Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New ERA *__*
Nice to see some familiar faces!

I'm thinking of making a Naruto community thread to talk about all things Naruto (Boruto chapters and episodes in this thread of course). Might be a fun thread to reminisce, post fan art, any upcoming stuff and of course argue ;)

Anyone got any clever OT titles?

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ayyyy I knew Psycho would show up lol, hmmm i like the though of Naruto thread dedicated to that stuff.

BTW Psycho did you like sarada gaiden?

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The manga Kishi wrote was pretty good: he kept it dramatic, I liked the idea behind it but the execution wasn't good. He didn't even detail what Sasuke did in his mission for instance, many contrivances were never explained either.
The anime adaptation was misleading with a lot of filler scenes that seemed to go against what the manga was doing. SP even cut out the Kage meeting lol The highlight was of course the Sakura vs Shin fight which was amazing and the fluffy scenes were animated well.

Pent

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving Suigetsu as Mitsuki's weird uncle in the anime lol. I hope he gets one of the swords back!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cool with Sarada's brains and Sharingan complimenting her natural giftedness and allowing her to take out a Chunin(?) level enemy in the way it did.

And Boruto fighting Kagura so he can inevitably TnJ him back to the light side is fine as long as he doesn't beat him solo or something (since Kagura is supposed to be strong enough to kill the other 6 if he wanted)

And Chojuro soloing those guys with ease makes sense.

But how did Iwabe beat one that easily? He seems at best on par with Boruto in terms of fighting ability based on their few sparring sessions we've seen and Boruto got slapped by Shizuma earlier when he did Boruto stream and almost died.

I loved the episode but Iwabe getting the jump on the guy with the paperbomb sword and wounding him so easily was the one thing that took me a bit out of the moment.

Hyped for next episode y'all

Oct 27, 2017
Damn the action this episode was really solid I was impressed. Also I'm glad that Boruto didn't actually beat a serious Kagura or Shizuma alone. Great episode, great action, good finish to the arc. My only problem is that they just have us a new opening with Kagura and the swordsmen and now the arc is over. Will the opening change again soon or?

Next week looks fun but I'm curious as to what major arc comes next.

Oct 25, 2017

I like how the characters are prone to some basic level mistakes still, like tripping on rocks. Also since they (Boruto) doesnt know any ninjutsu (beyond shadow clones) or the like its interesting that the characters facing him are struggling so much, even Kagura just swinging that sword around or not being powerful enough to get through the two kunai Boruto used. Boruto stream was hilarious.

Samehada being used though, Ive missed it. Though was that backstory always there for it?

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to the relaxed episode next week, tbh the character stuff is more interesting than the battles.

Enjoyed the trip to the mist land overall even if the whole "I accepted you for who you really are so you are my slave" thing didn't really make all that much sense.

yado

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to drop this show if the next arc isn't interesting.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I take it as Kagura's mental state at the time nerfing him. I assumed that before Boruto said "You can't beat me like this" or whatever it was.

I was so glad when Mitsuki jumped in. It's fun seeing him in action, and we actually got to see him hurt (though he was faking how much he was actually hurt)

The arc overall was pretty dang meh though.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Good episode and nice fight imo.

Yagura not being able to hurt Boruto makes sense if you ask me. It's not that he wasn't serious, the guy had some serious personality issues so he couldn't fight as always? At least that's my interpretation of the whole thing.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Great action this episode. Fight between boruto and kagura was already cool, but then the shizuma fight started and got reaaaally good. I love the team work between boruto and mitsuki. Mitsuki is such a cool guy.

Kagura turned out to be a lame pussy though. Disappointing. He should have dropped shizuma like 4 episodes ago already. Why would he still talk to him respectfully even though shizuma admitted that he just used him and everything was a lie.

I guess we get a few fillers now and the next arc will be becoming genin? Since the opening shows them with headbands a lot.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have a problem with Kagura staying on his side as long as he did, but I wish Kagura went against him before Shizuma was outted and was still acting at his most shrewd. I'd prefer if his outing wasn't a plot point at all.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still funny to say Burrito and Salad?

I stopped watching the anime shortly after Mitsuki joined. And the manga after they finished adapting the movie. Should get back to them.

I wonder what would Bin Laden think about Boruto.
Before that, I wonder what he thought of the shipping wars. As you all know, the backbone of all shonen anime are the shipping wars!

Last edited:

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Is it still funny to say Burrito and Salad?

I stopped watching the anime shortly after Mitsuki joined. And the manga after they finished adapting the movie. Should get back to them.

Before that, I wonder what he thought of the shipping wars. As you all know, the backbone of all shonen anime are the shipping wars!

Since he's evil I bet he would've chosen NaruSaku

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I liked seeing Mitsuki getting hurt, I feel like they lowkey nerfed him so Boruto could shine.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto needs someone with luck abilities. I need to some fights against BS power sets.

