Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I don't understand how anyone could enjoy the money they made off a woman they basically enslaved and forced to work for 13 years while keeping her as a virtual prisoner in her own life.

How do they sleep at night?
I bet he sleeps completely at ease. I have no doubt he's dehumanized her in his mind at this point. He's not doing this to a person, thus nothing is wrong with it. After all just check his animal comment.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
This is so disturbing. They enslaved her and took her for millions. Disgusting...

Do we know when the court will make a decision? Today or another day?

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
I think we know why the lawyer didn't try. Dude drained millions from her.

Oh my... God... If there is literally any professional body regulating lawyers in the state of California.. How.. HOW... HOWWWWW on earth did this happen?! And now that this is coming to light, how could it continue at all.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Spears' situation is truly horrific. It's straight up state-sanctioned abuse, financial exploitation and enslavement of a human being. As I said in the other thread, it would seem the judge at the very least is very incompetent or at worst corrupt to have had access to all the evidence and statements which the NYT recently exposed to then just apparently ignore it all when she ruled last summer that her father could still stay on the conservatorship. It's also absolutely outrageous her father gets to handpick her counsel, it's completely 100% rigged and as that tweet from Southpaw said, a bar examination at the very least needs to be done at some level.

edit: Just saw that last Tweet from Southpaw showing her "lawyer" stealing 10K a week from her, bar investigation is not enough, people need to go to jail over this.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah cool, her lawyer is basically that shit bag character from I Care A Lot

Somehow forgot to mention the ability to terminate, weird how that happens.

Wow, the court should order him to repay her back. $40k a month. That's millions since 2008. No wonder he didn't mention anything about terminating the conservatoship. He's still getting fucking paid.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
I don't understand how this is possible. Does someone without a massive conflict of interest think she is a harm to others? No? Then give her her autonomy back!

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Just disgusting, I'm going to be sick.

Surely this time, Britney will win her case and be freed, right? I don't even want to think of how much longer she'd have to fight this if the judge rules against her....

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
If she somehow gets stuck in this conservatorship after this stuff has come out...that's going to really suck. I already feel awful for her.

May 8, 2018
Holyshit!

Reading this is horrific. Did she need help? Yup but this seems to be pure hell and clearly not what she needed. I mean shit she doesn't even have control of her own body. Also that lawyer needs to be disbarred asap and possibly in prison along with those in control of the conservatorship. To never do his job and then when told to he says nope I won't. Someone else can. I have no doubt he was being paid off to keep her in it.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Just disgusting, I'm going to be sick.

Surely this time, Britney will win her case and be freed, right? I don't even want to think of how much longer she'd have to fight this if the judge rules against her....
Frankly, if she does not win this time around, people will (hopefully) take to the streets to demand justice reform. Human right violations on every single possible level....

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her family says she is "not well enough to control her own money".

But I guess she is well enough to keep making money they can live off in luxury.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it be rad if some hardcore Britney fans started to stalk her father everywhere? Just sayin'

He'd just pay for his protection out of her pocket, but I have to admit this hypothetical situation would be the first time I root for the crazy-ass fans to make his life even a fraction as miserable as her life sounds under this conservatorship.

Her family says she is "not well enough to control her own money".

But I guess she is well enough to keep making money they can live off in luxury.

You'd think... if they really need to drug her and send her to mental health institutions so much, maybe she doesn't need to be preforming and should focus on recovery. It's so obvious money is the only thing her dad and whoever is on his payroll cares about, over her wellbeing.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
This just makes me wonder why the hell her sister never said anything.

Because her sister has been stealing her money like everyone else involved. This is a story from last summer around the time of the previous ruling regarding how she was trying to take control of the money in the trust fund intended for Britney's children (and apparently succeeded):

www.bbc.com

Britney Spears' sister Jamie Lynn seeks control of singer's finances

Jamie Lynn Spears requests control of the money stored in a trust fund for Britney's children.

