mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't a major overshoot though? If it was 5-10 million I'd understand but 1 million?
Investors:

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.png

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
some more choice quotes from him:

""All great consoles need a great second year, and Nintendo hasn't delivered one for the Switch," said Cornelio Ash, an analyst at William O'Neil & Co. in Los Angeles. "Investors thought over five years they could sell maybe 90 million units. But after this year, that's looking pretty much impossible."
Incredible

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Why are people blaming "investors" when Nintendo themselves overshot their projections and had to change them?

You can't signal you will be making less money than you told investors, and not expect a significant stock price drop.

None of this means they are doomed.. it's just normal ass market reaction.
Every video game market thread (especially for Nintendo) is like this. People think meanie investors are ganging up on poor [company they like] rather than investors doing what they do with any company under the sun.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
some more choice quotes from him:

""All great consoles need a great second year, and Nintendo hasn't delivered one for the Switch," said Cornelio Ash, an analyst at William O'Neil & Co. in Los Angeles. "Investors thought over five years they could sell maybe 90 million units. But after this year, that's looking pretty much impossible."

Apparently he went to the Michael Pachter school of being an analyst.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's no indication they're waiting till 2025. I'm not sure where this comes from aside from pessimism
My source is I made it up, but so is everyone else's. I would buy a Switch 2 tomorrow if it released, but I have to wonder what the plan is for Nintendo here, the Switch is still selling great.

Oct 27, 2017
My source is I made it up, but so is everyone else's. I would buy a Switch 2 tomorrow if it released, but I have to wonder what the plan is for Nintendo here, the Switch is still selling great.
But as people have stated they aren't just waiting for it not to sell well to release their next console. If 3rd parties are already working on games, which they'll have to be to meet a potential launch (and which we know is the case from reports of dev kits going out way back, assuming those are true), they can't just sit on them until Nintendo figures out when to launch. So any plans will have been figured out already, and won't hinge on Switch sales dipping

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
What will we do in a world without Nintendo? After the disaster that was the Wii U, the company had one more chance to recapture an audience. It failed miserably. Nintendo you will be missed. /s