• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Are you getting new ps5 versions for BL 1 2 Pre sequel? I doubt there's anything they can do to those ports by now to entice me double dipping if I already own the handsome collection

Oct 28, 2017
I got the Legendary collection, I think it's called, which is the original remastered along with 2 and the presequel and all dlc. I've played Tales and the sequel looks crap so I guess this new collection isn't for me even at $30 when all I want is BL3. It often goes on sale for about 10 bucks and I bet even the version that has the DLC is less than 30.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
They should've remade Borderlands 1 - pre-sequel in the BL 3 engine, then I might've been interested. BL 3 feels so much better to play than the others it's almost criminal. Finally the shooting actually felt good in a Borderlands game.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I can't believe we get borderlands 3 on switch but SE couldn't bother releasing physical versions of kh1.5+2.5

Anyways - I got all of the games on pc and playing through enhanced GOTY on steam now

I should try out the games on switch - I have 1, 2 and presequel on there already lol

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's a big package but $150??? I feel like you can get everything included in this for less if you were to just buy it yourself.

Interested in seeing how this is going to look on the Switch though.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I only own the Handsome collection from years and years ago on PS4 so this seems like a great deal to me. I get the original, Tales and the Ultimate version of 3 for only $30? Sold.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be very interested to see how well they managed to port it to Switch.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
I'll be interested to see how the Switch port of BL3 runs. I'm not in the market for it, but I'd like to see how the old Tegra X1 stacks up to the Ryzen 6800u experience. Mostly just as a real-life example of how far ultraportable SOCs have come in (checks calendar) 7-ish years?

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Really hope it has gyro on Switch.

I'm guessing it will, but BL is the only Switch game where I turned it off. I just found using aim assist a much better experience than gyro. I'd often ADS and have trouble tracking and shooting enemies, especially flying enemies. With aim assist I found it a lot snappier, especially in portable mode

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
$30 upgrade will be an option for me. Not bad. Never got BL1 remastered or either of the Tales games on my Xbox. I beat BL1 and Tales 1 on Steam when I last had a gaming PC, though.

Not in any hurry but good to know for the future.

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
Woah, great bundle for 30 bucks.
Does B3 have all DLC included? That would be worth it for me who only has the first Season Pass.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
It's definitely both of these things. I know Ubisoft loves doing the same thing as well. Their bundles never reduce in price but will get slapped on with a big "70-90% off" when sales roll around.

the complete edition of ass creed valhalla in my country is like 600-700 reais but every sale is up to 80% off or something. really irks me that companies keep doing that just for the off chance of some poor distracted fellow ruining half of their paycheck paying the "right" price by accident

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Is this game worth playing for the single player experience? I somewhat enjoyed 1 (many years ago) but never played the others.
Yes, especially with the DLCs. Borderlands 3 as an entire package isn't as good as 2 but the gunplay is leaps and bounds better than what came before it so that alone should warrant a playthrough.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
1. Put it on your Steam wishlist
2. Wait about a year and a half
3. Buy the whole collection for like $7 on a Steam sale

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
They list this at $150 so they can have never ending sales like they will always do with Borderlands games. It gets old browsing store sales on various platforms and seeing Borderlands at half off during nearly any given sale. Free marketing for them I guess.

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
This is huge! B3 for switch let's go. Switch is approaching critical mass lol, it is becoming impossible to ignore:).

Me and SO loved coop for B2.
This is a compete edition with all the DLC and special content like B2 right?

EDIT: Ultimate edition, yea this answer my question:)…

Rigby-Nick

Aug 5, 2022
I like Borderlands 3 and I've played a LOT of Borderlands 3 across multiple platforms. I also love my Switch. But there's no way this is gonna run well and look good on Switch. They are going to make some major concessions.
I own the Xbox One version and remember the part where you turn on a laser beam and it turns into a sideshow framerate wise. I imagine the Switch will just explode lol.

May 7, 2020
Oh hell yes. Very happy about this after hearing time after time that they had no plans to bring it to Switch.

Had a shred of hope when it was finally rated for Switch but heard nothing after that. As lame as the story was the game is still quite fun, and I haven't played any of the expansions yet so this makes me happy.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
I like Borderlands 3 and I've played a LOT of Borderlands 3 across multiple platforms. I also love my Switch. But there's no way this is gonna run well and look good on Switch. They are going to make some major concessions.
I hope the Borderlands games get patches on the next Switch.

I wonder if BL3 will have crossplay like the other platforms have? Limited to 2 player multi only makes me think it may not

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I played BL1,2, and Presequel all for the 1st time on Switch and had a blast.
If performance is good, I'll pick this up.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I saw it pointed out elsewhere that the Pandora's Box collection's "launch price" is a PSN+ "perk?" I checked myself, as I'm not a PSN+ subscriber and it certainly does tell me it's 150 dollars, NOT 60 dollars (didn't change in cart, either).

