• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
CNN's coverage of this has been, as expected, horrendous.
I knew to avoid CNN to all costs regardless of what happens. It's probably always completely black and white for them. If there's no smoking gun CNN will play the "TRUMP TOTALLY VINDICATED!" card. And they'll have these awful far right pundits on to spew garbage and slurp Trump's balls.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I knew to avoid CNN to all costs regardless of what happens. It's probably always completely black and white for them. If there's no smoking gun CNN will play the "TRUMP TOTALLY VINDICATED!" card. And they'll have these awful far right pundits on to spew garbage and slurp Trump's balls.
Yep

gVMBhAu.png

They don't know shit about the investigation and yet they're saying stuff like "the investigation did not find enough evidence for X"

This is not even true yet. They're doing Trump's work for him

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep

gVMBhAu.png

They don't know shit about the investigation and yet they're saying stuff like "the investigation did not find enough evidence for X"

CNN themselves have said the president can't be indicted for the last 2 years. Now he's not indicted because they didn't find evidence? Lol

stew

Dec 2, 2017
If let's say, Mueller found enough evidence to indict him for obstruction of justice, the DOJ guideline is to send a report to the Congress which then would decide to impeach and charge him.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
CRAZY NUTJOB CRACKPOT THEORY:

Mueller is not recommending federal indictments... because Trump "can't be indicted federally" and if he indicts the Trumplings they'll just get pardoned by Daddy... so he farmed out everything, even the conspiracy charges, to un-pardonable state-level charges.

thinking emoji

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If let's say, Mueller found enough evidence to indict him for obstruction of justice, the DOJ guideline is to send a report to the Congress which then would decide to impeach and charge him.
The obstruction angle is what im most interested in right now because so much of it played out in public, it seemed like the most likely of the results. And if what you say is how it plays out then that still supports their initial response that no future indictments are planned. Now congress actually doing anything about it who knows, but it would be nice to get it on the paper since thats what everyone seems obsessed over right now. Nevermind the crazy man acting crazy.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
also just want to point out that "Mueller was hired to investigate, not prosecute, so the report isn't the end - he's just handing off the prosecution of his findings" is literally Louise Mensch's take rn, so for the folks in the thread entertaining that idea: maybe reconsider?

Or, I don't know, it's based on actual reality?

Rick Gates' case before Judge Amy Berman Jackson will be handed off to the DC US Attorney's Office, the special counsel's office said on Saturday. @kpolantz

Not to mention Cohen was already an entire handoff to SDNY. As was NRA/Butina to this same DC court.

Edit: Era be running weird today

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Yep

gVMBhAu.png

This is by design and fully intentional by CNN. They will be actively engaged in damage control for Trump in order to ensure his re-election in 2020 in far more insidious ways than Fox News.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Or, I don't know, it's based on actual reality?

Rick Gates' case before Judge Amy Berman Jackson will be handed off to the DC US Attorney's Office, the special counsel's office said on Saturday. @kpolantz

Not to mention Cohen was already an entire handoff to SDNY. As was NRA/Butina to this same DC court.

Edit: Era be running weird today

Yes, existing cases will be handed off to other departments since the special counsel is closing up shop. Mueller also referred off non-Russia-election conspiracy crimes to other prosecutors. That has nothing to do with the "theory" being passed around that Mueller's job was only to investigate and now that he's done, the real "collusion" indictments will begin.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, existing cases will be handed off to other departments since the special counsel is closing up shop. Mueller also referred off non-Russia-election conspiracy crimes to other prosecutors. That has nothing to do with the "theory" being passed around that Mueller's job was only to investigate and now that he's done, the real "collusion" indictments will begin.

No idea of the theory at work here surrounding "collusion" being handed off so you're going to have to explain that a little bit more because right now it's looking pretty strawmanny.

Anyways, popular theory I see is that collusion might have been too tough to try outright, at least in terms of nabbing a surefire meaningful conviction against the inner circle like Kushner and Jr. But these same actors are tied up in several other ongoing investigations and Mueller will be leaving it up to those investigations to go to court to try these guys, with criminal information gleaned from his now ended collusion investigation to further help in proceedings. I thought that was the overall working theory here, so I don't really care about fighting against strawman argument

