• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
3rd has kicked my ass.

1st and 2nd I had no reaction. 1st night of the 3rd, nausea. 2nd night was chills, headache, aches. 3rd day the same. 4th and 5th days I've had a full headache. This is my 5th day and finally took some paracetamol. Now I have an aching jaw.

I'm actually wondering if I have covid. Breathing is fine and no chest pains. Been in bed the past few days just trying to rest. Minimal time outside and my food has been takeaway.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all should state how long it's been since your 2nd shot because I wonder if the reaction is much worse closer to 6 months than if you wait 8+ months.
Got my booster 8 months after my 2nd shot (all Moderna). Felt like I had a mild cold with a bit of arm soreness for about 24 hours after.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine today. I really fucking hope my shot didn't leak out most of the vaccine before getting into my arm, because I barely felt any effects from this (could have just been normal tiredness and headache, not uncommon for me) when the first two both messed me up really bad.

What a weird situation I'm in. I hope they recommend another Moderna dose (due to it only being a half dose) or have a new variant vaccine out sooner than later so I can have peace of mind and not have to worry if my third shot was given improperly or not.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine today. I really fucking hope my shot didn't leak out most of the vaccine before getting into my arm, because I barely felt any effects from this (could have just been normal tiredness and headache, not uncommon for me) when the first two both messed me up really bad.

What a weird situation I'm in. I hope they recommend another Moderna dose (due to it only being a half dose) or have a new variant vaccine out sooner than later so I can have peace of mind and not have to worry if my third shot was given improperly or not.
You're fine, you got it.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
I'm glad i was able to get the booster after 5 months, didn't felt any effects (same as the two main ones). Sometimes i wonder if i really get the vaccine at all :P

Oct 25, 2017
3rd has kicked my ass.

1st and 2nd I had no reaction. 1st night of the 3rd, nausea. 2nd night was chills, headache, aches. 3rd day the same. 4th and 5th days I've had a full headache. This is my 5th day and finally took some paracetamol. Now I have an aching jaw.

I'm actually wondering if I have covid. Breathing is fine and no chest pains. Been in bed the past few days just trying to rest. Minimal time outside and my food has been takeaway.

I would go for a test, if you are near a free location. I had it bad but unknowingly had COVID at the time, and your symptoms are way beyond normal for a vaccine.

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
I would go for a test, if you are near a free location. I had it bad but unknowingly had COVID at the time, and your symptoms are way beyond normal for a vaccine.

Going to go tomorrow. Unfortunately in France the majority of testing centres and pharmacies are closed on Sunday. And nearest open one is a 40 min journey by public transport to the airport .

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my booster 8 months after my 2nd shot (all Moderna). Felt like I had a mild cold with a bit of arm soreness for about 24 hours after.
Thanks, so 1 case of minor side effects at 8 months. I think my theory probably holds up that side effects are less the longer you go between the 2nd and booster.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Did my booster 5ish months after my 2nd and didn't really have many side effects. Felt kinda tired and a little meh and took some tylenol before bed and woke up fine the next morning

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Got the booster in the AM, woke up the following day with major joint pain all over and it slowly went away as the day went on. The only thing that was really sore the following evening was the injection site and it was less severe than earlier in the day...

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Day 3 after getting the booster. Felt kinda blah for the first two days and lack energy still. Overall, can't much complain. None of my three shots (Moderna) have resulted in any really bad symptoms.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Day 3 since I got the booster(moderna) and also the flu shot at the same time. Really no real symptoms.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got mine on Saturday, woke up today with chills and shakes with low energy. Thing hit me like a brick lol. Likely going take tomorrow off.

Wife on other hand got no effects other than sore arm.

Oct 30, 2017
Got my booster and flu shots 8 hours ago, and I'm just feeling sore on both arms. I'm expecting to feel more symptoms when I wake up, but hopefully not...

