HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Might take a break this weekend til these glitches get fixed. Thankfully marvel rivals is this weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
Dataminers seem to think S4 BP operators will be Black Ops 3/4 operators.
Nomad, Battery and Reaper so far

Hopefully Seraph as well

latest

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Karen Fukuhara plays one of the leads in The Boys

Oooooh, see, this is me not clicking the tweet and just seeing the crop lol

It would be crazy for a 3rd crossover event. I wonder if it will actually be in MWIII though or BO6.

To which...

Have we heard if the carry forward is continuing to BO6? Cause I still feel like it's a pandora's box that they opened up.

Oct 25, 2017
Oooooh, see, this is me not clicking the tweet and just seeing the crop lol

It would be crazy for a 3rd crossover event. I wonder if it will actually be in MWIII though or BO6.

To which...

Have we heard if the carry forward is continuing to BO6? Cause I still feel like it's a pandora's box that they opened up.
it could be for MWIII, their mocap and scanning equipment was still used for much of MWIII despite it being Sledgehammer's thing.
Especially with Sledgehammer's offices being closed .

Show returns in June I think so a 3rd event could make sense around S4 reloaded

Nope we haven't.
Personally I hope they do but done a little differently

Like nothing carries forward till S1 startes
Also maybe only guns that carry forward should be guns with relative guns of that era like AK47, M16 etc
So the MWII M16 would be the Gulf War M16 with a new older style blueprint skin
while all the most modern stuff like the MCW are Warzone and maybe zombies exclusive

I think we are in a world where they can't cut operators and skins, there's just no reason to other than aesthetics and they will destroy those with their own skins with a few seasons.
Weapons are kinda different with balance and such being so important

If they do full carryforwards I kinda hope Treyarch just establishes that Gulf War MP is the virtual war simulator that BO3 and BO4 were part of.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
it could be for MWIII, their mocap and scanning equipment was still used for much of MWIII despite it being Sledgehammer's thing.
Especially with Sledgehammer's offices being closed .

Show returns in June I think so a 3rd event could make sense around S4 reloaded

Nope we haven't.
Personally I hope they do but done a little differently

Like nothing carries forward till S1 startes
Also maybe only guns that carry forward should be guns with relative guns of that era like AK47, M16 etc
So the MWII M16 would be the Gulf War M16 with a new older style blueprint skin
while all the most modern stuff like the MCW are Warzone and maybe zombies exclusive

I think we are in a world where they can't cut operators and skins, there's just no reason to other than aesthetics and they will destroy those with their own skins with a few seasons.
Weapons are kinda different with balance and such being so important

If they do full carryforwards I kinda hope Treyarch just establishes that Gulf War MP is the virtual war simulator that BO3 and BO4 were part of.

I feel like the only way for them is to somehow figure out a way to basically detatch guns from blueprints.

Like, you mentioned the idea that a Gulf War M16 is literally just the MWII M16 but with an older default skin, but maybe they need to just say: "Well this gun is like this gun so it can now use blueprints from that gun" and the gun itself functions like whatever the base gun/attachments are.

Obviously the downside would be that with these, you wouldn't be able to mix and match attachments unless it was a Gulf War blueprint specifically. So MWII and MWIII Blueprints would just be as the gun looks like with the blueprint on unchanged, which I don't think would be a bad thing.

So like this 3 round AR Burst from Gulf War can use all the blueprints from this MWIII 3 round AR burst gun

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the only way for them is to somehow figure out a way to basically detatch guns from blueprints.

Like, you mentioned the idea that a Gulf War M16 is literally just the MWII M16 but with an older default skin, but maybe they need to just say: "Well this gun is like this gun so it can now use blueprints from that gun" and the gun itself functions like whatever the base gun/attachments are.

Obviously the downside would be that with these, you wouldn't be able to mix and match attachments unless it was a Gulf War blueprint specifically. So MWII and MWIII Blueprints would just be as the gun looks like with the blueprint on unchanged, which I don't think would be a bad thing.

So like this 3 round AR Burst from Gulf War can use all the blueprints from this MWIII 3 round AR burst gun
Yup,
We just absolutely don't need another M4a1->XM4 situation

rebalance it mechanically however they want, like it can be a mostly different weapon technically but just make it accept the MWII-MWIII skins

So much of the current weapon roster works well for Gulf War as is

And then for "new" guns there are a lot that would fit and make sense to bring back from MW19 and Cold War

OTS-14_Groza.jpg
1024px-Stgw_90.jpg
1024px-DM-SD-98-00176.JPEG

I'm still amazed that with as much focus the series has on the British their main gun is always such an after thought (I know the SAS don't like or use it)
Buts it's also weird as its another gun they can use as a weapon family

Though thinking on it it kinda brings up the question,
should Blueprints and especially Mastercrafts eventually just come with an automatic overlay where no matter what you do to it it looks like its supposed to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A known dataminer/leaker has details on the next CoDs. Ghosts will will be a reboot of the title and will be a prequel to MW 2019. Advanced Warfare will be near future.

