• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Treyarch has a good balance to their aesthetic,
Treyarch also puts effort into the secondary bundle items like Mastercrafts, finishers and vehicle skins
heck even the calling cards and such are better and don't look like something an AI generated for a mobile game like Mobile Strike

Hundreds to thousands of posts on Twitter and Reddit simply asking for the campaign skins or others they keep teasing the fanbase with(Soap MWII skin, Ghost in bluejeans)
And they will do 1 or 2 grounded skins a season and it's this shit
Ivr3Bwl.jpg
wAHnfeL.jpg
kC8AGRJ.jpeg

They also used
Pi5BK76.jpg

in the season opening then they weren't in the BP or bundle or even in the files atm.
and if they are coming with Reloaded they haven't been advertised like the majority of other upcoming bundles.
Also... why snow skins when there is 1 snow map in the game?

If they are literally not going to do any grounded skins, why bother with grounded boring maps?

I still miss the Milsim skins from the 360 era. At a glance it was easy to see who's an enemy and who isn't just based off their attire, and that's not even including the nameplates to help even more.

Now there's so much random shit for skins I don't recognize who is a ranger or spetsnaz, and I'm left hoping I can see their red gamertag before it's too late.

Oct 25, 2017
I still miss the Milsim skins from the 360 era. At a glance it was easy to see who's an enemy and who isn't just based off their attire, and that's not even including the nameplates to help even more.

Now there's so much random shit for skins I don't recognize who is a ranger or spetsnaz, and I'm left hoping I can see their red gamertag before it's too late.
For me it's like to the point they should just do what BO3, BO4 and Vanguard did and eliminate the faction all together and just pick your one character that gets used for either side.
Just put red lights on like BO3, BO4 and Mobile have

I really liked how Modern Warfare Remastered handled the whole thing where no matter what customization you did to your character
Marines were tan
Spetsnaz were mostly green
OpFor was all black
SAS were mostly black

but I guess they just weren't appealing enough cosmetics to sell.

They go so hard on the theming for Rebirth for example and the the characters are 90% knock off Teletubbies and mascots, and random shit

The skins they are just loading the shop up with this year are so extreme they are Fortnite level which at that point why shouldn't I just play Fortnite when it looks the same but they put more effort into every aspect of that game.

There are other elements adding to my frustration like zombies having almost no content and rewards, then they have
mw3-dokkaebi-warlord.jpg
how-to-find-and-defeat-warlord-keres-mw3-zombies.jpg

Which are basically recolored BP skins
GBAGiaXWcAAR5T7.jpg
6wGaby5.png

why not you know offer them as a reward for defeating them in zombies

Last edited:

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
i'm confused af w the multiplayer hub. i think i have MW2? thought i had MW3 lmao totally forgot.. re downloaded and now this new menu is so confusing. is MW3 just a map pack basically and i can still play w the userbase of MW2 and 3??

Oct 25, 2017
Man seeing all the Tarkov controversy makes me wish DMZ wasn't completely killed for a Zombies mode they cared even less about
So much potential they just tossed out

i'm confused af w the multiplayer hub. i think i have MW2? thought i had MW3 lmao totally forgot.. re downloaded and now this new menu is so confusing. is MW3 just a map pack basically and i can still play w the userbase of MW2 and 3??
MWIII suff is entirely blocked off from MWII stuff,
however MWII guns, characters and a handful of maps are in MWIII

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Man seeing all the Tarkov controversy makes me wish DMZ wasn't completely killed for a Zombies mode they cared even less about
So much potential they just tossed out
DMZ would need a huge overhaul to be considered a Tarkov competitor. For one, actual loot progression lol.

There just wasn't enough there to entice the extraction shooter crowd. It was basically Warzone without a shrinking circle.

Oct 25, 2017
DMZ would need a huge overhaul to be considered a Tarkov competitor. For one, actual loot progression lol.

There just wasn't enough there to entice the extraction shooter crowd. It was basically Warzone without a shrinking circle.
It would never be Tarkov and after the reaction to MWIII's campaign reuse I don't know if anyone would agree with me but I feel like a direction they could have went after further revisions is a combination of Campaign, DMZ, Spec-Ops and Raids into 1 cohesive persistent PvPvE mode.

I wouldn't get rid of traditional campaign at all but if for example they did more of the openworld missions on a Warzone map id work them in.

basically id take DMZ as it was and upgrade the playercount to the maximum possible on that map(100 hypothetically)
Id make it a never ending map(To counter this the harder faction missions would have a timer)
id take Headquarters from WWII and establish that somewhere on the map
call-of-duty-ww2-headquarters-division-prestige.jpg

Id change the overall DMZ system to where you have to pick 1 of 3 factions(at the start) Black Mous, White Lotus, Legion and you only do stuff for that faction.
also to adjust the PvP element that nearly ruined DMZ1, you can only attack the other 2 DMZ factions and only they can attack you.
You can also only be attacked in PvP if you have a DMZ faction missions active.
The big map would feature bases of each faction full of NPCs, while other maps like Vodel would have a home faction and an attacking faction
Id also have daily, weekly and seasonal DMZ missions that refresh on said cycles

In addition to general loot you'd get faction points and there would be a faction store,
id have each faction with 3 tiers of skins and blueprints for every character and weapon that cost a significant amount of credits/resources.