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because her sister has been stealing her money like everyone else involved. This is a story from last summer around the time of the previous ruling into how she was trying to take control of the money in the trust fund intended for Britney's children (and apparently succeeded):

www.bbc.com

Jamie Lynn Spears requests control of the money stored in a trust fund for Britney's children.
Holy shit that is gross.

Her own family betrayed her. And we as a society abandoned her to her fate.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I hope the end to this debacle ends in some satisfying way...I want to see all involved punished. This reads so bad that I don't see any way everyone walks with 0 pushback.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Holyshit!

Reading this is horrific. Did she need help? Yup but this seems to be pure hell and clearly not what she needed. I mean shit she doesn't even have control of her own body. Also that lawyer needs to be disbarred asap and possibly in prison along with those in control of the conservatorship. To never do his job and then when told to he says nope I won't. Someone else can. I have no doubt he was being paid off to keep her in it.
He was, he's been making 40 grand a month to represent her in the conservatorship case. So it was in his best interest to keep it going for as long as he could.

The aggravating bit is that she was paying his fees. The only reason he's even suggesting petitioning to end the conservatorship or be replaced by a lawyer of Britney's choice is because in the past year the conservatorship became a very public issue. The Free Britney movement ballooned and the NYT documentary only made it bigger. It's starting to look real bad for him to admit he's been doing a terrible job at representing his actual client.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
ITT, a thread full of people who don't know what they're talking about with respect to conservatorships. That attorney very likely isn't making $10k a week every week. He's making "not more" than 10k per week. This means he isn't taking more than $10k at a time. Twitter user Southpaw wouldn't know what his fees are unless he had that referenced order and an estate accounting. I'm not saying that he's not fleecing her, and its a bit shady if he does not have his own order, but these fees should be ultimately reviewed and approved by the court. Also (assuming he does not have some sort of crazy ass flat fee $10k per week order) the lawyer would very likely make way more money litigating his client's release. It would be interesting to hear why the lawyer would rather substitute out than file the petition.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
ITT, a thread full of people who don't know what they're talking about with respect to conservatorships. That attorney very likely isn't making $10k a week every week. He's making "not more" than 10k per week. This means he isn't taking more than $10k at a time. Twitter user Southpaw wouldn't know what his fees are unless he had that referenced order and an estate accounting. I'm not saying that he's not fleecing her, and its a bit shady if he does not have his own order, but these fees should be ultimately reviewed and approved by the court. Also (assuming he does not have some sort of crazy ass flat fee $10k per week order) the lawyer would very likely make way more money litigating his client's release. It would be interesting to hear why the lawyer would rather substitute out than file the petition.
And the apparent pressure to perform? Lack of telling her about her options to terminate? Potential forced IUD/birth control?

How much understanding does one need over an arrangement like that?

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You sound like you are that lawyer. Just let her have her money back you bilked her for a lot

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
If you're a lawyer, you could just provide further details on how these things work without hopping on a high horse.

In any case, the supposed fees she's having to pay have become the least concerning bit about this conservatorship as of today.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

I don't trust these courts tbh.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017

Aside from the drive by arrogant tone you utilize right off the bat, that is a pretty generous take regarding her lawyer's obvious advantage in this situation not to mention hand waving of the totality of all the other collective abuses going on. Are you a lawyer yourself who has been in a situation similar to this? Also lol at the 'court should review the fees,' they haven't been doing their job in reviewing anything objectively for her in the last 13 years of this facade, a bit late for that. Given how grossly irresponsible the court system in CA has been in regards to her situation, Spears should sue the state for letting her be thrown to the wolves if she is ever able to.

Yeah. A bit.

Last edited:

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Because her sister has been stealing her money like everyone else involved. This is a story from last summer around the time of the previous ruling into how she was trying to take control of the money in the trust fund intended for Britney's children (and apparently succeeded):

www.bbc.com

Thank you for the link, I did not know about this. And she succeeded? What the hell?

I'll never understand how any of this is legal. Poor Britney :(

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Even if she does, she may very well have been driven to them or had them exacerbated by this relentless and totally cruel persecution.