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode this week.

Also, we have some info from manga volume 4 which launched in Japan today. Interesting to note that Moegi
's family name is Kazamatsuri and she somehow knows Wood Release!

Oct 27, 2017
Great episode this week.

Also, we have some info from manga volume 4 which launched in Japan today. Interesting to note that Moegi
's family name is Kazamatsuri and she somehow knows Wood Release!

Wait what, MOEGI? Is this just a weird retcon to try to make her popular or is there an explanation for this? Should I recognize that surname?

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what, MOEGI? Is this just a weird retcon to try to make her popular or is there an explanation for this? Should I recognize that surname?

No, its called piss poor writing and not knowing the lore of the series. Don't worry this is expected of Ikemoto/Kodachi. So far they've:

- retconned Momoshiki's death because uber villain has to give MC uber power up as a genin
- drawn out a doujutsu out of their ass because MC must have one to be "cool"
- given genin and academy students elemental jutsu with no prior development.
- seem to have taken shinobi having nature affinities meaning they can do said elemental jutsus.
- retconned Ao's death with no valid reasoning
- retconned Moegi by giving a side characters sidekick the most sought after KKG with no precedent. They literally just read her name (sprout) and thought wouldn't it be nice if she had wood style lmao

This isn't even including the dumb shit SP have been doing, like Bee no longer having Samehada because they can't come up with any original ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 27, 2017
No, its called piss poor writing and not knowing the lore of the series. Don't worry this is expected of Ikemoto/Kodachi. So far they've:

- retconned Momoshiki's death because uber villain has to give MC uber power up as a genin
- drawn out a doujutsu out of their ass because MC must have one to be "cool"
- given genin and academy students elemental jutsu with no prior development.
- seem to have taken shinobi having nature affinities meaning they can do said elemental jutsus.
- retconned Ao's death with no valid reasoning
- retconned Moegi by giving a side characters sidekick the most sought after KKG with no precedent. They literally just read her name (sprout) and thought wouldn't it be nice if she had wood style lmao

This isn't even including the dumb shit SP have been doing, like Bee no longer having Samehada because they can't come up with any original ideas.

I appreciate the write up but I'm sorry to say that I don't agree that it's "piss poor" writing just because it's not flawless. I agree with some of your points but not what you're saying overall.

Also just my 2 cents but Ao survived for a reason clearly, to be used as a villain. It's not really any different from Obito or Anakin surviving their fatal injuries to be put back together as villains.

Whether you like that or not is your prerogative I'm not judgemental but it does seem to have a purpose and it certainly didn't stick out to me as egregiously unbelievable.

The only kids we've really seen do elemental jutsu are the prodigy children of the previous cast and are implied to have learned from them, and Iwabe

I'll agree it's dumb Moegi apparently has this (assuming it's true) and it's unlikely it'll have a good explanation but it's a kids cartoon that I like, I don't expect it to be perfect.

That's not to say other aren't allowed to hold it to certain standards it's up to you, but personally besides maybe how this Moegi stuff goes it'd be the first thing that's happened that I think stands out as legitimately bad

Also do you mind telling me where this information on Moegi comes from if it's not too much trouble?

Either way thanks for the thought out response

It just says she developed the ability as an adult, which could have been possible I guess.

I don't believe we've seen that surname before.

Okay neat thanks, where did this information come from?

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Naruto OT is up for Naruto talk :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/naruto-era-ot-believing-it-for-over-17-years.3916/#post-511539

Also just my 2 cents but Ao survived for a reason clearly, to be used as a villain.

Ao died in Kishi's writing alongside everyone in that HQ. It was a big moment in the manga as Ino and Shikamaru's father's died in that bijuu bomb. It was a valiant sacrifice by everyone in the HQ.

For Ikemoto/Kodachi to suddenly bring him back alive (which is impossible as the blast radius of a bijuu bomb is massive) is definitely pissing on Kishi's writing.

It's not really any different from Obito

Obito was not hit a bijuu bomb. Half his body was crushed under a rock. Thats the last we saw of him.

The only kids we've really seen do elemental jutsu are the prodigy children of the previous cast and are implied to have learned from them, and Iwabe

Its poor writing to give them elemental jutsu and just say its because they are prodigies. Its shallow and actually incorrect as none of the new gen match the top of the previous gen during the Chunin exams and yet they weren't all called as prodigies.

If you want to see real prodigies at a young age, you have ninja like Itachi, Kakashi or Minato.

I'll agree it's dumb Moegi apparently has this (assuming it's true) and it's unlikely it'll have a good explanation but it's a kids cartoon that I like, I don't expect it to be perfect.

Sure, but wood style is the most glorified element in the manga and has been glorified for years. To suddenly retcon it to Moegi just shows how ignorant and out of touch Ikemoto/Kodachi are with the Naruto universe.

Also do you mind telling me where this information on Moegi comes from if it's not too much trouble?

Boruto volume releases include character data. Volume 4 had this info.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Newest episode was good. Loved the Boruto/Miktsuki team up. Those two are really in sync. Was kind of eh on Kagura overall, hopefully he gets better. Next episode looks to be a breather but Orochimaru shows up so that could be interesting.

Code Artisan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hope we will see Hebiichigo again, she's my favorite character introduced in this arc.
latest

Oct 27, 2017
Naruto OT is up for Naruto talk :)

Ao died in Kishi's writing alongside everyone in that HQ. It was a big moment in the manga as Ino and Shikamaru's father's died in that bijuu bomb. It was a valiant sacrifice by everyone in the HQ.

For Ikemoto/Kodachi to suddenly bring him back alive (which is impossible as the blast radius of a bijuu bomb is massive) is definitely pissing on Kishi's writing.

You're right that a bijuu bomb is very different from being crushed by a rock but I personally wouldn't get too hung up on him being caught in the blast radius too bad that's standard television bs to me. Honestly not bothered by it at all it's nice to see him back as an antagonist if not unnecessary but Neji's death was kinda unnecessary too so that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Kishi chose Ikemoto because he's confident in his abilities and because he wanted Ikemoto to get his big break, so anything that happens as a result of that is ultimately on Kishi himself imo. He picked the guy no one made him.

Its poor writing to give them elemental jutsu and just say its because they are prodigies. Its shallow and actually incorrect as none of the new gen match the top of the previous gen during the Chunin exams and yet they weren't all called as prodigies.

If you want to see real prodigies at a young age, you have ninja like Itachi, Kakashi or Minato.

Well they aren't just prodigies, they're prodigies who were trained by their famous talented parents but also don't live in the same difficult era and conditions. Lots of talent and knowledge but very little experience or battle application which is the difference.

Is it necessary for them to be capable of that at this age? Probably not but it also doesn't ruin anything for me, they're just kinda stupidly talented oh well. No amount of arguing from me will change it and I still enjoy the show so might as well just sit back and enjoy the ride until I don't.

Sure, but wood style is the most glorified element in the manga and has been glorified for years. To suddenly retcon it to Moegi just shows how ignorant and out of touch Ikemoto/Kodachi are with the Naruto universe.

You aren't wrong this is supposed to be a Super weapon everybody wants and really from what we know so far it makes absolutely no sense that she should be capable of it, but about the ignorance part I disagree.

I think they're fully aware of the universe and the implications this retcon involves, they just want to do something with it at some point and so figured it was worth making the change anyway. Who knows though until it's actually brought up at some point if ever and what kind of explanation (or lack thereof) accompanying it.

Boruto volume releases include character data. Volume 4 had this info.

Cool, thank you!

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Naruto at around the Pain's arc (just stopped buying them), I skimmed through the ending/played the games though. I'm enjoying Boruto, although I'd have to say I enjoyed it because of the other characters that's not Boruto so far lol. I'm excited to see how Sarada will grow up to be like, and Mitsuki.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the writing is shit and awful but the last two episodes the animation was good and the fight was well choreographed. Just wish they'd hire better writers.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted kagura to stay a part of the plot. Hopefully he will return someday.

Chuckled at the shinobi bout plot aspect and how pure boruto is, best.

Inojin episode looks like it will be fun.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
This episode was pretty fun. I loved Boruto's response to Kagura's letter. "He make such a big deal out of everything"

Not even Boruto can try to understand his emotional problems.

Pent

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked this episode, too! Felt like one of the lighter transitional episodes they used to do after Naruto arcs.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
I'm coming in here to see some discussion about the latest episode and see ummarked spoiler talk about the manga. Yeah fuck this thread

Oct 27, 2017
I'm coming in here to see some discussion about the latest episode and see ummarked spoiler talk about the manga. Yeah fuck this thread

Sorry you got spoiled but it's not manga talk really, as far as I know it's some dumb retcon databook shit essentially and has no bearing on the story so far or for the foreseeable future.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Episode was fun. Inojin's idea was good. I kinda hope he somehow figured out a way to incorporate that strategy nonetheless.

Probably doesn't really matter anyway since they can have him draw whatever he wants however fast.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Nice episode.

Forgot to comment. I wonder if they are going to flesh out a little bit the supporting cast in the episodes that follow, and then we can finally see them graduating from the academy.

I kind of like Inojin more after today's episode.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Inojin's a little jerk, good people? made me lol when he lost his powers for a little while.

You can't be a dick in this verse and expect to strong. Unless you're an uchiha anyways.