• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Vanguard has been unplayable. trying to change Nat to Open doesn't do anything and even with On Demand Texture Streaming off I still get Pack Burst through out the game

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Ever since the Season One release I have had a nightmare situation on PC.

Constant crashes (can't even get to the menu 90% of the time) - have tried nearly every published solution, reinstalled about 20x, have wiped and reinstalled Battle.net a bunch of times, and I'm at my wits end.

This is probably the last game I purchase from Activision - just completely ridiculous that everything was fine, and then an update borks the whole thing.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nope not yet.

I assume ~35 minutes from now.
I just managed to play a few matches and there is no issues while playing. I tend to be mostly lenient towards ingame bugs but damn I am very surprised about the laggy menus. Since its literacy starting the game and going to loadout.

Also on the questions of bugs, for the AS44, the kovalevskaya 615mm barrel aka the first one you unlock, doesnt mention an decrease to ADS time. However in the details, there is a big fucking ADS decrease. Is this a bug via text description or just the fucking game issue showing a wrong value?

Looking at the other barrels for the AS44, the burst one mentions a decrease in ADS but the detail doesnt show a ADS decrease..

This game is finally pushing my tolerances with all these fucking issues.

Naru

May 11, 2019
No tier skips for me so far. Double XP is on though. Shipment map looks the same. Get your shit together Sledgehammer.
Free Kills playlist but I have no idea what that does.

Also Incendiary Grenade has pretty much ruined Shipment for me. The map was obnoxious before but it is 10 times worse now with constant fire and smoke. I constantly spawn in fire too and die instantly.

Last edited:

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I was away from this game for couple of weeks and now it's suddenly a technical mess (not that it was great before)? The menus are now constantly unresponsive but much worse than that, I have constant packet bursts and latency variation in the game now. In-game latency seems fine, pinging various hosts in command prompt tells me it's not my connection. I turned off texture streaming but that didn't do anything, nor should it because I have plenty of bandwidth even if it was constantly downloading something. Matchmaking seems pretty messed up too, maybe one in three times it runs for couple of minutes not finding anything and then I end up alone in a lobby that never fills. When I do get into a game, it's always game in progress, I've yet to start a match from the beginning.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
It's barely playable for me anymore.
I managed to get into two matches within a whole hour and had constant issues with the menu and lagging games (packet burst as well).
Gonna drop this for now. What a shame, since I like the core of the game.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely seeing more Packet Bursts. I figured it was just because I hadn't played in a few weeks. It isn't entirely ruining matches but does make for an unreliable experience sometimes.

took a few weeks of to play some Halo and wanted to come back Vanguard to see the Christmas stuff and damn if it still isn't a lot of fun

Naru

May 11, 2019
I also have issues viewing the skins in the menu. Sometimes the weapon and operator models aren't loading or they are out of focus or offset or too much zoomed in etc. This game is a mess currently.

The constant camera shake actually made me sick today while trying to complete the "play 15 games on shipment". This is insane even if you lower the camera movement in the settings. Who thought this is a good idea?

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Spawns are straight up broken. I believe the way it works is it thinks your the enemy team because I spawned with 4 enemy teams in Shipment rather than spawning with my team

And I ran into racist Trump clan spouting the N word. They lost but I do hope they get banned

Naru

May 11, 2019
Turning off voice chat AND text chat is the first thing I do in any competitive game.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm not sure, but it feels like this game has some of the most aggressive match making I've ever come across.

I will do really well in 1 game, 30 kills, 8 captures and MVP. The next 2 or 3 games I get matched against kids that are able to jump shot sniper me from 300 yards like its nothing. I'm deleted the second I even pop my head out to take a look. It's weird.

Id much prefer to stay in the game with the same group of people going from game to game, it's strange that it match makes you with a new group every match.

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cold War seems to have at least eased on the SBMM. Unless it's tied with Vanguard's which my KR is .98 and 1.21 in Cold War

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I really wish people farming kills would stay out of domination and that they'd remove the v2 from objective games. It ruins what would otherwise be a competitive game mode. I've had several games come down to the last few points and someone who has zero captures has set off a v2.

In my last game some asshole had zero captures and 121 kills and was able to set off the v2.

