• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Dragon King Palace is the same place Kawaki sends Naruto

to which if it is and Toneri is still there doing the Kawaki vs Boruto scene then Toneri would see Naruto in the same palace realm seconds after he was sealed in it

as the folklore states that "three days in the palace = 300 years in real time"

so I am amusing time skip Boruto is 2 years form now meaning if Toneri was still trapped in that palace during that time then literally just when he entered there Naruto would also appear there as well

lol they can be best buddies

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
This show is 1000 times better when there is forward moving momentum and things are happening. Give a brother the sauce already.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably one of the best episodes of the series so far... they changed the dialogues in the key scenes too, and the result is better than what we had in the movie.

I guess we'll see
the encounter between Sasuke and Kinshiki
in the next episode?
i got excited for a second but then i realized there's no way this would be better than the movie version...

hype deflated

Oct 25, 2017
I lowkey just wanna see the tournament fleshed out more and the capture the flag. The first test is incredibly meh to me. They should change that one

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i got excited for a second but then i realized there's no way this would be better than the movie version...

hype deflated

Betcha anything it just basically is the movie version, presented as a flashback. Some scenes in Episode 53 are basically identical to their counterparts in the movie, as far as I can tell.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Betcha anything it just basically is the movie version, presented as a flashback. Some scenes in Episode 53 are basically identical to their counterparts in the movie, as far as I can tell.
i'm more ok with that than having a worse version of it. the animation is cool af in the movie.

i dont think ive watched the anime since the end of the Nue/ Sumire(?)stuff, been waiting for them to catch up to the beginning of the manga lol

has the mitsuki side story been animated at all?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Boruto is moving timeslots and will no longer air on wednesday. It's going back to Naruto Shippuden's old timeslot on thursday.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that will make it a Noon/Evening show for me and watching Boruto with my breakfast is a huge part of why I'm so easy to please when watching it lol.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah, i watched that one too

was pretty good for sure. still think it's hilarious how much naruto and sasuke got nerfed though lol

You either Get a subseries where the new generation actually matters

Or you Get Narugod and Godsuke told from the heavens on high that they are the biggest coolest men, with all the coolest stuff and god let them be cool. And Gave them cool new god powers, so they can prove to parts unknown that they are infact , the coolest. ( Upon typying this, I realize this is the plot of DBS )

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm of the opinion that Naruto and Sasuke should be the absolute limit to how powerful the cast can become, in terms of raw power. The new generation may surpass them in specific ways (and should) but not equal their overwhelming power. Or to put it another way, their overall power by the end should be comparable to Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, but not on the level of Six Paths Sage Mode.

Set a ceiling for power, and then play with it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
but that wouldn't make sense

since Kaguya is afraid of the main branch even when she had all that power and was building an army to defend herself

the common belief instead would be that the Otsutsuki main clan are leagues ahead, especially if they knew everything happening on Earth and really didn't even care for it

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
but that wouldn't make sense

since Kaguya is afraid of the main branch even when she had all that power and was building an army to defend herself

the common belief instead would be that the Otsutsuki main clan are leagues ahead, especially if they knew everything happening on Earth and really didn't even care for it

See: Playing with it in specific ways.

Like how Boruto's Vanishing Rasengan could be used against Momoshiki.

Then again, they've had Sasuke explicitly state that Boruto could surpass his father so... :S

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
That would really surprise me.

Kaguya was god damn OP and it was just good strategy and luck that they've won that fight. Without the convenient seal from Hagamoro they would have died. Everyone.
I mean without the dimension shifting hax she wouldn't have been as hard to beat. Naruto was able to hold her off on his own a few times, and if they were able to 100% focus on the offensive an not have to worry about dimension shifts I don't think the fight would have been as hard.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
See: Playing with it in specific ways.

Like how Boruto's Vanishing Rasengan could be used against Momoshiki.

Then again, they've had Sasuke explicitly state that Boruto could surpass his father so... :S
I get what you are saying, rather it shouldn't be nerfing the Otsutsuki but making the plot well written on how the defeat the Otsutsuki beyond the power of friendship and big explosions that we saw in Part 2. Also retcon sealing abilities.

it can be done, heck they can make the Otsutsuki have some motive beyond just I am evil and from that they can find a solution, even make it grey territory.

