• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Manage to fix most of the stuttering of this game by putting in as a launch option -NOTEXTURESTREAMING, there is still some stutter here and there but it's a lot more manageable now.

what's with UE4 games and the horrible texture streaming? Jedi Fallen also suffered from it.

by extension I'm enjoying the game a lot more now. Gunplay is much more enjoyable than previous entries with all the mobility options. Cool to see old characters like Zer0, and Maya.

I do regret buying the standard edition, instead of just buying the deluxe version with the season pass included when it was on sale though.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
The dlc
pearl
artifact is broken right now. Calculates damage the wrong way giving you way more damage than the card says. Use before they nerf it.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really hate how there is only a single checkpoint in the middle of the Maliwan Takedown raid. It just makes dying against the final boss not fun because you have to fight through all the waves of enemies before it everytime. And oh boy is it easy to die against that boss, even on Mayhem 1. Which is stupid, considering how easy the rest of the game is on Mayhem 3.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I really hate how there is only a single checkpoint in the middle of the Maliwan Takedown raid. It just makes dying against the final boss not fun because you have to fight through all the waves of enemies before it everytime. And oh boy is it easy to die against that boss, even on Mayhem 1. Which is stupid, considering how easy the rest of the game is on Mayhem 3.

Brawler ward/face puncher exploit still works if you die off a ledge.

1. Put all skill points in sheild maiden tree
2. Unequip com
3. Equip brawler ward
4. Jump off ledge for 20 minutes
5. Equip com (bloodletter)
6. Equip face puncher
7. Do 3-7 million damage in one shot

If you get downed you will lose the damage stacking.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah a checkpoint before Wotan would be nice.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Shift code for 10 keys - C3KTJ-WF9SK-F9F6H-56TT3-CZ6FR

From 3/27 until 4/10. Late on this but for those who didnt see like me.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Beat the main story and used Graveward to get to 57, had a ton of fun with the game, and am now hoping to kick even more butt!

Anyone got any fun builds or reccomendations for a good FL4K? I'm hoping to start new playthroughs with other characters soon enough, but I'd like to shore up any weaknesses with him first, and I think a Fade Away build with an Invincibility after Break/50% Hp Build would be a good place to start.

I'll take any recommendations though! Burst Sickle seems like a real sure bet overall though, if I can get lucky enough to get one Anointed!

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
On the second to last mission of the new dlc and I honestly wish they would take the smaller arc approach they have with the dlcs and have that be the main campaign too. I know they kinda did that already (siege of Atlas, takeover of Jacobs, etc) but I felt it was hamstrung having to be tied to you stopping the Calypsos all the time

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Anyone play yesterday, and then log in today and find your weapons are.. nerfed? Like I'm pretty sure my shotgun had 12 ammo and did 6000 dmg and would melt everything. Today its 4 and 600. Same with my sniper. Everything else is where I left it.

Surely matchmaking for circle of slaughters and joining a level 38 didnt just screw my weapons up. :/

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play yesterday, and then log in today and find your weapons are.. nerfed? Like I'm pretty sure my shotgun had 12 ammo and did 6000 dmg and would melt everything. Today its 4 and 600. Same with my sniper. Everything else is where I left it.

Surely matchmaking for circle of slaughters and joining a level 38 didnt just screw my weapons up. :/
Did you wait for hotfixes to be applied

Always wait for hotfixes to be applied

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
They fucked up with Ava, really one of the worst characters I've ever seen. The quest that she sends the VH to retrieve her stuff is so bad. Awful dialog.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Played for about 3 hours last night for the first time... and the gunplay feels so flimsy and unsatisfying.

Does it get better the more weapons are unlocked? I know it's early but so far every single gun is a chore to use, not making a good first impression.

Love the new movement, the visuals look awesome, playing as Zane and enjoying his skills.

The honour is obnoxious, but I knew exactly what I was getting into.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Played for about 3 hours last night for the first time... and the gunplay feels so flimsy and unsatisfying.