I checked on Xbox in an inPrivate window and it was 60 dollars there (30 when I was logged into my account).

I dunno know if I want to spend money on this. I've bought Borderlands 1&2 multiple times already, and I don't care one bit for Pre-sequel or the Telltale game and its sequel.

Apr 12, 2021
AU$45.39

I already have the first two games so I am basically paying for Borderlands 2 DLC (which has only been on sale once) and for Borderlands 3 + all DLC.

I think I'm sold on it.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I own the wrong version of Borderlands 1 on Xbox. I do not qualify for the additional discount, despite definitely owning the original game.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
BL3 ran like shit when it released on PS4/One and due to shortly followed next-gen versions no one bat an eye. Can't imagine a halfway decent Switch port.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I saw it pointed out elsewhere that the Pandora's Box collection's "launch price" is a PSN+ "perk?" I checked myself, as I'm not a PSN+ subscriber and it certainly does tell me it's 150 dollars, NOT 60 dollars (didn't change in cart, either).

I checked on Xbox in an inPrivate window and it was 60 dollars there (30 when I was logged into my account).

I dunno know if I want to spend money on this. I've bought Borderlands 1&2 multiple times already, and I don't care one bit for Pre-sequel or the Telltale game and its sequel.

I guess I own the wrong version of Borderlands 1 on Xbox. I do not qualify for the additional discount, despite definitely owning the original game.
Did yall try from inside a Borderlands game?

I'm on PS5, I have BL3, but didnt have it installed.

I had to wait until it completely installed to get the in game store link to work.

Wait, this is also about the $60 price, not the $30 price. Yeah, it doesn't show $60 for me either and I have Plus.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Did yall try from inside a Borderlands game?

I'm on PS5, I have BL3, but didnt have it installed.

I had to wait until it completely installed to get the in game store link to work.

Wait, this is also about the $60 price, not the $30 price. Yeah, it doesn't show $60 for me either and I have Plus.
No, I don't have any Borderlands game on Playstation. It's not showing for 60 for you? The person who showed this screenshot they took.
EEpsvfg.png

screenshot grabbed from poster here... (in the comments)

I wouldn't have to do it using the in-game store link for Xbox either. It just shows for me as 30 in a browser.
Ifht8Ud.jpg

It also shows as 59.99 on Xbox in an inPrivate window, so not logged into my account.

I wonder if this is just a temporary thing on Playstation, requiring PSN+ for the "launch price."

Another strange bit is it says the "sale" on Xbox will end in 5 days, where the screenshot for the PSN version seems to say it'll go on until 15SEPT.

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
Do you own the Xbox One version, or the Xbox 360 one? If the latter, that would likely be the reason:

Xbox – If you already own a digital copy of any Borderlands game within the Borderlands Collection: Pandora's Box on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One and want to complete your collection, the Microsoft Store automatically entitles you to a special $30 price on this bundle.

Pynchon

Feb 24, 2021
Yes, it seems there is definitely a problem with the PlayStation version. Right now I'm unable to ask for the $30 price even though I have installed the Handsome collection.

CutieYuri

Oct 7, 2022
On Steam, I already own everything Borderlands related, the only exception is New Tales from the Borderlands. Steam discounts it all the way down to $4 at 90% off!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
No, I don't have any Borderlands game on Playstation. It's not showing for 60 for you? The person who showed this screenshot they took.
EEpsvfg.png

screenshot grabbed from poster here... (in the comments)

I wouldn't have to do it using the in-game store link for Xbox either. It just shows for me as 30 in a browser.
Ifht8Ud.jpg

It also shows as 59.99 on Xbox in an inPrivate window, so not logged into my account.

I wonder if this is just a temporary thing on Playstation, requiring PSN+ for the "launch price."

Another strange bit is it says the "sale" on Xbox will end in 5 days, where the screenshot for the PSN version seems to say it'll go on until 15SEPT.

Yes, it seems there is definitely a problem with the PlayStation version. Right now I'm unable to ask for the $30 price even though I have installed the Handsome collection.
Yeah, its probably the usual PlayStation/PSN weirdness. It might be fixed sometime today.

I tried to see if it would show for me yesterday but I fell asleep waiting for my copy of BL3 to install.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
still 150 reais here even with all the discounts and the only game i dont have is new tales lmao. thanks but no thanks

full package 800+ reais. just stop releasing games in brazil already

CutieYuri

Oct 7, 2022
Can confirm that the $30 offer is there for me in Handsome Collection. If you were someone like me who managed to claim Handsome Collection when it was one of the games that month for PS+ Essential, you can get the entire Borderlands on PS for $30 through HC PS+ claim.

Pheonix Will

Sep 6, 2021
Thanks to this I discovered the legendary collection is on sale for £8 on the switch and that solves my plane gaming time.