• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

View: https://x.com/gematsu/status/1697221986471068114?s=46&t=j6ft08eV9pYSLmciuA3kpw

MSRP: $59.99
Only supports 2 Player Coop (Local or Online)

Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switchcontent includes:

• Borderlands 3 base game
  • "Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot"
  • "Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright & Hammerlock"
  • "Bounty of Blood"
  • "Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck"
  • "Designer's Cut"
  • "Director's Cut"
  • Over 30 cosmetic items

View: https://x.com/gematsu/status/1697220753689637120?s=46&t=j6ft08eV9pYSLmciuA3kpw

MSRP:$149.99 (Launch Discount of $59.99 Available, $30 price if you already own content from Bundle)

Upgrade Info
If you already own one or more Borderlands titles:

• Xbox – If you already own a digital copy of any Borderlands game within the Borderlands Collection: Pandora's Box on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One and want to complete your collection, the Microsoft Store automatically entitles you to a special $30 price on this bundle.
  • Steam – If you already own a digital copy of any Borderlands game within the Borderlands Collection: Pandora's Box on Steam, you'll only pay for the content you don't already own. This will be reflected on the Steam Store page for Borderlands Collection: Pandora's Box.
  • PlayStation – If you already own a digital or physical copy of Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for PlayStation 4, or a digital or physical copy of Borderlands 3 on PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4, and want to complete your collection, you can access a special $30 upgrade offer on Borderlands Collection: Pandora's Box by launching one of these titles and following the in-game instructions.

Game List
Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Tales from the Borderlands, Borderlands 3, and New Tales from the Borderlands.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
$150 list price got me like

omg-laughing.gif

I'm honestly surprised they didn't save the announcement for 3 on Switch for a Direct, especially with how long we've known that it's been in the works.

Capping multi-player to 2 players will annoy some folks, but something was going to need to give with the hardware they're working with.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
All of those, except maybe New Tales, you can get for under $20, regularly...

"While it will normally be priced at $149.99, it will be available at a limited time launch discount price of $59.99."

That should be the normal price if they can do a launch discount that huge.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No. Just a bundle for consoles and a new port for switch
Oh whack I thought I was gonna be able to get native PS5 versions of all the games. I already own all these so this is nothing for me. $60/$30 is a good value for people who own none/one of them, though. Not sure about that $150, though...

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Anyone think this'll be using Switch Denuvo? Gearbox/2K seem like the type to be keen to try it.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
So, wait, I just want to see if I understand how the collection upgrade works:

If you own any title that's in it, even if it's just one of them (at least on XBox), you can get the entire collection for 30 bucks?

That is actually pretty good depending on how many you already own.

Last edited:

CutieYuri

Oct 7, 2022
The Handsome Collection was previously part of a PS+ Essential giveaway some years back, I wonder if those who claimed it would be able allowed to claim the special price from that license? 🤔

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
So, wait, I just want to see if I understand how the collection upgrade works:

If you own any title that's in it, even if it's just one of them (at least on Steam and XBox), you can get the entire collection for 30 bucks?

That is actually pretty good depending on how many you already own.
It sounds like Steam will work as a "Complete your collection" style bundle, where you just pay for what you're missing, so may well end up being even less depending on what you already own.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
only game i dont have is the new tales of borderlands
and i plan to keep it that way

but knowing gearbox it might be cheaper to get this bundle than just the second SP for BL3 that never goes into freaking sale

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Borderlands 2 was practically unplayable on Switch for me (one of the worst Switch purchases I ever made). I can't imagine how badly BL3 will run on it. Oof.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they fix the constant crash on xbox series of borderlands 3 , and i hope it run well on the switch

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
The Pandora's box thing doesn't include all of the dlc right? I own zero of the games but can buy new tales for $10 on Xbox and get the rest for $30 but if they aren't the fully complete versions it still seems over priced. I'd never play them all anyway so it's a waste regardless but it just seems extra dickish to not include all of the dlc and season pass stuff.

Edit: guess it does include everything per the article. I should have read the whole thing first. $40 is kind of tempting now if I had someone to co-op it all with…

Pynchon

Feb 24, 2021
The Pandora's box thing doesn't include all of the dlc right? I own zero of the games but can buy new tales for $10 on Xbox and get the rest for $30 but if they aren't the fully complete versions it still seems over priced. I'd never play them all anyway so it's a waste regardless but it just seems extra dickish to not include all of the dlc and season pass stuff.
All dlc are included for all games, they confirmed via Twitter.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
I only own The Handsome Collection so the 30 bucks upgrade seems like good deal to me.

But those games are such time sink and this is the last thing that I need right now.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
All dlc are included for all games, they confirmed via Twitter.
This might be enough to make me jump in.

Was hoping for some improvements for BL1 tho. Can be minor, but just something.

I just saw it included Tales of BL....huh. I dont have any of these games. $30 for all this looking more like a good deal.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
So, Nintendo gets BL3 for $60 and MS and Sony get that plus Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Tales from the Borderlands, and New Tales from the Borderlands for the same price?, is that correct?.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Wait so if I get the handsome collection on Xbox right now for $10… I can get the rest for $30 as an upgrade?

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I think the 30 FPS was a major turn off for me after playing them before on PS4 with 60. It's hard to go back. Game pretty much became a drink coaster after that.

Ah fair enough. I hope you never played the Vita version of BL2 if the 30fps on the switch port bothered you :p

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
The 30 dollar upgrade could've been worth it if it included Wonderlands.

Otherwise, I feel like I already bought all the Borderlands game at less than $30 in total on both PS and Steam lol

150 is absurd and probably a list price that will get discounted by a huge amount pretty soon to entice people.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Done with this franchise after Wonderlands MP and cross-play stayed broken on EGS for so long (keep selling your games to Epic, you don't need my fuckin money lmao) but Borderlands 3 on Switch is an interesting prospect and I'd love to know what that looks like.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Switch has all the bundle contents except Borderlands 3, which it is getting soon. I suspect the bundle will also be rolled out on Switch eventually.

Pynchon

Feb 24, 2021
So, Nintendo gets BL3 for $60 and MS and Sony get that plus Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Tales from the Borderlands, and New Tales from the Borderlands for the same price?, is that correct?.
Yeah, pretty much. To be fair, Borderlands games get heavily discounted surprisingly quickly, so I would say that it's a matter of waiting a few months until the Pandora Collection also comes to Switch for the same price.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
The 30 dollar upgrade could've been worth it if it included Wonderlands.

yeah id bite if it had wonderlands since i dont have that one. but just for NTFTB (and i guess the first too since i dont have a new gen version but already beaten the game) and SP2 of BL3? yeah thats a no from me doc

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Yeah, pretty much. To be fair, Borderlands games get heavily discounted surprisingly quickly, so I would say that it's a matter of waiting a few months until the Pandora Collection also comes to Switch for the same price.
I thought the Pandora collection cost 150$ unless you own one of the games.

Edit: I missed the launch discount

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I like Borderlands 3 and I've played a LOT of Borderlands 3 across multiple platforms. I also love my Switch. But there's no way this is gonna run well and look good on Switch. They are going to make some major concessions.