Does it get better the more weapons are unlocked? I know it's early but so far every single gun is a chore to use, not making a good first impression.

Love the new movement, the visuals look awesome, playing as Zane and enjoying his skills.

Don't know what to say. The guns all feel better to use than they ever did in past Borderlands games. Of course, the legendary guns have a better feel than regular green/blue/purple weapons thanks to their uniqueness.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Don't know what to say. The guns all feel better to use than they ever did in past Borderlands games. Of course, the legendary guns have a better feel than regular green/blue/purple weapons thanks to their uniqueness.
I think in terms of standard guns any Dahl or Hyperion SMG probably feel the best to use.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The bar wasn't very high in that regard, at least imo. Shooting definitely feels better here, but next to games like Destiny, The Division 2, Doom... it just feels flimsy and lacking to me.

I really like the surrounding systems to I hope I just get used to it or guns I find later feel better for me.

Last edited:

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can't help but feel disappointed about how the DLC guns drop in such high quantity(compared to the "vanilla" guns) in their respective campaign. I lost count of how many Anarchys, Seeryl Killurs, Flame Diddles, Insiders and Oldridians I got while doing the new DLC while getting barely anything else. Make it not as interesting to replay... it would be so much better if they would simply add these guns to the general loot drops of the whole game instead of doing "hey, let's make sure 80% of the loot you'll get in the new DLC be the same 5 guns."

Also, where are my new weapons skins? 2 DLCs without that kinda sucks. They give us room decorations and echo device skins, but who really care about those honestly when you can only hang 3 decorations in your room and barely see your echo device anyway.

Last edited:

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Did Gibbed ever get a BL3 release? Want to try out the other characters but dont want to go through the story another 6 times

bread

Nov 17, 2018
After not putting much time into the PS4 release I'm dumping a lot of hours into this on PC now and having a wonderful time with Moze! The marriage DLC was some of the best Borderlands content I've ever personally played.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good god this game can be annoying when it crashes. Round 3 for the arena thingy and it hard locks the console. Jesus. I have to play the performance mode on 1X because the res mode is so slow. Also, texture loading still a massive issue in 2020? As much as I love playing BL3 at the moment (Fills time!) it still feels like a rushed game, despite it taking damn years to appear.

Oct 27, 2017
Good god this game can be annoying when it crashes. Round 3 for the arena thingy and it hard locks the console. Jesus. I have to play the performance mode on 1X because the res mode is so slow. Also, texture loading still a massive issue in 2020? As much as I love playing BL3 at the moment (Fills time!) it still feels like a rushed game, despite it taking damn years to appear.
It's very frustrating and it only happens on my 1X, never on my plain old Xbox One. And this is the only game that I play where the crashes happen

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here are the notes for the hotfix:

The Door Busters mini event ends at 9:00 AM PST today.

We also are excited to start two new events: Slot Machine Mania and Trials Take-All! They'll go live with the hotfix today!

Slot Machine Mania pays out big time! There's an increased chance to win Legendary gear from Slot Machines, and for grenades to spawn (because who doesn't like a little risk?). There's still a chance for other loot to drop, but the rate has been reduced so you can win Legendaries (and take damage)!

Trials Take-All boosts the rewards awarded during the Proving Ground Trials. Bosses will have a 100% chance to drop loot from their pools during the event.

• Activate Slot Machine Mania mini-event until 9:00 AM PT on April 9
  • Activate Trials Take-All mini-event until 9:00 AM PT on April 9
  • Adjusted the Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge Artifact to do +90% damage and updated the item description to show the correct value
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren's Stone class mod was sometimes increasing damage taken, instead of decreasing damage taken
ADJUSTMENTS FOR MOZE, THE GUNNER:
We have been taking a closer at Moze the last few weeks. Here at the first set of hotfixes based on those investigations, primarily focused on improving her survivability. We will be further addressing some areas we identified as trouble spots for her in the future.

