Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
It's already troubling enough dealing with the terms "reboot/remake/remaster" together. What would a re-envisioning even mean if you're still using an already existing product as a base?
It's another way to say reimagining as Tim Burton put it about his Planet of the Apes film. A remake that instead of being 1:1, puts its own spin on it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Might be something like Legend of Dragoon, which is popular and wanted, but needs one?

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Panzer Dragoon Saga

One day, it will come true..... :(

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know that this is a Sony game?
I think there was something that could be read as for 1 platform in a job listing, though could be thinking of something else and then there's the Demon Souls remake rumour and BluePoints history with Sony, so people assuming it's DeS Remake.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they state in their GDC talk that SotC's animation in the remaster is handled by the original codebase, considering much of Wander's animation is actually different.

Anyway, definitely putting my eye on whatever they're working on next.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
ytVhwFR.png
would be a dream

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVED Bluepoint's Shadow of the Colossus. More than the original. Bring on the next project. I just hope it's something I'm interested in.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
To me this makes it seem like it isn't Demon's Souls.

When I think of "reimagining" I imagine a substantially different take on the original project, unlike SotC where they remade all the assets but kept everything 1:1 otherwise.

I mean I guess it could still be true, but certainly not what I thought would happen.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The whole "re-envisioning" is why I don't think this is Demon's Souls (Though I wouldn't mind if it was). Would be very surprising for a western dev to change so much of the Souls formula before From themselves that I wonder if they'd be allowed to by Sony.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They consider Shadow of the Colossus on PS4 a remake is what they're saying. Some would consider it a remaster.

The distinction between port/remaster/remake can shift based on the person. What they're talking about for their new project is probably what others would also consider a remake (something like the recent Ratchet and Clank, or Resident Evil 2).
SoTC is a remake. It's not up for debate.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
Assuming it IS Demon's Souls what would they even change? All the things that come to mind seem more like QoL changes than anything (removing weight limit, adding poise, new armor/weapons/rings and more slots like the later games, tweaking the world tendency system, etc), stuff like that, which wouldn't merit it being called a re-envisioning IMO. Maybe create the 6th archstone that from couldn't finish in time?

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
No way it's R3make. Capcom said last year they're done with western outsourcing. I'd bet Platinum is doing the R3make.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
SoTC is a remake. It's not up for debate.

I won't debate it with you but that isn't true. For instance Modern Warfare Remastered considers itself as such, despite being a similar refinement and graphical overhaul of the experience. Some might consider Resident Evil 2 and remake, some might consider it more of a reimagining. The labels are very subjective.