Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Is 9 bucks a lot?

I don't have a calculator so I wouldn't know
kNAcGnj.jpg

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting how Nintendo straight out moneyhats such an important app.

Honestly Nintendo can fuck right off at this point. So insecure that their market leader status could be even remotely threatened by their main competitor doing so many things better than they are that they resort to this underhanded shit. And it's completely unnecessary, the Nintendo brand is so powerful and so firmly entrenched in gamers minds as the de facto choice that nothing will threaten its dominance. Why not spend the money you keep throwing in securing this calcucaltor moneyhat on things that improve your console? Hire a bunch of engineers to copy what Microsoft are doing with things like Quick Resume/Auto HDR/FPS Boost etc. Or hell, why not hire some people to get GameCube/Wii/Wii U games working on your console? Pour that money into making eShop a more attractive and comparable offering to what Game Pass is doing. Go buy (or invest in) a few gaming studio's if you have so little confidence in your own first party output that you feel the need to pay third parties to keep their calculators off of other platforms. Do things that make your platform better rather than making other platforms worse.

I've owned every single Nintendo gaming device except for the Virtual Boy and count games like Mario 3, Link's Awakening and Mother 3 as among the finest and most precious gaming experiences of my life. But I'll be skipping the Switch Pro. I'm no longer interested in supporting a company that actively works against important gaming innovations like crossplay/progression and devotes more energy and resources than is reasonable to take away from the gaming industry rather than add to it.

/s, obviously. It's a copypasta

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Got so many great games in a Steam sale with my country equivalent of 9$ a couple of years ago. This is kind of crazy for a calculator.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
To people complaining this is an exclusive, I don't think you realize a PS5 couldn't handle such complex calculation. It would literally melt.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Smh.

Next-gen fucked gaming. We could use to buy Calculator for around $7 now it is $9??!!?? Don't even talk about the cost of Calculator and how the prices didn't change for 20 years or so. I can't.

Oct 27, 2017
www.nintendo.com

Calculator for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Calculator and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.
www.nintendo.co.uk

Calculator

A scientific calculator with a clear easy-to-read multi-line display, which should help with those not-so-easy-to-do maths problems. Calculator has an appealing modern and practical design, sure to be popular with all students and engineers.

Megaton?
im sorry but 9 bones for something on your phone for free..
DizzyDecimalAndeancat-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Disappointed that it isn't a premium version of this fantastic mobile puzzle game:

uhw11wEjsUn1RS_pv5vcrn_q3FxwJ0s8dZiAIsChBTDr4TncKNU8WSlhZW6wimB6Dg=w720-h310-rw

apps.apple.com

‎Calculator: The Game

‎In a world of calculators, one dared to become a game. Sure, you've used calculators before, but have you ever "played" a calculator? Welcome to Calculator: The Game where you'll manipulate numbers by adding them, subtracting them, converting them, reversing them, and stuffing them through...

play.google.com

Calculator: The Game – Apps on Google Play

Complete challenging puzzles using an amazing device!
I legitimately thought it was this when I read the title. Sad.
im sorry but 9 bones for something on your phone for free..
DizzyDecimalAndeancat-size_restricted.gif
Welcome to the world of developers on Switch thinking their shit is hot.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
1280×720 on the display lol. This is a great idea, but for this price... it's a bit steep.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
You know those Korg synth apps that emulate a handful of old synths? Imagine one of those, but for actual scientific calculators. Now that would be something.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
When I read the thread title I assumed this must be some famous indie game just called Calculator or a puzzle game using numbers or something.

Not an actual calculator app lol.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch store is great for awful purchases. You don't even have to look too deep. There is a Santa Tracker at £3 for which just tells you the days until Christmas.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So, does this mean Tim Epic can come after Nintendo now since they are a general computing device and Switch hardware might actually be profitable.

Tim Epic vs Shigeru Nintendo battle commences.