• Reduced the cooldown time for Iron Bear
  • Increased the amount of fuel for Iron Bear
  • Increased the bonus on "Behind the Iron Curtain" skill
  • Increased the bonus on "Security Bear" skill
  • Increased the bonus on "Experimental Munitions" skill
WEAPON BALANCE:
Damned

• Increased weapon damage
Hyperion Weapon Shields

• Increased the amount of damage weapon shields absorb
The Lob

• Increased Fire Rate
  • Reduced projectiles from 3 to 1
Tiggs Boom

• Increased damage from the Starfall meteors
Moonfire

• Increased Critical Damage Bonus
Good Juju

• Non-critical hits now increase Critical Damage Bonus by 20%. This bonus stacks 25 times and is removed upon manual reload.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lol, they're nerfing Lob.

Should still be good
If the increased firerate is as ridiculous as the previous buffs, it could be just as powerful even with a single projectile. :P

Curious to see the changes to Moze though, she's really not as strong as my Amara in Mayhem 4, both in damage and survivability.

And finally, my 3-4k eridiums will finally be useful with this slot machines mini-event.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
A decent amount of games have issues with texture loading because of these slow ass hard drives.
Lol, they're nerfing Lob.

Should still be good
It was a mistake to make it shoot 3 projectiles on top of everything else

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I think even 1 projectile with a higher fire rate, will still be very good, I only have a level 57 corrosive lob but it's been great against the enemies in dlc2

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Those are some good Moze buffs, but still the problem remains. The whole getting in and out of Iron Bear takes too long, halts the flow of combat. I love the idea of walking around in a big Mech but the execution is clunky, also kinda dislike the whole transition of the animation the black screen takes me out of the action. Wish it was more seamless and quicker.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there a better class mod + artifact combo for Moze than Bloodletter + Deathless? I'd love to try something else but the extra 100% shield and shield healing is too nice to give up.

The only other class mod that seems good is Blast Master if you end up using the Capstone skills of the green and blue trees. With big magazine guns, this could end up in a lot of explosive damage I guess, but then the Deathless artifact become not as useful and the only other artifact I could see worth using is the new one from the latest DLC.

Those are some good Moze buffs, but still the problem remains. The whole getting in and out of Iron Bear takes too long, halts the flow of combat. I love the idea of walking around in a big Mech but the execution is clunky, also kinda dislike the whole transition of the animation the black screen takes me out of the action. Wish it was more seamless and quicker.

Quick tip : You get faster in Iron Bear while doing it in midair. Why? The lack of animation I guess, I usually jump right before entering Iron Bear.

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017

I've been a fan of the Borderlands series so I don't mind the gunplay in general, but I started out as Zane for a few hours and wasn't having a great time.
Then I restarted as FL4K and managed to get some much more enjoyable guns early on that made the whole game feel better (nothing to do with the class, just better drops).
But then a few hours later and the only decently powerful guns I have aren't the most fun to use again.

I'm not super deep into the game, but I feel like my enjoyment of the game is much more dependent on what guns you get than the previous games, either that or there are just more guns I don't like compared to the other games.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Been playing this with my 2 friends that I played BL2 with way back when. It's a really good time, but I gotta say they really dropped the ball with the story this time around. Now, BL2 definitely didn't have the best writing, but there was definitely some heart behind the story and Handsome Jack was a really compelling antagonist. The Calypso Twins, on the other hand, are basically a complete joke and a super disappointing follow-up to Handsome Jack. The story itself is chock-full of aggravating humor and lame characters. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if it weren't for the fact that the story is really shoved down your throat this time around, more so than BL2.

