Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
And thats just the value of the stock he owns. He'll get a further 250 million or something when he gets replaced according to that SEC filing.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
One of the reasons you own stocks is to get paid if the company sells

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
My buddy kept texting me with messages about how Phil Spencer saved the ATVI employees by kicking out Bobby Koticks. My reply was that ATVI's problem goes beyond just one person, and that he's probably getting a huge golden parachute. Didn't think it'd be that big.

I would imagine that Kotick's running buddies the board of directors are also going to fuck off into the sunset.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It was always going to be this way, but it still sucks ass. Especially because he's getting paid higher than the stock is actually worth.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Didn't this guy buy the company back in the day and create it to where it is today. I understand he is an asshole but he did take on a big investment and created a gigantic company. Pay the man and be done with him.

To people being mad, you buy a company for 500k that's bleeding money and build it to an empire and get forced out, would you think you should be paid?

Once again I'm not condoning anything this asshole did or said, I'm just saying from a business perspective he should get paid. It's just business

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And he won't have to move a finger regarding all the issues at A/B. Hell of a plan for him.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
And he won't have to move a finger regarding all the issues at A/B. Hell of a plan for him.

He is prob pissed still, company still worth over 50 billion before acquisition and he is getting a one time payout. Could of made a hell of a lot more if he wasn't forced out. I promise you that motherfucker was not excited about the buyout

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
He owns 4 million shares. That's how this works.

And for all intents and purposes he's been an amazing CEO. Continued profits, games still coming out and making money, plus he's covered up sexual abuse scandals. His only priority is maximizing returns for shareholders. That's it. He's done that.

Yeah he's a fucking ghoul but that's what a good CEO in America is.

This is how Nadella is helping out his boy. CEOs gotta watch out for each other. They could have offered less and gotten it approved considering the trajectory of the companies stock and outlook.

This isn't how it works lmao

Aug 23, 2018
He was always getting paid owning 4 million shares of the company. Didn't need a Bloomberg article to do the math on his payout to tell us that.

Even if he didn't go looking for someone to buy the company, there was next to no chance that the board kicks him out and makes him forfeit his shares with no exit strategy in sight for them. This was always going to end in a buy out.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Can't put a price on how important getting Kotick out is. Yeah it's shit that he's walking away with millions, but it's a bullet you have to bite as part of cleaning house.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Man, I wish I could be a shitty person and do a shit ass job at my workplace and leave with 370 million dollars. The system is broken, or is working as intended? Fuck.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people surprised? He pulled his chute and that is his going away "present".

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I wish I could be a shitty person and do a shit ass job at my workplace and leave with 370 million dollars. The system is broken, or is working as intended? Fuck.

It's working as intended. He didn't do a shitty job. For shareholders, he's done an incredible job.

For ya know, human beings who have been treated like shit to say the absolute least, he's done a horrid, horrid job. But they don't employ him. Shareholders do.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Well you have two options, he stays and continues to make money and shits on his staff or he leaves and gets a payout. What's the best option when he is the major shareholder?

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Yep. A man who was inevitably on the way out just got a massive golden parachute.

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
The article is true, but I really think it needs to be more clear that this is just Bloomberg doing the math on how many shares Kotick owns multiplied by the price MS is buying at.

This is a cash buyout, they're buying all the shares, and he owns 4 million of them. There's no other way this could happen. Burying that in the article makes it sound like MS is giving him $375 million extra outside of the purchase.

I think we all wish he wouldn't get anything, because fuck him, but there's literally no way they could buy Activision without paying him for his stock.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Could Microsoft sue him after he leaves for past actions at the company if like, as I'm sure it'll be the case, some of the workers at the company have PTSD from their experience working for him?

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
The other part to remember is, even IF they didn't get bought out...he's still not leaving without a huge pay check.

He knows where the bodies are buried. This was inevitable

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC

He's a toxic piece of shit, without question. But as many have said, he has turned a company worth practically nothing to be worth almost 80 billion (at one point). Basically what businesses dream of. Yes the system is broken, but he was going to get paid regardless.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
Could Microsoft sue him after he leaves for past actions at the company if like, as I'm sure it'll be the case, some of the workers at the company have PTSD from their experience working for him?

From My non lawyer understanding of things like this he's limited in liability anyway and the suit would have to be on the company not an individual. That's before getting into the history of how many CEOs have been successfully sued or prosecuted for crimes (hint: it's a small number)

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
there was no hope he'd face real accountability but it's just so depressing to read

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Honestly, I thought he owned more stock and would have gotten an amount closer to the billions.

It sucks, but at the same time he was never leaving before this deal and would have made even more money, not even mentioning he was still guaranteed a massive golden parachute.

Capitalism at its finest, but at least here he's just getting paid to hopefully fuck off into nothingness. If he stays after the deal I'll be pissed

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
We all knew after the Microsoft acquisition that Bobby was going to get a sweet deal out of it. Still fuck him.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
This is for all the stock he owns. The situation at Acti is public knowledge so they cant act surprised after the sale is through.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
He was always going to get a crap ton of money and with that crappy board he wasnt going to be leaving anytime soon.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
So even if he gets fired with cause, MS still pays him 300M+ in the end. Good fucking lord...
Microsoft isn't going to fire him. They are going to thank him for his years of service and talk about how good of a leader he was. I mean hell they already started doing that. CEO's get away with everything unless they upset the shareholders.

Nope. They will do nothing to him. He will walk away an exceedingly wealthy man for the rest of his life and probably get a job somewhere else. The only group the employees can sue are the business unless he personally did something to them.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Whatever shit happens, good or bad, these people always end up winning...

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Half the people in this thread haven't read what this $375M is. It's not a golden parachute, it's not fuck-off money, it's the amount he'll get for his shares - it's the total he gets from MS for the 4M of them he has when the deal goes through.

Removing him from his position will involve an entirely differnt huge sum of money, if/how/when that happens. He's not just going to walk away with a wave and a smile...

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
The crazy thing is that that is just his shares, dude's probably getting a severance package that easily clears $100 million.