• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've not really played since a few weeks after launch (so like mid November). Have they fixed some of the big issues, so HQ being empty, and it taking about 5 minutes to join a match?

I was enjoying it (wouldn't say it's my favourite or anywhere near mind you), but I like CoD for the fact you used to be able to put the disc in, and be on an online match in under a minute, then you could just stay in and load from match to match. With this, it was 5 minute wait, play a match, 8 people leave, 5 minutes pass, 12 people join, 2 leave, another 5 minute wait, 12 people join, match starts.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah its fine now, HQ works great and gives a nice sense of community. Matchmaking is super fast for me.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm just waiting for them to activate the events in Headquarters, game's been out for a month and a half now and that's still not working and I haven't seen Sledgehammer mention it as well. Also, I've now unlocked both the Gewehr 43 and Sten by getting them from Supply Drops lol.

Last edited:

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm pretty much at the point where where when I play Team Deathmatch the only thing that kills me is sniper rifles because everybody's walking around with them.

Since some of the maps are so huge you simply can't go down certain routes because guys sit there with sniper rifles.

I am also trying to get the assault rifles diamond and I am-1 bloodthirsty away. I'm using the FG 42 which is probably the shittiest gun in the game. I've been stuck on for forever. I'll kill for people and some bullshit Random grenade wil kill me.

Last edited:

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rapid fire is terrible, you get about 5% extra fire rate at the cost of more recoil, probably the worst attachment you could use. Grip and quickdraw every time.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Rapid fire is terrible, you get about 5% extra fire rate at the cost of more recoil, probably the worst attachment you could use. Grip and quickdraw every time.
You don't get it with the FG42. Again. I play on PC, so no idea how it is on console. I'm a SMG/Sniper user on console. No point on using any other weapons to me while playing COD on console. Grip and quickdraw is ass in this game. it has been proven.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I haven't played in 3 days and do not miss the game one bit. I was hoping the winter event would get me interested or incentivize me to play, but getting nothing but crap out of the winter packages does nothing for me. I think I might be finally at the end of my time with this game, I'll probably hop on after Christmas with friends just to take out all the new people but I think I'm going to grab MWR and dive into that instead this year.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played in 3 days and do not miss the game one bit. I was hoping the winter event would get me interested or incentivize me to play, but getting nothing but crap out of the winter packages does nothing for me. I think I might be finally at the end of my time with this game, I'll probably hop on after Christmas with friends just to take out all the new people but I think I'm going to grab MWR and dive into that instead this year.

Yeah definitely starting to feel the fatigue with this game. Gun Game is absolutely infuriating and is the prime example of everything that is wrong with the game. Bad maps, horrible hit detection, etc. Not to mention the drops I've been getting have literally been nothing but duplicates. I got two epic gun variants in one winter drop which would have been cool, if they literally both weren't the same variant I had pulled last week. This shit is heinous and is making me want to stop playing WW2 and try my luck with R6 Siege or go back to IW.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't get it with the FG42. Again. I play on PC, so no idea how it is on console. I'm a SMG/Sniper user on console. No point on using any other weapons to me while playing COD on console. Grip and quickdraw is ass in this game. it has been proven.

Where has it been proven that grip and quickdraw are are ass? Quickdraw is a noticably faster ADS time, grip isnt perfect but it does reduce recoil to some extent. Much more useful to console players than 5% fire rate increase with recoil penalties.

Yay, got the winter LMG, so cool

Youre kidding right? 7 second reload time, 4-6 hit kill hitmarker machine, 30 magazine size, famously terrible weapon. All LMGs in WW2 are ass, they should be 3 hit kills at close to mid to compensate for the handling.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Where has it been proven that grip and quickdraw are are ass? Quickdraw is a noticably faster ADS time, grip isnt perfect but it does reduce recoil to some extent. Much more useful to console players than 5% fire rate increase with recoil penalties.

Ass. Only like two guns it kinda helps, but is random. And look at his Quickdraw breakdown as well. I had to reconfigure my key bindings in order to get it to work properly. It got to the point it was too much and messing up my hard scope sniping so I put it back to the way it was. From the jump a lot of people felt grip was ass(Even myself felt it). And Ace proved it. Same with QD.

Last edited:

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen that video and it's inaccurate ( pardon the pun), on console grip is super important and quickdraw isnt even a debate. It's faster, simples.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
I've seen that video and it's inaccurate ( pardon the pun), on console grip is super important and quickdraw isnt even a debate. It's faster, simples.
Those testings are on console, not the PC. Ace does in depth testing just like Driftor. Even during the height of this thread some mentioned how grip is useless from console players. And quickdraw is up for debate due to sprint outtime, so is useless unless you are walking like a damn snail. So provide data that backs your statment. Because I have not seen any. Reddit, COD forums and Youtube.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those testings are on console, not the PC. Ace does in depth testing just like Driftor. Even during the height of this thread some mentioned how grip is useless from console players. And quickdraw is up for debate due to sprint outtime, so is useless unless you are walking like a damn snail. So provide data that backs your statment. Because I have not seen any. Reddit, COD forums and Youtube.