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
No side effects from my booster, ~10 months after 2nd. The 2nd shot had me feeling really awful with mild flu-like symptoms. I had a sore arm the next day, but I also moved a big piece of furniture up a flight of stairs so it was really one slightly more sore arm than the other.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I had pretty mild side effects to the booster and I think most of it happened while sleeping. I woke up a few times feeling weird but was able to back to sleep. I was tired today a bit but not much more than that. I did have a weird feeling tonight… not quite nausea… but not sure what that was and it's gone now.

Oct 25, 2017
It took me about 36 hours to feel any symptoms. Got teeth chattering chills and some really painful armpit aches! I took the first 2 shots fine.

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
No side effects other than a little sore arm for me. I got the moderna booster after having my first two with Pfizer. I keep hearing the secret is to be Uber hydrated and it's worked for me so far.

Pfizer wasn't too bad either for me. I did get more fatigue with it than with my moderna booster.

Oct 27, 2017
Got my moderna booster today, its been about 12 hours since I got it. I'm cautiously awaiting symptoms other than obvious sore arm, even though I didnt really have any for the first two.

*crosses fingers*

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
got the moderna booster on friday, absolutely destroyed me all of saturday; fever peaked at like 102.5, horrible aches, chills, the whole 9 yards lol

first two were Pfizer and all I had was sore arm

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
All three shots for me were Moderna. The first was easy, just some light soreness. The 2nd felt like someone put me in a sack full of hammers and kicked me down a flight of stairs; three days of total exhaustion, full body aches, chills with cold sweats, etc.

Currently T+12h with the booster, so far just a sore arm and a mid-grade headache.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
I had mild fatigue from my booster that I got 3 days ago. Not as bad as my second shot which I got 3 weeks after the first. That second shot gave me body aches for two days.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Getting my Moderna booster tomorrow morning. Hoping it's not too bad but I have already planned for it and my work gives special leave for vaccine side effects.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I got mine at around noon on Saturday, didn't feel much of anything until past midnight when I started getting into bed and I started feeling a little crummy. My body woke me up at 4 AM, and from 4 AM until 2 PM today (Sunday, I'm on the west coast), I was basically in a state of perpetual pain and tiredness. I went in and out of sleep, was awake more than 80% of the time probably but my brain couldn't really process much, I kept looking at my laptop and doing things online but it was all a blur, and I couldn't do much of anything physical or even play a video game. Then at 2 PM I finally got up to eat lunch, and from there I was still feeling pretty crummy and tired but could at least like, walk around. These past few hours I've started feeling better to an extent though.

Oct 27, 2017
Overall my booster didn't knock me out the way my second dose did - but the effects and in particular the physical soreness in my left arm lingered way longer than the side effects of any of the other shot. Interestingly it wasn't the spot on my arm where I got the shot that was physically sore, but rather the armpit oddly enough.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
The wife and I got our single shot J&J in May, the weekend before last we got boostered with Biontec/Pfizer.

My wife had a slight feeling of an incoming cold the same day, I had slight pain in the joints and a bit of headache the day after. We both were good the 3rd day after the shots.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Got my Moderna booster yesterday early in the AM. 1st dose just hurt my arm like shit and maybe had a little malaise, 2nd kicked my ass and I had to take a day off work to recover, and this 3rd one was more-or-less fine. Felt kind of groggy last night, and had a little bit of restlessness and chills during the middle of my night's sleep, but otherwise nothing like the 2nd dose. Still groggy at me moment but not sure if that's the vaccine or because I woke up like 4 times last night lol.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Overall my booster didn't knock me out the way my second dose did - but the effects and in particular the physical soreness in my left arm lingered way longer than the side effects of any of the other shot. Interestingly it wasn't the spot on my arm where I got the shot that was physically sore, but rather the armpit oddly enough.
That's your lymph nodes reacting.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
got my Pfizer booster Friday and Saturday was a little rough...woke up with a 101.2 fever but other than a massive headache and some chills I was mostly better by the end of the day and basically normal yesterday minus arm pain...my second shot was worse as i also had some lymph node/armpit pain for a few days that was really annoying and I don't appear to have that this time...

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I got my Moderna booster the other day after having it for the first two. Luckily the symptoms this time around are a much milder version of my second shot.

