• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DeadOnions

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Love the gunplay but hate the menus. Also having come from Gears 5 where people are quiet the constant mics on for purpose of making stupid noises has led me to turn voice chat down completely.

Also have a spare code. Not sure if you need to put it into website first though but if anyone wants it: ES8C-KFTL66-QD48BW

Oct 25, 2017
Love the gunplay but hate the menus. Also having come from Gears 5 where people are quiet the constant mics on for purpose of making stupid noises has led me to turn voice chat down completely.

Also have a spare code. Not sure if you need to put it into website first though but if anyone wants it: ES8C-KFTL66-QD48BW
Your code doesn't work

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Roadmap for today

Thursday, September 12

Maps:

• 6v6 Azhir Cave (Day)
  • 6v6 Hackney Yard (Day)
  • 6v6 Grazna Raid
  • 10v10 Grazna Raid
Playlists:

• Game Mode Filter: TDM (Team Deathmatch)
  • Game Mode Filter: Dom (Domination)
  • Featured Playlist: HQ (Headquarters)

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
You know Infinity Ward just wants you to ignore the objective when kills and deaths are the only stats displayed on the scoreboard in Domination. Just get rid off the deaths stat and add captures and defends.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
The spawns in my last TDM were pretty bad. I spawned right in front of an enemy more than once and spawned with an enemy right around the corner. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it so far.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love the radar changes. A BR style compass with red markers overhead so you can get a general area of enemies and traditional CoD radar with the UAV only.

Much, much better. I mean, look at this fucking shit from Infinite Warfare...

Call-of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-multiplayer-preview-screenshot-63.jpg

That's a really weird screenshot. The UI was never that closed in on my game.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Gotta wonder how we ended up in a scenario where a Call of Duty game is matching Battlefield when it comes to gun sounds and sound design in general

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They took Headquarters out of Call of Duty for a long time didn't they? Or at least changed it so much it wasn't the same. God it feels good in this beta

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Map design is phenomenal. So many more options and it feels fully fleshed out. It makes BO4s map design look foolish

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
My PSN is vestanx if any Era folks wanna add me and queue up

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
That 10v10 map spawns in TDM are interesting. If you play it right, you can completely spawn camp the enemy in the factory.... I actually like that, instead of it flipping on a whim.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
I really dislike playing without a mini-map, now i have to turn around every time i hear footsteps behind me and its annoying as hell. Why cant they have the minimap always on but only showing enemies when a UAV is active.

And i have no idea why people can plug in mouse and keyboard and play against controller players, thats unfair as hell.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
As a perennial LMG player, I'm super happy. A lot of really creative places to hole up and mount, mixed with proximity grenades. Feels like I've got a chance, instead of dealing with all the running and gunning that seemed to be the trend of the last CODs.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I changed my PSN tag when PSN allowed it, but in the MW Beta, my old name is displayed ingame and in the menus. Every other game, BF V and even COD MW Remastered has my new tag. Weird the remaster that hasn't had an update since forever has my updated tag, but this beta doesn't?

Any one else change their PSN tag and are seeing their old tag being displayed?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Campers have gotten worse since I stopped playing. Ridiculous the amount of people who don't move.
It's really just this game, the map design plus the fact that they've returned to killstreaks instead of scorestreaks just make camping a way better strategy. It's not nearly as bad in basically every CoD since Black Ops 2.
Guys, I changed my PSN tag when PSN allowed it, but in the MW Beta, my old name is displayed ingame and in the menus. Every other game, BF V and even COD MW Remastered has my new tag. Weird the remaster that hasn't had an update since forever has my updated tag, but this beta doesn't?

Any one else change their PSN tag and are seeing their old tag being displayed?
The name displayed in-game is that of your Call of Duty/Activision account. Probably done for cross-play purposes.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Is Amazon still charging for pre-orders in advance now, or was that countries other than US? I don't want to pre-order this for the beta if they are charging right away.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really just this game, the map design plus the fact that they've returned to killstreaks instead of scorestreaks just make camping a way better strategy. It's not nearly as bad in basically every CoD since Black Ops 2.

The name displayed in-game is that of your Call of Duty/Activision account. Probably done for cross-play purposes.
That sucks if you cant change it. Is it possible to change it?
Weird.. because in the Alpha, I remember it being my new name.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
No halftime for Domination.

It slips my mind but could you always pick up your claymore once you set it down? Cause you can here.

Don't forget that tactical sprint! Press the run button twice to run faster.

I like how there are doors all over the map you can open and close. If you run through a door, it'll bust open. Also, if you ADS while in front of a door, you can do a little peek.

Not crazy about the spawning. Want it to be faster but that's just me wanting to get back to the action ASAP. But spawning in general is no fun on TDM. Hackney Yard was terrible in terms of that.

Loading seems fast.

I like that you can edit your loadouts during the game.

I'm personally not too bothered by no mini map since I'm more of a Hardcore guy but the map we have now, I don't even pay attention to it lol. I can see why people will dislike it though. Hearing footsteps and turning around to see it was just your teammate is no fun.

The maps haven't impressed me. Actually looking forward to whatever nighttime versions come out. I'll probably like every single night version lol just because I've always wanted more of them.

You can change the sound of the hit markers, fyi. The classic MW one, this new one, or none at all.

It's a day 1 purchase regardless, just like every other COD I've done in the past. Realism mode and Hardcore (if that's still in) will be my main modes.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I'm doing well with the AK, much more so than the M4A1. Had a good run with the AK in HQ where I flashed 3 of them and gunned them down. Hopped towards the objective. Laid some resupply down and popped around the corner and took another 2 out. Of course I was the only one in my team capturing the HQs while everyone sat back and tried picking people off. Smh.

The amount of people who don't try and play the objective is astounding. I know I should've be surprised by it now but it ticks me off. Had a guy tell me I'm trash because of my KD that match... MY GUY I WAS THE ONLY ONE PUSHING THE OBJECTIVE! Lmao.

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
There's been a few beta's/demo's for games that don't have HDR support but the full game does. I don't think the beta not having it means the real game won't.

I understand but I don't think this is the case. The game seems finished in production value terms and it's close to release. Plus, if you're going to test the game's performance you need to use release specs.