Yes obviously Ace's videos are on console, almost no one plays COD on PC. I didnt want to be rude and dismiss your advice as having come from a PC perspective, but your tech issues with keybinding and the fact that you dont play it on console make your advice, and im sorry to be unkind, not usable for most people in the thread. Of course mouse aiming is easier to correct recoil with, while on console, it does have a noticable effect. You can use random spray patterns on walls in testing, they are a rough guide for sure, but when you equip a grip on a gun on console WW2, it becomes easier to manage, especially when burst firing. Fact, end of, thats how it works.

If you had the console game you could test it, it really does take the edge off the recoil...we'll see when the hard stats come out, and they do tweak these things every patch. For me..grip makes it feel better, noticably, not placebo effect. The sprint out time I agree is irritating, but the maps are so small on this game its very feasible to spend a lot of time in walk mode, quickdraw on your gun, fast ADSing at threats. Not everyone runs around, and for me, quickdraw is effective. Oh and rapid fire has been useless in COD for years, if we're talking waste of attachments.

Id be happy to hear feedback from anyone else on what they think of grip attachments and rapid fire, console players preferably.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I play strictly HC modes. I tend to use the grip and quickdraw on all weapons. I do put rapid fire on the M1 Carbine, Type 100, and Karabin. Using the Elite Controller allows me to pull out more shots on those single shot weapons specifically. I also am putting the "perk that gets you scorestreaks quicker" on more of my kits now.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Yes obviously Ace's videos are on console, almost no one plays COD on PC. I didnt want to be rude and dismiss your advice as having come from a PC perspective, but your tech issues with keybinding and the fact that you dont play it on console make your advice, and im sorry to be unkind, not usable for most people in the thread. Of course mouse aiming is easier to correct recoil with, while on console, it does have a noticable effect. You can use random spray patterns on walls in testing, they are a rough guide for sure, but when you equip a grip on a gun on console WW2, it becomes easier to manage, especially when burst firing. Fact, end of, thats how it works.

If you had the console game you could test it, it really does take the edge off the recoil...we'll see when the hard stats come out, and they do tweak these things every patch. For me..grip makes it feel better, noticably, not placebo effect. The sprint out time I agree is irritating, but the maps are so small on this game its very feasible to spend a lot of time in walk mode, quickdraw on your gun, fast ADSing at threats. Not everyone runs around, and for me, quickdraw is effective. Oh and rapid fire has been useless in COD for years, if we're talking waste of attachments.

Id be happy to hear feedback from anyone else on what they think of grip attachments and rapid fire, console players preferably.
No where did i say I was having tech issues. You even said yourself it barely does anything. I said in order for me to have quick draw to work like I want it to(Like the previous COD's)I had to do some key binding adjustment. I play COD on consoles and PC. The fact you are dismissing actual testing done on console and being passive aggressive by saying such statements as "No one plays COD on PC" is like me telling you straight up. "Yeah fam, is placebo." And Rapid Fire does freaking work on certain weapons. like the Haymaker, Shevia and KN-44 in BLOPS3 for example. And in this game it really helps with the MP40 to put it inline with the PPSH. You can look it up. Anyway If it helps your game like baseball players wearing fancy jewelry for good luck. Keep rocking it. But the fact you are dismissing data is mind boogling.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017

Ass. Only like two guns it kinda helps, but is random. And look at his Quickdraw breakdown as well. I had to reconfigure my key bindings in order to get it to work properly. It got to the point it was too much and messing up my hard scope sniping so I put it back to the way it was. From the jump a lot of people felt grip was ass(Even myself felt it). And Ace proved it. Same with QD.

Here's a person on Reddit who supposedly did extensive testing on gripand found it a little more useful. I'm on console and the only guns I'd really recommend grip on are the 2HK semi-autos, and some of the SMGs, the Waffe in particular.

QD is still helpful for guns with poor handling that you shouldn't be sprinting around with, e.g. FG42, the LMGs. You might want Steady Aim + Gunslinger on the SMGs to reduce SOT, but that feels like a bad hack with how less accurate hipfire is in CoD compared to other FPSes.