Now in addition to DMZ Spec-Ops would be incorporated into this as well, these would mostly be MW19 style but some would be MWII style.
some missions would be extremely basic "Go kill 100 Al Qatala soldiers in Urzikstan" and it would just be done on the DMZ map.
All the Warzone/DMZ/Zombies contracts would be available as well(obviously Hunt contract is blocked to DMZ mission players)

Some missions however load you into an instanced mission that can either be on that same map or elsewhere, this would be done like the story missions in zombies and the Dark Aether zone.

Lastly the Raids can be a bit more streamlined(As apparently they weren't popular in MWII) and they would also work like the Zombies stuff however these would be extremely difficult and could be set up like some of the harder DMZ1 missions.

Spec-Ops missions would be done through campaign factions like 141, Shadow Company, ULF and they'd have their own renown and shops

Lastly id add systems where faction kills, looting, etc is measured and recorded and have winning factions on daily, weekly and seasonal level that would give special rewards and bonuses for their shops.

Oh and id add extremely, extremely rare lootable cosmetics(at least 1skin per character and 1 blueprint per class)

Every season you'd get easy content to milk the faction stores as well
This skin in the BP?
latest

just apply faction palette swap to it ala
latest

latest

latest

Still think its dumb how bad the rewards were in DMZ and they couldn't splurge for a few more simple palette swaps.
Sad thing is they made a few more they just never added like
FrSUk4sWwAMUfjq.png

That was supposed to be a Legion reward to match that Konig
Also suck Zemo and Konig got 3rd tier skins in DMZ but Roze never got a 3rd tier Blackmous skin

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
Did the update break reloading for anyone else?

If I move while reloading, it cancels the reload. I have the perk for reloading while sprinting active.

Now I have to make sure I am not moving, hit the reload button, then wait until the weapon is reloaded before moving again.

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish there were bundles with skins for both factions. Feels dumb to drop so much money for skins that won't show up in half your games.
I honestly at this point think they had the right idea with Ghosts,AW,BO3,BO4, Vanguard and what Cold War originally was going to do but people complained

Just remove the factions at this point beyond Spec-Ops and OpFor.
Just pick your character and you are on 1 of the 2 teams.

The faction roster make no sense and there is no theme or aesthetic they need to uphold anymore.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I'm just perplexed how a multi-million dollar studio can't figure out stable servers. I think I had maybe 5 matches since launch where no packet burst, latency variation or random "your profile was signed out" occurred. It is so frustrating just trying to boot up MP for 3 matches and not being able to complete any of those.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just perplexed how a multi-million dollar studio can't figure out stable servers. I think I had maybe 5 matches since launch where no packet burst, latency variation or random "your profile was signed out" occurred. It is so frustrating just trying to boot up MP for 3 matches and not being able to complete any of those.
Yup, every game of Rebirth last night of Trios was either 9 ping of 45+ with 10ish% packet loss.

But we can then play BR on the huge map with way more players and have better connections most of the night.

Its killing Ranked for us ATM

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, they weren't joking about the reloading while sprinting being broken, I thought it would just be here and there but it fails in every single situation

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, they weren't joking about the reloading while sprinting being broken, I thought it would just be here and there but it fails in every single situation
I stopped using commando gloves to fix the problem. Another solution is to disable auto tactical sprint in the menu.

I tried using the new boots that make you faster, but disable tactical sprinting. My character feels too slow without tactical sprint though.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Yea the mp in this is good, not perfect ofc, but this (along with CW) are probably my favorite of the Warzone era CoD MPs; they've been crushing it too in terms of content, playlist changes, and just general balancing and changes (except for spawns for whatever reason). Like, I can't imagine IW even thinking of giving a players the option of having tac sprint movement or classic sprint

Oct 25, 2017
I finally picked this up on sale and I do not get the vitriol I've seen towards this game's multiplayer. I'm having a blast.
Where you seeing vitriol (besides me here)? All i see is people acting like Sledgehammer are gods suddenly because they simply listened to at least some portion of the community compared to Infinity Ward who don't even pretend to care about feedback after the beta is out.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay. The dual 1887s make up for how inconsistent the rest of the shotguns feel right now. Hilarious shit.

Feel like they completely neutered the dual trigger 300. And the lockwood 680 were consistently taking two shots. Fucking piss poor output.