Is momoshiki (with kinshiki absorbed) meant to be stronger than Kaguya?
I don't think so

they defeated the fused Momoshiki while a weaker incomplete Kaguya had to be sealed (I say weaker since she wasn't in her prime with all chakra)

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get what you are saying

rather it shouldn't be nerfing the Otsutsuki but making the plot well written on how the defeat the Otsutsuki beyond the power of friendship and big explosions that we saw in Part 2

also retcon sealing abilities

it can be done, heck they can make the Otsutsuki have some motive beyond just I am evil and from that they can find a solution, even make it grey territory

I don't think the Otsutsuki should be nerfed. That being said, I don't want to see them be too high end and become another Madara.

I guess I just don't want to see the scaling of power levels get insanely broken ala Dragon Ball Super.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the Otsutsuki should be nerfed. That being said, I don't want to see them be too high end and become another Madara.

I guess I just don't want to see the scaling of power levels get insanely broken ala Dragon Ball Super.
it all counts on how good the writers are

if your limited then you get a Part 2 Naruto

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it all counts on how good the writers are

if your limited then you get a Part 2 Naruto

One thing that Team 7 has going for them in the new series is they have a pretty wide range of abilities. Boruto is in some ways the opposite of Naruto, because outside of his few signature techniques, his abilities don't just include variations on Shadow Clones, Rasengens, and Sage Mode. In the anime alone we've seen him do: Shadow Clones, basics of Gentle Fist, the Lightning Triple, Wind Release, the Boruto Stream... Then there's Boruto's Dojutsu and whatever abilities that offers.

Kodachi, Ikemoto, and Kishimoto have a lot to work with.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I hope mitsuki isn't relegated to Sakura tier status

I love his abilities and design
Yeah, I'm kinda of worried about him too. He just seems pushed to the background now that Sarada has more of a presence on the show. She interacts more with Boruto then Mitsuki now and their interactions are just a boring retread of the fighting their dads did, except their not getting better trying to out do each other, its just Sarada nagging Boruto all the time.

It would suck if Mitsuki got pushed aside so they can focus on Uzumaki/Uchiha drama/relationship stuff. There's just so much we don't know about Mitsuki, it makes him more mysterious and more interesting. Plus there's the fact that he's like the most powerful member on the team.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Join us in watching YGO VRAINS!!!!!
saw the first two episodes awhile back

if it got better then I might
One thing that Team 7 has going for them in the new series is they have a pretty wide range of abilities. Boruto is in some ways the opposite of Naruto, because outside of his few signature techniques, his abilities don't just include variations on Shadow Clones, Rasengens, and Sage Mode. In the anime alone we've seen him do: Shadow Clones, basics of Gentle Fist, the Lightning Triple, Wind Release, the Boruto Stream... Then there's Boruto's Dojutsu and whatever abilities that offers.

Kodachi, Ikemoto, and Kishimoto have a lot to work with.
Koadachi apparently is a heavy WarHammer fan

so if he wants he can flesh this out to be a really good space saga

it is all up to him and the SP directors/writers/producers
Yeah it was.

Sakura's fight was especially badass. That entire sequence was top shelf.
best Sakura fight since Sasori , even though she lost against Shin (when it was 1 on 1)

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm kinda of worried about him too. He just seems pushed to the background now that Sarada has more of a presence on the show. She interacts more with Boruto then Mitsuki now and their interactions are just a boring retread of the fighting their dads did, except their not getting better trying to out do each other, its just Sarada nagging Boruto all the time.

It would suck if Mitsuki got pushed aside so they can focus on Uzumaki/Uchiha drama/relationship stuff. There's just so much we don't know about Mitsuki, it makes him more mysterious and more interesting. Plus there's the fact that he's like the most powerful member on the team.
yeah i am worried for him as well, but I think the fact they already made him strong is an indicator that he will be utilized well in the future.

but if the manga is any indicator for the anime, most of the future arcs are just boruto wank anyways, so maybe not

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

again
(Boruto, Mitsuki and Shikadai)
NUE arc trio = best trio

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
yeah i am worried for him as well, but I think the fact they already made him strong is an indicator that he will be utilized well in the future.

but if the manga is any indicator for the anime, most of the future arcs are just boruto wank anyways, so maybe not

I wish they went the DB Super route and let the anime lead. Hopefully they expand upon the manga chapters and change things that should be changed. In the manga Sumire doesn't participate in the Chunin exams and quits being a ninja to be a lab assistant. That would suck if that's the future of her character.

again
(Boruto, Mitsuki and Shikadai)
NUE arc trio = best trio

No lies detected. I really wish they weren't so set on sticking with the ino-shika-cho tradition. Shikadai with Boruto and Mitsuki was a much better team.