As far as I know, that's still the game plan and the handling off of existing cases further proves the point that crime was committed and that Mueller is seeing to it that they get tried. The "no further indictments" thing is being massively overblown.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Congress would be insane to impeach him, regardless of the findings, he's far better to be on the ticket and publicly ruined. Why elevate Pence to heir apparent?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congress would be insane to impeach him, regardless of the findings, he's far better to be on the ticket and publicly ruined. Why elevate Pence to heir apparent?
Trump is a national security risk. If the presidency is the only thing keeping him out of jail right now, and it likely is simply based off the Cohen stuff, come election time on twitter and at his rallies he's gonna make sure his 2nd amendment people make sure no bad dudes are at the polls aka election night fuckery. He's desperate to reach out to his MAGA bomber wannabes out there.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is by design and fully intentional by CNN. They will be actively engaged in damage control for Trump in order to ensure his re-election in 2020 in far more insidious ways than Fox News.

Uhh... What?

They're merely reporting that Trump celebrated what he believes to be an exoneration (which as far as Russian collusion is concerned... Is likely accurate).

I'm all for shitting on the media when they deserve it, but they're reporting a story. Would you rather they lie and proclaim that Trump is shitting his pants in Florida this weekend?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
True, but if he had a year as President, he would have. I guess it depends on how long it would take. If you can fire Trump about a year from now, fine, that'd do it, but like in the near future? That seems self-sabotaging.
In the very unlikely chance that Pence is President in time for the 2020 election, I could see Trump giving Pence an ultimatum of pardoning him or telling his supporters not to vote for Pence.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
In the very unlikely chance that Pence is President in time for the 2020 election, I could see Trump giving Pence an ultimatum of pardoning him or telling his supporters not to vote for Pence.
That would be the end of Pence. If there is sufficient public pressure to force Trump from office, there wouldn't be much support for a pardon.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Maybe, it's a risky proposition, pardoning Nixon basically cost Ford the following election. It's difficult to foresee how the public would react, I think lean on the side of history and don't pardon him is the safer bet.

Either way, and I understand that injustice should be dealt with, but I think Congress should play it politically, a ruined Trump is an easier defeat than a healthy Pence I think. Not just the Presidency, it's a poison pill for the Senate too. Anything that makes them look bad is ultimately better for Congress, and in this particular instance, America too.

I would love to think Trump's defeat is a sure thing, but I don't, at all. I have underestimated stupidity time and time again with Trump, and Brexit, and other mind bogglingly bad calls the public have made. Have Trump be a shamed husk and lose, it's better for everyone.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
I'm almost convinced at this point Trump is going to be re-elected and destroy this country, just as Netanyahu is going to be elected in April (the ONLY way) he won't go to prison, he wouldn't be the first Israeli prime minister to go to prison for years either. Maybe the USA deserves ruination. There is something fundamentally broken with this country. I'm bracing myself that Mueller won't have a conclusive finding and this will fuel the fire for the white right.
I just don't have any faith in this country or this system. The savage racism, the white supremacy, the incessant lies, the hypocrisy and tribalism. What is there to believe in?

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Congress can subpoena the full report, regardless of Barr's cliffnotes edition. It seems pointless for him to issue something that's gravelly inaccurate, regardless of his personal political stance.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congress can subpoena the full report, regardless of Barr's cliffnotes edition. It seems pointless for him to issue something that's gravelly inaccurate, regardless of his personal political stance.
He won't release something that's gravely inaccurate. He'll release the bare minimum, though.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
He won't release something that's gravely inaccurate. He'll release the bare minimum, though.
Maybe I should have phrased it as 'woefully insufficient'. Some smoothing over of the finer details seems inevitable, but if anything, a brief overview, if accurate, is only ever going to look worse. Even if the report never leaks, and is never made public, he knows Congress are going to get it eventually.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

██████████ Donald Trump █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ is not ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ guilty. No ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ co███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████lusion.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Edit: I'm a tired idiot.
I'm reposting your link, it's stil news. It's important to know that Pelosi will do everything to get the full report.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ll-report-idUSKCN1R40OO?utm_source=reddit.com
U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Saturday called Attorney General William Barr's offer to release a summary of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report "insufficient" and urged him to release the full report to lawmakers so their committees could proceed with their "independent work."

Pelosi also said in the statement that any congressional briefings on the report should be designated unclassified so members "can speak freely" about them.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Comey could also testify again, no? Since Mueller is done?

Edit: Answering my own question, I doubt it would be useful.

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Think realistically whatever gets released in the report (even if it's released without any redactions) House Democrats will at least use it to launch their own investigations.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
██████████ Donald Trump █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ is not ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ guilty. No ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ co███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████lusion.

u6zIM0r.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.