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The carbine is such a good an awful weapon at the same time because of the blur

I really wish people farming kills would stay out of domination and that they'd remove the v2 from objective games. It ruins what would otherwise be a competitive game mode. I've had several games come down to the last few points and someone who has zero captures has set off a v2.

In my last game some asshole had zero captures and 121 kills and was able to set off the v2.

They should remove shotguns. It's MW2 level of broken

Last edited:

Naru

May 11, 2019
I just unlocked the Incendiary Grenade. They need to remove this thing. Not tune it or anything, remove it. This thing is completely unnecessary. It's the most obnoxious thing I have seen... the camera shake, the smoke, the fire.... please make it stop!

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Welp must be my turn with Timmy No Thumbs on my team. Seriously how can people enjoy the game going 2 and 20 every single game. Also I'm getting tired of games taking almost 4 minutes to fill up all the spots.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to try and level up some of the snipers on double XP and holy hell, who signed off on these things. They are basically non-viable in this game, the ads times are insane - overpowered shotguns and underpowered snipers is not a COD balance choice I am a fan of.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Control is fun but damn this game got boring quick. Like the inclusion of a Polynesian operator at least.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I don't hate Shipment, but I don't like it either. But it's the only map I am doing consistently well in any CoD. Not sure why. Probably because I have no situational awareness and rarely look at the mini map and in Shipment it's just point and shoot. I would be the king of a "no mini map CoD" I think lol

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Blitz on domination was pretty OK, having the extra people means you always have at least 2 or 3 people capping the objectives. There will always be people farming kills, but ive been having fun pushing for the win.

However, I see they've added shipment to the domination rotation. Which is stupid. There's no way of capping anything. You just have to pray that the RNG gods decide to spawn you on one of the objectives and that you can stay there long enough to get the cap.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Radar keeps turning up in the S.S.D.D. playlist. The map might have been called Dome in MW3 but I don't accept its inclusion here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Just need 3 more levels on the Auto and I got all AR's to max level. Depending on how long this Double everything goes, I'm debating if I want to maybe level an SMG or just begin the camo grind.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
Blitz on domination was pretty OK, having the extra people means you always have at least 2 or 3 people capping the objectives. There will always be people farming kills, but ive been having fun pushing for the win.

However, I see they've added shipment to the domination rotation. Which is stupid. There's no way of capping anything. You just have to pray that the RNG gods decide to spawn you on one of the objectives and that you can stay there long enough to get the cap.

My buddy and I got a 7v7 shipment domination game the other day. Dumbest thing ever. At the very least it was good for grinding gun levels but that's about it

Naru

May 11, 2019
I'm debating if I want to maybe level an SMG or just begin the camo grind.
Honest question because I never understood this: Why do you feel the need to do this? Because you really want those camos? Or is it because there is a "challenge" and you feel the need to do it because it's there? Or why?

For me personally I absolutely hate all the "XP bars" on anything in games like CoD. If I have maxed a gun or or operator I really like I am supposed to go to the next one and level that gun or that operator although I just unlocked the best skin that looks really cool, which I unlocked at max level or just got the best gun attachment which is also max level or close to it. But playing with a maxed gun or operator is not a good idea because there are 50 more and playing with a maxed gun or operator or whatever is wasted XP that could go to other stuff.
Most of the time I just say fuck it. I have unlocked that skin for that character and I just play him or her and fuck all the other ones. Same for guns. 3 or 4 I like with a camo I unlocked at random or whatever and that is cool. Fuck off game, with all your never ending XP bars lol That's why I am asking. No offense to people that like that stuff though.

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I cannot bring myself to go back playing the Campaign. All it does is giving a character a gimmick and stopped in Petrova's second mission because it's a bad version of Doom Eternal. And it doesn't help that the visibility being worse in the campaign and having a character's special ability being a aimbotter/ Wall hacking.

When I play Numa Numa, I think about the Campaign from World At War done worse. You had Japanese soldiers coming from Spider Holes, shouting Banzai as their charging you with their Bayonet and giving you time and a second chance if they charge at you. It's already been done but better

Naru

May 11, 2019
What is the point of the "Deep Breath" proficiency for longer hold breath duration on Assault rifles if it just works for Sniper and Marksman rifles?