I still have a bit of headache and upset stomach, along with feeling somewhat lethargic, but its not like the second shot which completely knocked me out for most of the day and everything felt a lot more painful. I was able to get up at a reasonable hour this time around and didn't have to make a pit stop to deposit my dinner in the toilet. I'm hoping if this becomes an annual thing further boosters are like my first shot where I felt nothing, but if not, then it being like this booster shot wouldn't be too bad.

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
Well, certainly seems like I spoke too soon, because last night was rough. I couldn't get warm no matter what I did, full body aches, strong headache on top of that, etc. I wound up with very little sleep and felt extremely dehydrated despite chugging tons of water.

I took an Excedrin this morning, the chills have subsided, most of the pain is gone, and currently the only other residual effect is a bit of an upset stomach. My hope is that, unlike the 2nd shot, these side effects are basically a one day thing.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Pfizer booster on Friday at noon. Was fine the rest of the day, and assumed I was in the clear.

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Saturday, woke up early-ish to take my kid to a function. Made it as far as the coffee maker before my body temperature instantly increased by 200 degrees and I felt nauseated. The feeling passed after about 5 minutes, and then I went back to bed for a few hours. Was thankfully fine the rest of the weekend except for some overall muscle soreness.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got it today. Nothing so far, no headaches. My arm is sore, that's it. Its been a few hours, so we'll see. Nurse says I can take Ibuprofen or Tylenol. I'm like alright.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
3rd has kicked my ass.

I had bad chills first night, and headaches muscle pain next day. Third Day still had headaches but that was it, luckily. Hopefully it'll end for you soon.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Y'all should state how long it's been since your 2nd shot because I wonder if the reaction is much worse closer to 6 months than if you wait 8+ months.
My 2nd Pfizer shot was back in April, which is 8 months ago. I've just received my Pfizer booster shot & my flu shot together on December 2nd, which is not too long ago.

As I stated earlier, I received both of them in my left arm, & I've received a sore arm about an hour after I received them, followed by headache pain the next day. Well today, I'm starting to recover, & while my arm pain still hasn't gone away as of yet, it's not as severe like it used to be for the first two days.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
The booster is kicking my ass. I got Thursday last week and my arm still hurts and my lymp node in my armpit swelled up too. I'm also exhausted and occasionally get chills. I'm pretty much caring the same reaction I did with my first Pfizer shot but with more swelling and soreness

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently I actually got a light cough from the shot(It's not Covid, I got tested). The soreness and slight fatigue was actually kind of pleasant to me. 🙃

Oct 28, 2017
1st Pfizer - sore arm for 3 days

2nd Pfizer - 36 hours after receiving began to break out into chills l, feeling out of body, and ran a low grade fever. Started at 2pm and was perfectly fine when I woke up at 8am next morning. Still had sore arm for 3 days.

Pfizer Booster - same symptoms as second shot but started within hours of receiving my booster and lasted much longer. About a day and a half of those chills, low grade fever and general feeling like I'm walking dead. Also had sore arm for 3 days.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know how to feel about the lack of side effects. Its been decreasing with every shot. Took Pfhizer.

1st had a very noticeable soreness that lasted 3-4 days

2nd gave me nearly as sore arm with a slight fogginess for the first day

3rd gave me a barely noticeable soreness with a bit of tiredness next morning which disappeared by mid day.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
I have a couple questions for you guys.

1)What exactly is "Fogginess"? I keep hearing that term but what is it in this context?

2)To those of you that got your ass kicked and felt terrible from the booster, would you be willing to get a second booster, then a third booster, and a booster every six months if it means experiencing the same adverse side effects every time? Just wondering what your thoughts on it are?

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My booster this Saturday was different from the first two, first two I had a sore arm for like three days and nothing else, this time the sore arm never really got that bad and cleared up after 24 hours but I felt incredibly drowsy, drained, and lethargic and wasn't back to 100% until this morning. By all accounts, even that was relatively mild so I'm happy.

I'd take another every 5 months for the rest of my life if it reduced the Covid problem even a little bit, though.