actually used it. What are the best gems? Nourishing or something else?

Nourishing. Also, you do more damage one-handed with STR, but more two-handed (and with the projectiles) with ARC. It's suggested to do a 25/50 or 50/25 split depending on what you'd rather focus on.

Honestly, I would recommend 25/25/50 for MLG (even 50/25/50 if you can). 2-handed still scales with STR and SKL (SKL to 25 gives better returns than STR from 25 to 50) so you need it high unless you want a worse Ludwig sword but the beams scales crazy with ARC and without it you miss half the appeal.

These still work? Wait, don't you need the original weapon first before picking these up...? If not, woo hoo! Guess I will be making a low level invasion build after all!

Also, in terms of gem set-up, what's the difference between Uncanny, Lost and OG?

For the DLCs, you do need the original weapon because DLC weapons are not in coffers but in the shop. But for vanilla weapons this doesn't apply.

About the differences, basically each version have a different gem sockets. This is because some socket distribution may be better in Lost variants or Uncanny... you basically have to look what is the best gem setup and then decide what variant you go. It's really for min-maxing anyways, all of them are viable.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Enjoy it guys this game is so amazing. It will be hard to adjust for the first two hours after (you will be thinking WTF?) that you will never want to play anything else.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
When does the store update so I can download this bad boy?

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For the DLCs, you do need the original weapon because DLC weapons are not in coffers but in the shop. But for vanilla weapons this doesn't apply.

About the differences, basically each version have a different gem sockets. This is because some socket distribution may be better in Lost variants or Uncanny... you basically have to look what is the best gem setup and then decide what variant you go. It's really for min-maxing anyways, all of them are viable.

Awesome, thanks. Guess I'm going shopping. :)

Looks like Uncanny has extra physical gems...? My Skill build was aiming for the Burial Blade, so that works.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Uncanny Burial Blade is indeed the best for a physical set up (and the best BB overall)

Ka-goddamned-ching!

One more question, if you don't mind (sorry!): Lost Chikage... would that be optimal for a Bloodtinge build? I think I read somewhere it has a circle gem which is purely for Blood Attack, yah?

LordZap

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to give this game a go, haven't touched the series since the original demon souls. Don't have high expectations considering how badly I did at the first game but I was only 11/12 at the time so maybe I'll do better on this one. I remember giving up after getting stuck on a long bridge with a dragon.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ka-goddamned-ching!

One more question, if you don't mind (sorry!): Lost Chikage... would that be optimal for a Bloodtinge build? I think I read somewhere it has a circle gem which is purely for Blood Attack, yah?

If you want the Chikage only for the Blood mode in a pure Bloodtinge build (and IMO you should) Lost variant is indeed the best. Blood mode scales either with physical and Blood gems, but Physical gems top at 27% while Blood gems can go up to 31%, so that's more damage added.

If you want to use both modes (a mixed SKL/BT build) the regular Chikage and all physical gems is the best.

Blood mode Chikage to me is always preferable because it does more damage and it has the unsheath attack when transforming that does even more damage and you should always use it as an opening for your attacks.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you want the Chikage only for the Blood mode in a pure Bloodtinge build (and IMO you should) Lost variant is indeed the best. Blood mode scales either with physical and Blood gems, but Physical gems top at 27% while Blood gems can go up to 31%, so that's more damage added.

If you want to use both modes (a mixed SKL/BT build) the regular Chikage and all physical gems is the best.

Blood mode Chikage to me is always preferable because it does more damage and it has the unsheath attack when transforming that does even more damage and you should always use it as an opening for your attacks.

Awesome again! Thank you.

My main is 50/25 BT/SKL with Chikage/Bowblade/Evelyn so I rely on bloodtinge and blood mode for my big damage. I prefer the riskier playstyle over the 50/50 approach.

I tend to either open straight away with the quick draw or pull it on the second hit of a combo, so we're on the same page!

Thanks again.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
A Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 PS4 Pro Patch would probably push me to upgrade.

Dark Souls 3 has a pro patch.

Awesome again! Thank you.

My main is 50/25 BT/SKL with Chikage/Bowblade/Evelyn so I rely on bloodtinge and blood mode for my big damage. I prefer the riskier playstyle over the 50/50 approach.

I tend to either open straight away with the quick draw or pull it on the second hit of a combo, so we're on the same page!

Thanks again.

My Bloodhunter man!
bloodborne-emotes-033.gif

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
We don't need unlocked framerate. We need better IQ, proper frame pacing, and CA toggle.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
I'm ready for this. I'm hoping it's harder than DS3..

Much

Feb 24, 2018
I think in the beginning at least that will depend on how much you relied on shields in the Souls games. That was a difficult transition for me when I played BB.

I pretty much had my shield up the whole game, honestly. This should be an extra challenge then, but that's what I really want even if it be incredibly frustrating.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Played it through once with the default cleaver weapon on a skill/str build, now i'm going to give threaded cane/skill a go on a new play through. Any tips?

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I pretty much had my shield up the whole game, honestly. This should be an extra challenge then, but that's what I really want even if it be incredibly frustrating.

It just took an hour or two to get used to being more aggressive, since like you I was pretty much also hiding behind my shield the whole time in Demon's and Dark Souls 1. It won't be long before you don't want to go back to hiding behind a shield! :)

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
lol the people playing for the first time.
Good luck getting passed the first area without dying 100+ times.

I havent played the game since it came out, but threaded cane is the best starter weapon.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
You won't miss the shield. Trust me. This is a game about riposte. Get your gun and put a bullet in their heads!

Good to hear. I felt like the shield definitely made DS3 easier than it should have been. It was my crutch. I will probably do a play through in the future with less shield-hiding.

It just took an hour or two to get used to being more aggressive, since like you I was pretty much also hiding behind my shield the whole time in Demon's and Dark Souls 1. It won't be long before you don't want to go back to hiding behind a shield! :)

Nice! I'm looking forward to being more aggressive. I felt like I was always waiting for an opening in DS3 rather than being aggressive. Maybe this'll make it more enjoyable. :D

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for making this thread, game of the forever.
I'll also be sure to come online on Saturday the 10th for a "return to Yarnham" jviggy43 any more info on this community event?

Bartend3r

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. I felt like the shield definitely made DS3 easier than it should have been. It was my crutch. I will probably do a play through in the future with less shield-hiding.

Nice! I'm looking forward to being more aggressive. I felt like I was always waiting for an opening in DS3 rather than being aggressive. Maybe this'll make it more enjoyable. :D
And man. The first area is intimidating as fuck. Don't give it up. Try again and again. The game pretty much teaches you the mechanics on the first area.

once you pass through the two warewolves, consider yourself ready. Or sort of.

Nov 21, 2017
Anyone have any tips for the second phase of Orphan of Kos. I can visceral the hell out of his first phase, and get to the second with nearly all my blood vials intact. But in his second phase he just goes berserk, and I barley have time to breath, let alone heal or attack him.

Edit: My main weapon is Ludwig's Holy Blade. I also use Simmon's Bow Blade.

Last edited: