• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
Just started last night and the loot isn't coming as quickly as it did the previous Borderlands Games. I'm sure it'll pick up, but opening chest after chest of ammo...like, where's the guns?

I feel like Borderlands 3 gets going much more slowly than previous games. To me it feels like it really picks up around level 15; you finally get to unlock the third tier of skills, get more customizability of your action skill, and get access to class items. And the guns start getting more interesting. To some extent the Borderlands games all start slow (remember having to wait until level 10 for skills in BL 1?) but it seems worse in BL 3. Fortunately it does get fun and more generous as you progress.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
To be honest, once you start doing Mayhem, you'll get so many Legendaries, you'll have to start deleting some of them.
Which is not a problem I ever had in BL2. But maybe it's because all characters had their own personal bank back then, but I'm pretty sure the legendary drop rate in BL2 was a lot worse(and that's as someone who played hundreds of hours over the years). Just the other day in BL3, I think I got 3 legendaries in a corner of Eden-6 from fighting 3 or 4 badasses and 2 thieving jabbers. You never saw that kind of thing in BL2.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
To be honest, once you start doing Mayhem, you'll get so many Legendaries, you'll have to start deleting some of them.
Which is not a problem I ever had in BL2. But maybe it's because all characters had their own personal bank back then, but I'm pretty sure the legendary drop rate in BL2 was a lot worse(and that's as someone who played hundreds of hours over the years). Just the other day in BL3, I think I got 3 legendaries in a corner of Eden-6 from fighting 3 or 4 badasses and 2 thieving jabbers. You never saw that kind of thing in BL2.
Yeah it's definitely more generous than BL2. I've had mayhem 3 runs with multiple legendary drops.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Stuck at
Agoniser 9000
boss fights. Any tips or maybe I should just over level
He's rough. I found him to easily be the biggest roadblock on my first play through. I think the two biggest tips I would say are you have to focus on his weak points (basically anything red) cos he has such a mountain of health and you have to stay very mobile so I would try to use guns that are highly accurate and that you can hip fire well. Also you have to constantly keep half an eye and ear out for his visual and audio cues, he has some scary attacks but he does broadcast what he is about to do which will hopefully help you dodge them. Good luck and if all else fails you can always over level yourself.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Lawd this a long credits sequence. Very cool finale, albeit short.

Level 37.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of post-game stuff to do I see. I'm a little overwhelmed. What do folks suggest doing first?
- TVHM playthrough
- Mayhem modes for remaining sidequests
- Proving Grounds (don't even know where or how to get to these, but keep seeing them mentioned?)
- Circles of Slaughter horde modes (only found one -- I assume there are more out there?)

Also, can you activate Mayhem modes right away in TVHM?

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I was under the impression that after investigation he was cleared of wrong doing? Even AMC reinstated him on Talking Dead, and I see him on videos a lot as well....

I didn't really follow that situation but I don't think it ever went anywhere after NBC and AMC looked into it. You will need to do some googling to find out more.

Will do. I appreciate the information.

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of post-game stuff to do I see. I'm a little overwhelmed. What do folks suggest doing first?
- TVHM playthrough
- Mayhem modes for remaining sidequests
- Proving Grounds (don't even know where or how to get to these, but keep seeing them mentioned?)
- Circles of Slaughter horde modes (only found one -- I assume there are more out there?)

I started with Mayhem mode 2, decent amount of legendaries, good XP. Finishing up sidequests and some farming. If I'm going to go through the campaign again
I'm going with a new character

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Nope. You have to beat the story again to unlock Mayhem and loot is garbage in TVHM until you do.

I just farmed with friends and did sidequests etc in normal on Mayhem 2 and 3 until, I hit level 50 and then went to TVHM and blew through the story missions to unlock mayhem there. Now I'm just farming there with mayhem on and working on clearing out sidequests and 100 percenting the maps.

Oct 27, 2017
Here's another Zane build for y'all: Rough Rider Infiltrator

Completed Mayhem 3 Slaughter Shaft with a -70% health regen modifier and overall neutral modifiers. Anointed enemies are easy to take down. Btw, Double Barrel Digi-Clone with the SkekSil is very effective.

Equipment:
  • Maggie - primary damage dealer, synergy with Infiltrator Class Mod and bonus crit damage modifier for Jakobs
  • Deft Barrage Assault Rifle - secondary damage dealer, also good for freezing
  • Redline Shotgun (Incendiary) - used for decent burst damage against larger enemies or groups
  • SkekSil Pistol (Corrosive) - primary use for Digi-Clone, S-tier usage and melts armored enemies
  • Rough Rider Shield - used for synergy with Class Mod and to proc CCC at full health
  • Recurring Hex (Cryo) - high cryo efficiency used to help us freeze and proc CCC
  • Infiltrator Class Mod - bonus gun damage based on how low our shields are, so a major boost with RR shield
  • Ice Breaker Artifact - bonus damage against frozen enemies and increased Cryo efficiency
Doubled Agent Tree:
  • Synchronicity (5/5): +20% gun damage per active action skill
  • Praemunitus (3/3): +25% magazine size for Zane and Digi-Clone
  • Donnybrook (5/5): +15% gun damage, 2.5% health regen for Zane and Digi-Clone (Kill Skill)
  • Fractal Frags (1/1): Clone spawns with grenade and drops a free grenade on death. Also, 30% chance for clone to throw another grenade on Kill Skill while still active.
  • Duct Tape Mod (5/5): Zane gets a 20% chance to throw a grenade from first shot fired
  • Which One's Real (Augment): Synergy with Trick of the Light
  • Digital Distribution (Augment): Shared health damage with Clone
  • Pocket Full of Grenades (1/3): Grenade regeneration 5% per second (Kill Skill)
  • Boom. Enhance. (1/1): Clone consumes up to 3 grenades for massive buffs
  • Trick of the Light (3/3): 18% shock damage to enemies not targeting Main Zane
  • Double Barrel (1/1): Clone spawns and is equipped with Zane's gun, +20% increased gun damage for Zane and clone every time they swap
Under Cover Tree:
  • Adrenaline (5/5): Up to +35% action skill cool down rate based on amount of shields, useless for this build
  • Rise to the Occasion (5/5): Up to 5% health regeneration per second based on how low Zane's shields are
  • Brain Freeze (5/5): +20% chance to slow enemies on crits until they freeze
  • Stiff Upper Lip (3/3): +15% damage resistance based on type
  • All-Rounder (Augment): Dome shield, +20% cooldown
  • Deterrence Field (Augment): Shock damage and stagger enemies
  • Really Expensive Jacket (1/1): Status effect duration -50%
  • Futility Belt (1/1): +22% damage reduction on elemental type converted to non-elemental (Kill Skill)
  • Refreshment (1/3): Life steal 8% of damage dealt
  • Calm, Cool, Collected (1/1): Action skill cooldown and duration immediately reset when freezing enemies while shields and health are ful

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Anyone on PS4 mind duping a lvl 50 red suit and lvl 50 elemental projector anointed legendaries. Been farming Sylestro and Atomic for a while now and haven't gotten the red suit yet.

Last edited:

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the campaign. It was good now to try for the platinum.

I played at Zane and mowed through the enemies with my assault rifle. The final boss was easy with him. Level 42.

Jan 10, 2018
Here's another Zane build for y'all: Rough Rider Infiltrator

• Duct Tape Mod (5/5): Zane gets a 20% chance to throw a grenade from first shot fired

Does this apply to first shot after reloading, or first shot after swapping weapons? How (if at all) does it work with the infinity pistol?

I expected "Mayhem Mode" to be a bit more chaotic given the name. Something like every 5 mins a random modifier would be applied like the Claptrap action skill in the pre-sequel. Would be more fun if halfway through a boss fight or slaughter wave, everyone started bouncing around like rubber ducks, or discharging whole magazines in 1 shot, or all mobs shrink to the size of tinks. At the moment it just increases the bullet spongeyness of enemies and that's it.

