Oct 25, 2017
Advanced Warfare, imo, was the most positive. At least in terms of when it was first announced. Coming from a new dev made up of Dead Space People, that reveal trailer had an air of mystery surrounding it:

On Xbox I get matched up in new maps more times than not. Everyone keeps picking the Masquerade map.

I think people were more positive about AW because for a lot of people, it was appealing more to the sci-fi angle/metal gear fanbase.

I wish we got AW2, instead of people going "but muh boots on the ground" resulting in me really not caring about COD.

I guess I just prefer Treyarch's take on COD more than IW's.

Oct 25, 2017
FFS Infinity Ward please no rainbow skins!

There's only ever been 1 crazy skin that I absolutely loved and it was
P5ALier.png

and it only worked in an opposing force training kinda way.

It was probably the only high tier reward I ever felt was worthy.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
infinite Warfare had an amazing campaign so im hoping they deliver. I'm glad it's another Modern Warfare because to me they were the best COD's especially Modern Warfare 2.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So they're pretty much confirming the first female main protagonist for the series?

Has there ever even been a playable female character in COD singleplayer?

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Call of Duty is a name I've not heard of for a while. I can feel like this franchise really is a has been now. Going back to Modern Warfare and Captain Price seems desperate.

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Going by the recent timelines for CoD games, we won't see a full multiplayer reveal until August/September? I'm very interested to see where that goes.

They have my attention. Shit.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I'd expect this to be the case since in the Easy Allies preview they mention that IW told them that the voice/motion actors now match the likeness/voice of the characters. They're using performance capture instead of how they did with the first MW where the character design, motion capture and voice were all the result of different people. Who whoever it playing price looks exactly like that, mustache included apparently.

Huh, interesting........That makes sense, I guess. Though I do remember some characters in the MW trilogy sharing their VA's likenesses. Vladimir Makarov is a good example who was voiced by Roman Varshavsky and I think Shephard looked like Lance Henriksen, etc.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely very interested after having not played a CoD campaign since Black Ops III left the most awful taste in my mouth imaginable.

I've heard Infinite Warfare's was good, but it's still $60 for a 3 year old game and like a 70GB download on my data capped internet just for a 5 hour campaign, so I'm just not gonna fuck with that.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
I'm definitely very interested after having not played a CoD campaign since Black Ops III left the most awful taste in my mouth imaginable.

I've heard Infinite Warfare's was good, but it's still $60 for a 3 year old game and like a 70GB download on my data capped internet just for a 5 hour campaign, so I'm just not gonna fuck with that.

Infinite Warfare is an absolutely amazing campaign. Possibly the best in the series, only second to MW1/2.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure you could grab it at Gamestop for like $5 at this point lol

Jul 18, 2018
Modern weapons and no more futuristic stuff?!!! Count me in! The trailer was amazing, hopefully all that is in game assets. Not like the previous campaigns were not visually stunning, but still I'm hyped. Woooooooooo

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I bet I am the only one in this...but I would LOVE local multiplayer up to four friends, each able to level up. It's been stripped away since MW2. :(

Oct 25, 2017
If MP is character specific, I guess those special edition packs are actually complete characters,

If they put main characters as MP operators im going to guess,
War Pig = Griggs or Vasquez
Crew Expendable = Gaz or Walcroft
All Ghillied Up = Price or MacMillan

Last edited:

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What? I paid $10 for IW + MWR like 6 months go.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying not to get overhyped. This is the CoD cycle every year and they never fail to make it look cool. Will be fun to see this thread when it actually releases lol.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't really given a shit about CoD since MW2.

This is the first one I'm legitimately excited for in a LONG time.

Love the idea of a more strategic, tactical multiplayer. Graphically, it looks great.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
$60 on Steam, sorry. I would play it on PC, if at all.

I do believe the campaign is good, it's just... they make it hard for PC players that only want to play the campaign. It's a large download size for a lot of content I won't play and a high price for its age.
For what it's worth, if I'm remembering correctly, you can choose what parts of Infinite Warfare to install because each component is listed as DLC. So you can just uncheck everything but the campaign and only download that part of the game.

At least, I think that's how it works. I know it is for BO3, but I'm pretty sure it was the same for IW too.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, if I'm remembering correctly, you can choose what parts of Infinite Warfare to install because each component is listed as DLC. So you can just uncheck everything but the campaign and only download that part of the game.

At least, I think that's how it works. I know it is for BO3, but I'm pretty sure it was the same for IW too.
Okay I'll wishlist it for a sale then. It has Brian "BJ Blazkowicz" Bloom, so I'm at least interested just for him.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$60 on Steam, sorry. I would play it on PC, if at all.

I do believe the campaign is good, it's just... they make it hard for PC players that only want to play the campaign. It's a large download size for a lot of content I won't play and a high price for its age.
Oh crap, that's too bad. The campaign is really good but yeah, it is a HUGE download.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops 4 included the healing aspect which I think is the coolest thing CoD has done since MW2 additions.

Really wondering how CoD would be if it went away from the arcade aspect and tried to be more grounded.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Feels like there isn't going to be a beta for the MP 🤔 usually they announce that with the first trailer no?

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
BTW, the fact that the Freedom Fighters are fighting against the Soviets doesn't mean it won't have any moral ambiguity wrt America; what with the US arming the Mujihadeen, many of whom became the Taliban.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping these operators actually do a good job of making each PvP fight feel unique like OW and Siege.