A lot of this first started when Adnan Ghalib a paparazzo turned her then boyfriend and her former manager Sam Lufti basically conspired to take control of her affairs. She was basically kept drugged the entire time she was around him. Which led to her very public breakdown where she shaved her head. She eventually got a restraining order against them but at that point her conservatorship was already in effect. She's been extremely grossly manipulated for over a decade with everyone vying to get a piece of her wealth.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
And the apparent pressure to perform? Lack of telling her about her options to terminate? Potential forced IUD/birth control?

How much understanding does one need over an arrangement like that?

Oh her father is absolutely coming off as the Joe Jackson type.

And I find it extremely unlikely that nobody told her about her termination options. Even if her attorney somehow didn't, she's had all sorts of people with conflicting interests around her for years. Somebody around her had to have at least googled that time and let her know over the course of over ten years. People under a conservatorship also (should) have annual or biannual reports from a disinterested investigator, so it would be interesting to know what she told the investigator or what the investigator asked her. Unfortunately for the public discourse, but fortunately for her privacy, these are confidential and only those involved in the case would have any idea.

If you're a lawyer, you could just provide further details on how these things work without hopping on a high horse.

In any case, the supposed fees she's having to pay have become the least concerning bit about this conservatorship as of today.

The amount of misinformation is so extensive though, it's really really hard to wade through it all and figure out where to start, so it's frustrating. It's also a very unique situation in an already highly specialized legal field, so even some of lawyers I've seen on TV today don't appear to actually have a feel for what they're talking about. I'm tempted to write about it (specifically for other lawyers), but to do a good job I'd have to do a very deep dig, which I just don't have the time and energy to do right now. Yes there are questions after today, but as an outside observer we really have no idea what's going on. Random Twitter users picking up and incorrectly interpreting documents out of context isn't helping anybody though.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I was wondering what this was when I walked by the courthouse this morning. All these news trucks and reporters setup outside.

Last edited:

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the email at the bottom of that photo literally says "please pay $10,000"

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Yeah, the lawyer is the one who needs your defense in this situation.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
the email at the bottom of that photo literally says "please pay $10,000"

It says "please pay $10,000 and carry the balance over to next week." If you're paying a $25,000 bill and you make payment of no more than $10,000 per week, then on week 1 you'll pay $10,000, on week 2 you'll pay $10,000, and on week 3 you'll pay $5,000. We have no idea what the actual bill was. Could be a million dollars, could be $11,000, we don't know how much the lawyer was paid without an accounting.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It says "please pay $10,000 and carry the balance over to next week." If you're paying a $25,000 bill and you make payment of no more than $10,000 per week, then on week 1 you'll pay $10,000, on week 2 you'll pay $10,000, and on week 3 you'll pay $5,000. We have no idea what the actual bill was. Could be a million dollars, could be $11,000, we don't know how much the lawyer was paid without an accounting.

One of the e-mails says "I missed the August 22, 2008 order which does provide for the $10,000 weekly payments.".
Have fun spinning that one.

Fraktur

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being the guy who comes into this thread and is like "excuse me!? The lawyer did in fact not steal 10.000$ per week from her! He could only steal up to 10.000$, thank you"

Horrible for britney, hope she gets out and fucks them over hard

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I wish one day I was as smart as Hound :(

You'd be rich in a completely legitimate way because one week you'd charge $10,000 and then the next you'd either charge $5,000 or maybe another $10,000 but surely you wouldn't be allowed by the court without their express approval and review to charge $10,000 every single week even though the court in this situation didn't seem to care anyways. Only ignorant, overreacting lay people who don't understand the fine, subtle nuances of lawyer e-mails and memos asking for a certain amount of money on a weekly basis would assume something nefarious like that!

Last edited:

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017

she was forcibly implanted with an IUD and you're coming to the defense of her lawyer. you've got a finite amount of energy to expend on this earth, and this is how you choose to use it.

ok

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
AFAIK she may have wanted the IUD when she got it but if she doesn't want it now it's still an unwanted IUD.

Unwanted IUD = no children.

Children she could leave an estate to.

That threatens her existing family who lives off her.