Oct 27, 2017
Does this apply to first shot after reloading, or first shot after swapping weapons? How (if at all) does it work with the infinity pistol?

I expected "Mayhem Mode" to be a bit more chaotic given the name. Something like every 5 mins a random modifier would be applied like the Claptrap action skill in the pre-sequel. Would be more fun if halfway through a boss fight or slaughter wave, everyone started bouncing around like rubber ducks, or discharging whole magazines in 1 shot, or all mobs shrink to the size of tinks. At the moment it just increases the bullet spongeyness of enemies and that's it.

DTM applies to the first shot after every reload. For Infinity Pistol, you'd just have to swap to a different weapon.

I'm not a fan of the modifiers either, I re-roll if there are some that are simply BS against me.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Apologies if posted but this made me lol

ck58vf47ktt31.gif

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
They only thing Mayhem about Mayhem mode is whether or not your BL3 application is going to crash to desktop while quitting and reloading 30 times in a row. Glad I have an SSD in my PS4. Makes that part go quickly at least.

But seriously, they are the most unimaginative modifiers you could possibly think of and with pure random rolls and some of the pairings, it just makes for the dumbest possible modifiers that no one would play with and would make the game horrifically un fun. Literally any single person who has played BL3 or any BL game for at least 2 hours could have a 15 minute brainstorming session and come up with about 4 dozen possible Mayhem modifiers that would be more fun and chaotic.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think well get for this week?
Hopefully that big patch I talked about a bit ago (the not so day 30 patch haha). if we don't get it this week then it'll just be a hotfix fixing some patch mistakes from last week (like flakker consuming 5 ammo instead of 1) and maybe a temp bandaid buff to pet damage along with some buffs to weaker legendaries (that they want to be endgame viable)

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully that big patch I talked about a bit ago (the not so day 30 patch haha). if we don't get it this week then it'll just be a hotfix fixing some patch mistakes from last week (like flakker consuming 5 ammo instead of 1) and maybe a temp bandaid buff to pet damage along with some buffs to weaker legendaries (that they want to be endgame viable)
Yeah lool we be waiting for that big patch, but like last week we got the eridium week , i hope for something better this week

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Echo skins have to be the most worthless type of cosmetic in this game.

One of the devs talked with kinda funny games around launch and stated the event would be about a month but wasn't able to give concrete dates at the time.
Wonder if December is when the maliwan raid stuff comes out. I had assumed December would be dlc1 because of that content map released at launch but it seems unlikely now.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if it's been answered before, I just tried matchmaking in mayhem mode 1 for a circle of slaughter, and in the game I played the skull at the bottom of the screen wasn't there, it was the arena in normal. Is there a way to make sure I'm matched with people at the same mayhem lvl? In the marchmaking screen there seems to be no option :(

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Man, even when I have the gear for some of these builds I still can't hang for very long
solo at slaughter shaft on M3. I don't have any anointed legendaries let alone ones that synergies with a build. I guess those anointed perks go a long way. Def look forward to the boost this week. God I wish all the previous week's drop buffs stayed the whole month. Gonna have to farm the shit out of Graveward because I get fuck all for loot in M3 shaft with only lasting a few waves.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I have to be near the end of the campaign now if they just sent me to an old DAHL mine on Pendora right after Roland'S Retreat or whatever the thing is called got attacked by bandits

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I have to be near the end of the campaign now if they just sent me to an old DAHL mine on Pendora right after Roland'S Retreat or whatever the thing is called got attacked by bandits
I'm not quite sure where that is story wise, but you at least have another planet to do, although not nearly as long as the rest(excluding Athena).

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope those annointed drops are massively boosted like they said. The boss drop week was poor. The rare spawn was decent. Eridium was trash.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Managed to do slaughter house 3000 solo on M3 with Moze after getting the deathless artifact. Thanks again Chopin!. Got fuck all for drops. Is slaughter shaft the only circle that give decent drops?