Take with a grain of salt as always.

View: https://twitter.com/zvis_ceral/status/1789753516757524538?t=TgLWzJIJxMIHkwAJPnzc8w&s=19

Ain't no way they're doing another Ghosts. Even if they focus on the character Ghost rather than any ideas from Ghosts, they're still going to call it something else, even if it's just Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Ghost or something.

Advanced Warfare is fantastic to hear though. I've hoped they would return to that universe and gameplay for a long time.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Ghosts, the game everyone absolutely rags on. Let's return to that stupid universe, at least it had dogs.
Ghosts will be a reboot. Since it's a prequel, I'm guessing it's gonna focus on Ghost the character. An origin story perhaps.
Ain't no way they're doing another Ghosts. Even if they focus on the character Ghost rather than any ideas from Ghosts, they're still going to call it something else, even if it's just Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Ghost or something.

Advanced Warfare is fantastic to hear though. I've hoped they would return to that universe and gameplay for a long time.
A Ghost focused story might be cool. Wasn't MW3 originally supposed to be an expansion that focuses on Ghost? Probably something similar.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Trying to imagine a Ghosts reboot...

her-arresteddevelopment.gif

Just don't see the point or the appeal. Then again, I'd make dark sacrifices to get an Infinite Warfare 2, so I don't have too much room to judge.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Question is...

If "Ghosts" is meant to be a prequel to MW19.

Then wouldn't one assume that Advanced Warfare won't actually be continuing that original storyline and instead be the first "Near Future" of the "Unified" CoD timeline? Cause it hasn't really been clear if BO2 (the "present day" part) or even BO3/4 are still "canon" anymore.

That or their going to Canonize Advanced Warfare as the "future" of the unified timeline.

So it could be:

World at War / Vanguard / WWII -> Black Ops 1 -> BOCW -> Black Ops 2 Past Segment -> BO6 -> MW "Ghost" -> MW19 -> MWII -> MWIII -> Advanced Warfare -> Advanced Warfare 2.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I will say, if they do want to make Advanced Warfare part of the Unified Timeline, it makes sense, nothing AFAIK in that game contradicts what has been established thus far.

It's also set far enough away (2054 - 2061) that they realistically don't need to worry about any "present day" games, like more MW entries, getting too close to it for a very very long time unless we're still playing CoD in the 2050's lol

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Activision already said the best selling games are those in modern day or near future, so bringing back Advanced Warfare makes sense.

We're definitely not seeing jetpacks return. Probably some other gimmick like augmentations or something.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Advanced Warfare didn't have jetpacks. It had the boost jump. Overall, AW was more grounded than BO3 and Infinite Warfare in its gameplay. It didn't go quite as far with the "advanced" part of its name as the games that followed it did.

And I hope they keep the boost jump. It was a nice middle-ground imo. It was fun to use, and it helped add a bit more verticality to the gameplay without going too wild though I still think the jetpack in BO3 and IW was also completely fine and I will never understand the kneejerk reaction to it.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for the return of advanced movement, I wouldn't want 3 straight games of it again, but having a new one would be fun

Oct 25, 2017
looking at those "leaks" I wonder how the community will take to jet packs nowadays lol.
I'd take Black Ops III movement back, Advanced I likely won't buy the game at all.
its already a Sledgehammer game so...
Advanced Warfare was literally the worst COD to me with my least playtime until Vanguard..

Advanced was just so boring as an aesthetic as well. BOII, BOIII, BOIIII and IW all have massively better futuristic aesthetics

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Full auto mod for M16 this week on offer as the weekly challenge reward.

Gonna build out a Tony Montana setup for MWZ when done.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I inadvertently got distracted by other games for most of the season, and have 61 ranks left before I max out the season pass. What's the quickest way to grind for tokens?

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Na, guess I'll forget about finishing this one. I can do it but I'd have to exclusively play it for a week and I cbf lol

Was this a shorter period? I feel like it didn't last as long.

Yeah it definitely feels shorter. I've been super busy the last few weeks and haven't had much time to game but even after buying Blackcell this season I still have like 35% left 😅