Also, as a huge fan of Tales from the Borderlands (seriously, go play that if you haven't), what they've done to the characters from TftB in this game so far is a complete abomination. Rhys and especially Vaughn feel like entirely different characters compared to TftB.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a fan of the Borderlands series so I don't mind the gunplay in general, but I started out as Zane for a few hours and wasn't having a great time.
Then I restarted as FL4K and managed to get some much more enjoyable guns early on that made the whole game feel better (nothing to do with the class, just better drops).
But then a few hours later and the only decently powerful guns I have aren't the most fun to use again.

I'm not super deep into the game, but I feel like my enjoyment of the game is much more dependent on what guns you get than the previous games, either that or there are just more guns I don't like compared to the other games.
This is exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Made some more progress and found a couple of guns I enjoyed, but had to leave them behind quite quickly and I'm stuck using guns that don't feel great. The combat encounters I'm playing with them I'm not enjoying, which feels like I'm missing out due to rng.

This doesn't usually feel as pronounced in loot games, even if it has happened in others to an extent.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a better class mod + artifact combo for Moze than Bloodletter + Deathless? I'd love to try something else but the extra 100% shield and shield healing is too nice to give up.

The only other class mod that seems good is Blast Master if you end up using the Capstone skills of the green and blue trees. With big magazine guns, this could end up in a lot of explosive damage I guess, but then the Deathless artifact become not as useful and the only other artifact I could see worth using is the new one from the latest DLC.

Yep, I'm using blast master + DLC artifact. Havent played since today's fix for it. But it was shredding mayhem 4, with all the iron bear birds recently you might be able to use roaring bear class mod

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
So just completed the whole Maliwan arc, how much longer until I get that 4th weapon slot?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Agreed. Also a lot of her anointment buffs require that sort of stuff.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well the Lob is just as strong as it was before, you can click 3 times almost as fast as it used to launch the 3 "balls" prior to the hotfix.
Yep, I'm using blast master + DLC artifact. Havent played since today's fix for it. But it was shredding mayhem 4, with all the iron bear birds recently you might be able to use roaring bear class mod

What guns are you using? I use Vladof ARs, but while they shoot pretty damn fast and never need to be reloaded(which would be great for Blast Master), they don't enough damage in Mayhem 4. :(

Agreed. Also a lot of her anointment buffs require that sort of stuff.

If you use the Bottomless mags skills for ammo regen, you can use those "On Action Skill End, next 2 magazines have 50% additional elemental damage" anointments to last nearly forever, since you rarely have to reload. So, no need to use Iron Bear constantly for the buffs, only when really necessary.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Well the Lob is just as strong as it was before, you can click 3 times almost as fast as it used to launch the 3 "balls" prior to the hotfix.

What guns are you using? I use Vladof ARs, but while they shoot pretty damn fast and never need to be reloaded(which would be great for Blast Master), they don't enough damage in Mayhem 4. :(

If you use the Bottomless mags skills for ammo regen, you can use those "On Action Skill End, next 2 magazines have 50% additional elemental damage" anointments to last nearly forever, since you rarely have to reload. So, no need to use Iron Bear constantly for the buffs, only when really necessary.
Yeah but 50% damage isn't as much as the 125% that some of her IB stuff provides

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck

Is anyone else getting a shit-ton of crashes? I'm literally trying to do one of the trials and it keeps shutting down

amon37

Oct 27, 2017

Fire/shock Kyb's worth, x12 fire/shock insider shotgun, corrosive lob, still have a level 50 radiation mirv hex. I wish I had a one of those super rare cloning maddening trackers.

I need to go back to handsome jackpot and get another shock craps.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there a better way to farm Deathless than killing the Phoenix? It's a really annoying enemy to fight, just standing there, waiting for it to slowly revive TWICE. Not to mention its immunity to fire, when most of my guns have anointments with additional fire damage. And then there's the fact that it only drop it like once every 10+ kills or something.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I don't like all the magnitude anointments. There is usually a clear winner for each build. I would rather have the legendary class mod effects be anointments. You could put the more powerful ones on shield or nade mods and have the weapon ones always be active.

At least they are not as bad as all the worthless artifacts.