• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

• You're all out of your minds...

Votes: 120 17.6%
  • Don't do this... Don't give me hope...

Votes: 339 49.6%
  • I always believed in Phil

Votes: 224 32.8%

• Total voters

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's N&B2, partly to see the fallout, and partly because I really liked N&B.

But really, it's time for Threeie.

Jan 4, 2018
!
giphy.gif

It's happening !

Last edited:

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Banjo is gonna say "Guh-huh!" at the beginning of the Nintendo E3 Direct and it's going to be fucking glorious

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo in Smash + Banjo Remakie would be a decent way to get the bird and bear back in the spotlight.

I don't think MS would jump into a Banjo Threeie without seeing if there's a developer out there that can make it feeling "proper" first.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Between this and some Banjo-Kazooie merchandise in the works, I'm lead to believe there's new Banjo-Kazooie stuff coming.

I'm also lead to believe it's going to be something like "Banjo-Kazooie Trilogy HD" however, which is perfectly fine.

Wouldn't that be redundant with Rare Replay's existence?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
It better not be a remake of Banjo/Tooie, we played those games 100 million times, gimme Threeie.
It would be much safer for Microsoft to release a remake of 1/Tooie first for Xbox/Steam/possibly Switch. There's less uncertainty there as both are already seen as solid games. We're also far enough away that they really could go crazy with the enviornments. Glitter Gulch Mine, Click Clock Wood, etc. would look incredible with modern assets.

They could also easily use it, and advertise it, as a test for Threeie.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this is happening, I wish word never got out. The reactions to this would have been unreal.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to assume either nothing or a Smash appearance. I can't let myself get disappointed.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
It would be much safer for Microsoft to release a remake of 1/Tooie first for Xbox/Steam/possibly Switch. There's less uncertainty there as both are already seen as solid games. We're also far enough away that they really could go crazy with the enviornments. Glitter Gulch Mine, Click Clock Wood, etc. would look incredible with modern assets.

They could also easily use it, and advertise it, as a test for Threeie.

You'd need some kind of commitment of three in advance to not piss people off.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
If we take into account the things Brad Sams said, like how some of his sources said this Xbox show was gonna be very special, how does a show become very special? Well the return of Banjo would certainly warrant a show being called that.

But if it's true, please, please stay true to BK and do not fuck with the character designs.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't that be redundant with Rare Replay's existence?
Crash NSane and the Spyro remakes wouldn't have had near the amount of attention and sales if they were just 1080p releases of the original games with the same original assets.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Banjo and Kazooie in Smash would be ACE.

But what would be ACER would be Banjo Threeie. Greg Mayles said not too long ago he'd only want to do it if he felt it was worth doing properly - new way etc - but who knows? Maybs he had an idea, maybs another dev is on it with Rare overseeing?

I don't know why I am typing. It's never gonna happen.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
BK in Smash
Remakes of 1+2 coming in the next 12 months
Banjo Threeie confirmed in development

Not too much to ask right?

Nov 6, 2017
Banjo in Smash eh? That indicates to me that there's also probably at least a re-release/remaster of the first game.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Phil has been talking for a long time about the idea of Microsoft' characters to appear on other platforms. They got closer to Nintendo recently and yeah, Banjo would be a nice add in Smash. Plus that wording in Shinobi's tweet ; yeah, my money on Banjo and Kazooie kicking some asses in Smash.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
You'd need some kind of commitment of three in advance to not piss people off.
Eh idk. I'm fairly certain that an actual, full blown 1+Tooie remake (not just a 1080p port of the 64 games) would sell like crazy if they were released on Xbox, Steam, and Switch simultaneously to go with a B&K inclusion in Smash. Youtubers like Dunkey would go crazy and it really would be huge.

A Threeie announcement right now would be met with excitement, but still some wariness as the last Banjo game was N&B. Imo, the first 2 games are already classics. I want Microsoft to show me they can faithfully take those games and bring them up to the current generation before I want them making a full blown sequel. I'd like to see some gameplay improvements too (like better flying/swimming controls).

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Ms have been doing a lot of merch with Rare IPs. I imagine it'll only just be that.

And this is coming from someone who has begged for BK every E3 this gen. I've given up.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't be a Monkey's Paw thing and give us Banjo but it's not really Banjo again.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Would be funny if they did this teaser again but changed the end into what the new game is like 'reimagined classic platformer' if true...

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Shinobi doesn't know anything. He's just a very big fan of bears and Nigel Thornberry. And that E3 photo of the BK logo is clearly just a photoshopped Little Mac. Nothing to see here folks.