• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Irredeemable jr. I dig it...
Was thinking the same thing. Watching this really makes me want to see Gunn do an Irredeemable adaptation.

QyUgLV1_d.jpg

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks bad, like a YouTube fan film and that's what came to mind when I saw this trailer

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looked ok. I'd watch it.

Buuuuut, i wished it was an adaption of that Grant Morrison comic everyone talked about.

You lot made it sound interesting.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Although thread title really should be changed to not mislead people into thinking James Gunn had a role in this creatively. He is just the producer. David Yarovesky is the director, two Gunn cousins are the writers.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
This is going to make a billion dollars. Get ready for endless superhero horror movies.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I see people bringing up Irredeemable, but irredeemable absolutely sucked, apart from the original premise.
This movie has a lot of work to do to be even half as bad as Irredeemable.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully they go all out, like I want cities in ruin, whole nations in flame.

The last scene should be someone watching Evil Superman from an underground bunker, standing up and walking towards a black Iron Man style suit
You could create a whole -verse out of this, shit Knockoff Chaotic Evil DCEU might be better than the regular one.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to go with this kid being more like Doomsday in that he was sent there to be a destroyer, and the ship is influencing him to be that way.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't look anything special to me

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
When I read some of the comments, I expected something like Brandon Sanderson's Steelheart.

But yeah, this looks like the first act of MOS turned horror lol. I love it!

Oct 2, 2018
super interesting. It's like they said fuck you and your superman expectation and.... here we go horror.

I gotta say, I wish the OP had left out that its horror because it ruined the twist to this movie... In a lot of ways, the trailer ruined the twist to the movie

Oct 2, 2018
I now wish I know nothing about this movie. Would have been great to go see this in the cinema without knowing what this is.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Looked interesting. I love the idea of a person with super powers using it for evil purposes instead of good.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how specifically this is apping the Man of Steel imagery. This is straight up an unlicensed elseworlds movie. XD the bus, the grass, the white sheets, the book scribbles, the red! It's all there XD

https://youtu.be/wArmHSPIvlQ

This is basically squadron supreme/supreme power's hyperion

Well, one shade darker to be sure. This would be more like if what's his name, Redstone Had his origin. If you arranged these as alignments

Superman Good
Supreme Power Neutral Good (barely haha)
——— Neutral
———
Brightburn