• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
BoJack-Horseman-Season-5-Poster-Key-Art.jpg

Synopsis:

BoJack will be starring in a new TV show called Philbert, playing a character with disturbing parallels to BoJack's real life, echoes that force BoJack to confront himself and his past in ways large and small. Also, Diane gets a haircut.

Trailer:

Cast:

• Will Arnett as Bojack Horseman
    • Amy Sedaris as Princess Carolyn
    • Alison Brie as Diane Nguyen
    • Paul F. Tompkins as Mr. Peanutbutter
    • Aaron Paul as Todd Chavez
Guest Starring

• Aparna Nancherla as Hollyhock Manheim-Manheim-Guerrero-Robinson-Zilberschlag-Hsung-Fonzerelli-McQuack
    • Rami Malek as Flip McVicker
    • Cedric Yarbrough as Officer Meow Meow Fuzzy Face
    • Natalie Morales as Yolanda Buenaventura
    • Abbi Jacobson as Emily
Interviews:

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/bojack-horseman-netflix-raphael-bob-waksberg-718290/

https://slate.com/culture/2018/09/b...bob-waksberg-diane-nguyen-representation.html (YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY READ THIS ONE)

REGARDING SPOILERS:
All spoilers regarding plotlines in S5 should be hidden under tags until September 21, or a week from when the new season is available.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 felt super repetitive and water tread-y, so hopefully this season offers a meaningful step forward for the series.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Season 4 felt like a new injection of life after season 3 felt super repetitive and water tread-y, so hopefully this season offers a meaningful step forward to the series.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Seasons 3/4 were super repetitive and water tread-y, so I'm looking forward to this season moving the show forward in a meaningful way.

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Can't wait to see Bojack get better and then fuck everything up, that could move the show forward

OP
OP
TheGreatDirector
Oct 26, 2017
Season 4 felt super repetitive and water tread-y, so hopefully this season offers a meaningful step forward for the series.

Season 4 felt like a new injection of life after season 3 felt super repetitive and water tread-y, so hopefully this season offers a meaningful step forward to the series.

Seasons 3/4 were super repetitive and water tread-y, so I'm looking forward to this season moving the show forward in a meaningful way.

giphy.gif

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
Slate article in the OP does have some minor spoilers - A storyline in S5E02, theme of S5E04, if people want to go in completely blind, don't read the article.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there's an in joke about treading water I've missed.

Either way, can't wait for this.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
This might legitimately be my favorite show currently on air. From the trailer it looks like they will at least try to shake things up a bit, while I liked season 4 I agree it was kind of treading water. However, while that may have worked for season 4 to be more character-driven rather than plot-driven (unlike the first three seasons it didn't have a central theme unifying the overarching narrative), it's very much in danger of getting stale. It seems the creators understand it though, so I ain't afraid of that just yet.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I must have been stupid because I've never associated that (BB) Aaron Paul with Todd for some reason but it all makes sense now. I thought it was someone with a really similar name. I really need to start looking at the credits more closely.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'm really looking forward to watching this, it'll be grea... Erica! You know you're not allowed in EtcetEra.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Better Call Saul's basically become a show about depression at this point, so now I'm ready for two shows to make me sad.

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
I'm predicting this season will be a shooting gallery of Chekhov guns planted in previous seasons.

I just hope Princess Carolyn is OK. She deserves better.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 was definitely fantastic from the point of view of his mother but I can get the argument of "water tread-y" even if it's a bit poorly formatted here :P I think the show is now doing better when it doesn't focus on Bojack for a while.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly agree but the seasons were still really damn good. I keep thinking each season the show should end or make some forward progress, but they manage to pull off some really great episodes anyways. It's a miserable show to get through but rewarding when I do.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Season 4 was the season with his mom, the fracking episode where Hollywood starts eating each other and the house rebuilding episode right? Pretty damn good then

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm so ready for this. My mind is so not ready for this.

I'll probably binge the season come Friday evening.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Besides the obvious gut-punch penultimate episode of the season I really hope they still have that one completely off-the-wall self-contained episode like they did in the past two seasons with the underwater and underground episodes, these were fun.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
i'm ready to cry some more

but the show needs to end this or next season, before it gets stale and tarnishes a pretty much perfect run.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it continues the run of each season being a straightforward improvement on the last.

Oh Hi Mark

Oct 29, 2017
BACK IN THE NINETIES

I hate how netflix skips credits. Is their a way to change it in settings? It's a great moment to reflect on the episode