• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
ekSOf4Y.jpg

• GENERAL INFORMATION

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is a Japanese manga and anime series written by Ukyō Kodachi and illustrated by Mikio Ikemoto and the sequel to Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto. Kishimoto is credited as story supervisor. As the title suggests, the story follows Naruto Uzumaki's son Boruto, first seen in 2015's Boruto: Naruto the movie. The anime television series adaptation started airing on TV Tokyo on Wednesday April 5, 2017 at 5:55pm Japanese time. Crunchyroll will air the series subbed as they did with Naruto Shippuden. Viz Media have licensed the series for home video release.

• Links said:

Here's where I'm hoping we'll now be able to discuss the anime. Manga talk is of course welcome too, but please utilise spoiler tags and warnings.

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we should put spoiler warnings for the manga. I'd imagine more folks follow the anime anyway. I and a few others follow the manga too.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Man Naruto thread towards the end of the manga was legendary going to miss that.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto has too much baggage from the Boruto's Dad for it to really blow up.

Maybe if it had some bomb ass arcs back to back, it'd get people talking and hyped and word of mouth would spread, leading to increased popularity and so on and so forth, but even that doesn't seem very likely.

I'm enjoying it for what it is now though.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I still by my claim that Sadara should have been MC. I know we don't want another going to be Hokage story, but that;s just my two cents.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Alright just finished the episode.

Stellar fight by Sarada, she used the copy mechanic and genjutsu and it was badass, loved that she finished it with an explosive tag too,
Animation was solid and a couple of really stand out moments. But seriously fucking genjustu that isn't massively broken is always nice to see.

Also told ya'll chojuro ain't no punk, he wasn't gonna kill those kids and ended up clowning them no problem with a broken sword.

Suigetsu needs to do something, I wanna see him interact with chojuro at least.

tumblr_oyeagks1Nn1vcik4to1_500.gif

tumblr_oyeagks1Nn1vcik4to2_r1_400.gif

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
Been meaning to start watching this but was a bit off out by the ending of the main Shippuden series. How's this one been progressing so far? Just in terms of story quality?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
glad to see a new thread's up! I need to catch up on the last few episodes

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
So, when the girl Sarada's fighting mentions her father, is that an episode I forgot about or just something that occurred between the two series that ain't been seen?

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode 30. Man, Sarada ---------------------> Boruto. Seriously, she should've been the star of this show not Boringto.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Sarada could have been a bit stronger in her moments.

But otherwise I did enjoy the brief Suigetsu moment.

Bro wat.

This was an AWESOME showing for Sadara. She was great in that fight.

I enjoyed that fight so much, only if it was because it was probably the most early Naruto reminiscent fight we've had thus far.

yado

Oct 25, 2017
Sarada fight was kind of meh. Hopefully the writers use it a stepping stone for her capabilities.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of getting into Boruto. How is it so far?

Think I ended Naruto at the Pain fight.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I'm I the only one who dislikes Naruto's design should have kept the hair longer. It also looks as if he is balding.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
P_M, like Uchiha Madara, will attack our community time and time again

such is the curse of hatred

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm I the only one who dislikes Naruto's design should have kept the hair longer. It also looks as if he is balding.
I like his hair. Didn't like it at first but it grew on me.

Sasuke's hair is the one I dislike. Sasuke's older design in general looks so flat to me compared to his other designs.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the animation/art was particularly good but not particularly bad either.

The actual events of the fight were cool.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I said particularly good. Most of it was just normal good, and there was some shabby stuff as well and some really good stuff. This show always does the special effects well. Overall I wouldn't say it was that impressive. I don't find that first gif to be perfect with that stiff looking flip jump at the end.

The 2 particularly well animated fight scenes that stick out are Nue vs Boruto and Sakura vs Shin.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I actually thought that Sadara should have appeared more tired throughout the fight. It seemed weird to me that she in the shape that she for so long.

This is why I wonder why that one poster says "Sadara could have fight better". Like wat.

Just a few episodes ago Sadara nearly fainted from having her Sharingan on for a brief amount of time. I would think that she would at least have to stagger its use instead of having it on the whole time throughout the fight. I think these things could have made the fight more intense.

Though after the fight, I considered that Sadara has Sakura's chakra control, so it seems better to me when I look at it as a representation of that.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So like.... They're still not even Genin right
the power scaling theyre at is easily chunin, I mean genjustsu and a whole slew of elements, its kinda crazy but you also don't want a bunch of useless kids with no techs.
I said particularly good. Most of it was just normal good, and there was some shabby stuff as well and some really good stuff. This show always does the special effects well. Overall I wouldn't say it was that impressive. I don't find that first gif to be perfect with that stiff looking flip jump at the end.

The 2 particularly well animated fight scenes that stick out are Nue vs Boruto and Sakura vs Shin.
Yeah but crazy ass fights like those are really rare, I think its to early to say if we'll get even one fight at those level per season.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think those were the only really impressive scenes. Boruto vs Hanabi was really good even if it was just a sparring session. I'm probably missing something else too.

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see nearly everyone made it. I'm hoping Psycho Mantis made it too. His discussions kept the thread alive.