Status
Not open for further replies.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Unless their way of integrating X-Men is through some weird universe crossover/merging thing, I doubt we'd see Hugh Jackman come back. Logan was pretty much universally praised as a great send-off for the character and actor. I have little faith that Disney could give the character enough time in a crossover movie for his presence to be worthwhile. And it would surely be counterproductive, because even if Hugh Jackman did come back it would only be for one or two movies surely. Dude's getting old...they're better off trying to find a new actor who can be Wolverine for years to come and try and become as iconic (I mean there's no hope in hell of that, but they need to try).
If X-Men weren't joining the MCU, my pick for Wolverine would have been Jon Bernthal. He can do a caring father figure and unstoppable primal rage tank so well. After Punisher, I can see him doing a berserker rage charge with that furious primal roar

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 100% behind Galactus being the next slow build big bad.

Also would be nice for Marvel to show you can do Galactus as a humanoid and make it work. He doesn't have to be a fucking cloud or a robot spaceship.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine, and Kitty Pryde.

Wolverine in his brown costume and a proper fastball special and I can die a happy man.

Please Lord Feige! Do not forsake us!

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I nominate Scott Eastwood (5' 11") as the new Wolverine. Hugh Jackman (6' 2.5") has paid his dues; it's time to pass the mantle/claws.

9QIzwBG.jpg

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine Marvel has a massive roadmap planned out about the next decade of the MCU.

And how that's now all been thrown out because they have freaking Doctor Doom and Galactus in their toy box.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You can develop a pretty solid yellow and blue Wolverine costume in live action.

The mask though? Ehhh...but yeah, I think Marvel could give him a costume thats easily more faithful.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Wonder if this happens if Apple is still going to be interested in buying Disney later.

Oct 27, 2017
I like Galactus but.....idk. It'd be weird to spend 10 years building up to "big bad alien dude is gonna destroy the world" then do that same plot again with Bigger Badder Alien Dude.

So how do you expect it to go.. Do the Avengers plant trees in the next arc?
Kang, AFTER Thanos? Lame.

Galactus. It must be done, especially if you ever want to see the Eternals, living tribunal, Eternity and Infinity in the MCU.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Comic book characters look so much more badass with the white eyes from their costume.

Get on that shit, Matt Reeves. Make that a thing for Batman in live action.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doom/Galactus would work in unison as the big lead up, I think. I don't think Galactus is enough by himself.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MCU doesn't really have to be faithful to any source material at this point. It's big enough.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
I hate how everything is made by only a handful of companies. No company should be allowed to be this big. Unfortunately our government seems to be fine with that.

I get that people are happy that these characters are coming to the MCU but less media diversity is always a bad thing, and having these companies control so much of what people see and consume has far reaching implications

We have already seen evidence of Disney exerting their influence and power through trying to ban the LA times from attending screenings of Disney films after writing a negative article about the company

Hopefully the AT&T deal for WB falls through as well

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
nah they'd get rid of them just like Cap's helmet wings

In fairness, I don't think Wolvie's wings look nearly as ridiculous in practice as Cap's ear feathers would have. That said, they might take a similar approach as they did with caps helmet, with the wings embossed on the side, and just have broad stripes going from the sides of the head down to the sides of the nose.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds awful. Disney owning/controlling more and more media is unnecessary.

On top of that from a "nerd" perspective it's more interesting to get variations on formula instead of one type over and over. But these things happen.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Being faithful while being character driven is part of why it's so big
That's not 100% true. While they started being faithful to the characters, overtime the MCU grew to become it's own thing. Nobody had a problem that the Guardians didn't act like DnA's version of the characters, or that Zemo isn't some purple hooded goon. MCU versions of the characters are so popular that Marvel Comics is trying real hard to make their versions act like the MCU.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I didn't like him there either as iron lad. That might be too complicated for a movie. Or not?
Sixteen-year-old Nathaniel "Nate" Richards is rescued by his time-traveling adult self, the villainous Kang the Conqueror, moments before bullies would cause him to be hospitalized for years of his life from a knife attack, an event that originally shaped his development into a villain. Kang takes his teenage self through time to witness the future battles and glory that would result in his transformation into Kang the Conqueror, hoping to inspire his younger self. However, it backfires and Nate is horrified at the life of evil his future self shows him. Kang presses Nate to accept his future by killing the bully who would have hospitalized him. Instead, Nate takes the time travel technology given to him by Kang and transports himself to the past, hoping to avoid his sinister destiny.[1]

He seeks the Avengers for assistance, but finds the Avengers disbanded. Seeking answers, he downloads the remnants of the destroyed Vision's operating system into his armor. This reveals a fail-safe plan created by the android to reform the Avengers should they disband or fall in action by locating the next generation of Avengers, all whom have some tie to the original team. Using this plan, Nate assembles his new team, the Young Avengers, with the sole purpose of defeating his future self and reshaping his own future. He models his armor after the Avenger Iron Man, calling himself Iron Lad.

That sounds MCU ready already.

(Also lol at these hotlinks. Thanks for the wikipedia articles on "Bullying" and "Evil".)

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
If Disney do grab them is it likely that the current Marvel IP films that Fox are working on will either be scrapped or go back to the drawing board to fit in with the MCU?

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
The variations have been garbo
Logan is better than any comic book movies that have come out of the MCU. X2 as well.

I don't like Deadpool but it was a huge hit that sparked/found a interest in departures from the norm. Even if it wasn't that creative.

P.S. even as a kid the Wolverine costume was trashcan

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Logan is better than any comic book movies that have come out of the MCU. X2 as well.

I don't like Deadpool but it was a huge hit that sparked/found a interest in departures from the norm. Even if it wasn't that creative.

P.S. even as a kid the Wolverine costume was trashcan
I don't like any X-Men movie besides FC and Deadpool so yeah

Garbo

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds MCU ready already.

(Also lol at these hotlinks. Thanks for the wikipedia articles on "Bullying" and "Evil".)
But wouldn't there need to be a lot of setup for Kang if that is the case? Meaning, we introduce him to the audience before that initial "young avengers" movie?

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly based on everything, rebooting the X-Men into the MCU. This might be the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.