• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
"That's the amount the video-game executive stands to receive before taxes when Microsoft Corp. completes its $68.7 billion deal to buy Activision. It's a remarkable payout for a leader whose recent tenure has been marked by employee complaints over sexism, a hostile work culture and mismanagement of assault claims."

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...oking-at-375-million-payday-in-microsoft-sale

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
On one hand, fuck this piece of shit. On the other, you have to be foolish to think he'd leave without some sort of golden parachute. He was always gonna get paid.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's because he owns a lot of the stock. They're paying $95 per share of stock. They're not paying him in addition to the ABK purchase.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Short of him dying before the sale he was always going to get a massive payout. He owns a lot of stock in the company.

edit: It's a lot of money, but at least he'll be fucking gone. It's one more step towards fixing ABK.

thefryguy

Apr 8, 2019
You know, I need to keep hearing that these executives are so free of consequences. Even in the most chaotic environments like he has allowed, I am still quite shocked that this is the outcome for him. Nice golden parachute. Meanwhile, he's leaving the company and shambles. You think the job of the CEO, and their payouts would be remotely tied to something other than profitability.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
He was getting paid no matter what, and even if he was fired for cause, he'd sue and probably win. At least he'll be gone - and there was no way he was getting pushed out of Activision any other way.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
You know, I need to keep hearing that these executives are so free of consequences. Even in the most chaotic environments like he has allowed, I am still quite shocked that this is the outcome for him. Nice golden parachute. Meanwhile, he's leaving the company and shambles. You think the job of the CEO, and their payouts would be remotely tied to something other than profitability.
CEOs get golden parachutes even without profitability. CEOs have joined successful companies, set it on fire, and get tens of million dollar bonuses as everyone else loses their jobs.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
More money probably isn't as important to him as staying in control of Activision Blizzard. I bet he would gladly give that money up to retain his position.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
My buddy kept texting me with messages about how Phil Spencer saved the ATVI employees by kicking out Bobby Koticks. My reply was that ATVI's problem goes beyond just one person, and that he's probably getting a huge golden parachute. Didn't think it'd be that big.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
"That's the amount the video-game executive stands to receive before taxes when Microsoft Corp. completes its $68.7 billion deal to buy Activision. It's a remarkable payout for a leader whose recent tenure has been marked by employee complaints over sexism, a hostile work culture and mismanagement of assault claims."

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...oking-at-375-million-payday-in-microsoft-sale

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sucks, but the guy was going to get a ridiculous pay day one way or another.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
My buddy kept texting me with messages about how Phil Spencer saved the ATVI employees by kicking out Bobby Koticks. My reply was that ATVI's problem goes beyond just one person, and that he's probably getting a huge golden parachute. Didn't think it'd be that big.

Technically, you're both correct.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Less than I expected, to be honest. Surely this is excluding his nearly $300MM for being sent packing after an acquisition

e: this is just his 4 million shares @ 95$/share

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he owned a lot of stock, it's not like Microsoft could just not pay him.

It sucks, but it's the reality of the situation.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Its funny (or depressing) that not only did everyone know this but most people even called "around 300mil golden parachute"

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
That's the society we live in, treat folks like shit and literally gets richer, it never fails. I aint even mad.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's nauseating to think of. Best thing is to not even acknowledge this prick anymore at this point.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
well yeah he owns a ton of stock because he's CEO
I get that he was paid in stock, but Bobby Kotick was there from the beginning. He basically helped transform Activision from a small rag tag group of former Atari Devs, to what it is today. He accumulated tons of stock in the process.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
This is how Nadella is helping out his boy. CEOs gotta watch out for each other. They could have offered less and gotten it approved considering the trajectory of the companies stock and outlook.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
He's scum, but at he's also responsible for getting Activision to where they are today. That's just how it works.

Other than resigning or get kicked out by the board, this is pretty much the only way to get rid of him.