Rapid Fire is on personal taste. It's only 6% so if you do the raw TTK, RF looks like a waste. But unless you're using an aimbot, you're not hitting every shot, and RF makes more sense in more real scenarios, especially given how slow guns fire in this game. Example: RF on the Waffe saves 4ms, so in its 4HK range you save ~48ms given 12 shots to kill someone. Probably not worth it since you'd be making recoil worse, and there's better attachments But on the Type 100 within its 4HK range, you're saving 6ms between shots, so you're looking at 72ms difference with RF given the same scenario. That gun already has very low recoil so RF is worth a try.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Here's a person on Reddit who supposedly did extensive testing on gripand found it a little more useful. I'm on console and the only guns I'd really recommend grip on are the 2HK semi-autos, and some of the SMGs, the Waffe in particular.

QD is still helpful for guns with poor handling that you shouldn't be sprinting around with, e.g. FG42, the LMGs. You might want Steady Aim + Gunslinger on the SMGs to reduce SOT, but that feels like a bad hack with how less accurate hipfire is in CoD compared to other FPSes.

Rapid Fire is on personal taste. It's only 6% so if you do the raw TTK, RF looks like a waste. But unless you're using an aimbot, you're not hitting every shot, and RF makes more sense in more real scenarios, especially given how slow guns fire in this game. Example: RF on the Waffe saves 4ms, so in its 4HK range you save ~48ms given 12 shots to kill someone. Probably not worth it since you'd be making recoil worse, and there's better attachments But on the Type 100 within its 4HK range, you're saving 6ms between shots, so you're looking at 72ms difference with RF given the same scenario. That gun already has very low recoil so RF is worth a try.
Yes the Type 100 you need RF. Thats what I rock in HC. Read the comments in that thread. The damn thing is random compared to other COD's. Even Ace mentioned it.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No where did i say I was having tech issues. You even said yourself it barely does anything. I said in order for me to have quick draw to work like I want it to(Like the previous COD's)I had to do some key binding adjustment. I play COD on consoles and PC. The fact you are dismissing actual testing done on console and being passive aggressive by saying such statements as "No one plays COD on PC" is like me telling you straight up. "Yeah fam, is placebo." And Rapid Fire does freaking work on certain weapons. like the Haymaker and KN-44 in BLOPS3 for example. And in this game it really helps with the MP40 to put it inline with the PPSH. You can look it up. Anyway If it helps your game like baseball players wearing fancy jewelry for good luck. Keep rocking it. But the fact you are dismissing data is mind boogling.

You're getting a bit weird now with the baseball jewlry stuff, I dont know what that means. But anyway, you literally just posted about your pc tech issues with keybinding, you're advising console players to use the terrible rapid fire perk (which adds recoil) when you're a mouse player and dont own the console game. Yes of course rapid fire works on all the weapons but it adds nothing of benefit...all you get is 5% or less of extra firing speed and it adds a bunch of recoil. Its a waste of a slot. Any benefit it may give is instantly taken away because you miss more shots.

Im not ignoring testing, I read up on all the testing and watch videos, but I can tell you that in hand, on the ps4 WW2, using grip is absolutely decreasing my recoil. Ask other people if you dont believe me. The PPSH is a laser with grip on it, grip just makes guns feel nicer. I'm not making this up, happy to hear what other people think of it.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
You're getting a bit weird now with the baseball jewlry stuff, I dont know what that means. But anyway, you literally just posted about your pc tech issues with keybinding, you're advising console players to use the terrible rapid fire perk (which adds recoil) when you're a mouse player and dont own the console game. Yes of course rapid fire works on all the weapons but it adds nothing of benefit...all you get is 5% or less of extra firing speed and it adds a bunch of recoil. Its a waste of a slot. Any benefit it may give is instantly taken away because you miss more shots.

Im not ignoring testing, I read up on all the testing and watch videos, but I can tell you that in hand, on the ps4 WW2, using grip is absolutely decreasing my recoil. Ask other people if you dont believe me. The PPSH is a laser with grip on it, grip just makes guns feel nicer. I'm not making this up, happy to hear what other people think of it.
Rapid Fire is not terrible. Look at the numbers. And I have plenty of friends who play on the PS4 and they tell me the same thing(Not all).You obviously didn't understand the joke so I assume you are not from the states with the baseball jewelry comment. Probably you are right with aim assist and all that jazz on console could make a difference compared to shooting at wall for testing.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rapid Fire is not terrible. Look at the numbers. And I have plenty of friends who play on the PS4 and they tell me the same thing(Not all).You obviously didn't understand the joke so I assume you are not from the states with the baseball jewelry comment. Probably you are right with aim assist and all that jazz on console could make a difference compared to shooting at wall for testing.

Yeah im in the UK I didnt get your joke. I just dont see a benefit to the extra kicking for rapid fire for that extra 5% rate...thats not going to win you too many gunfights. I know its banned in competition etc, but I really dont see why, they've nerfed it into the ground over the years, I'd rather use something like advanced rifling.

I also must admit, I am suspicious of grip sometimes, I seem to remember it not actually doing a single thing in a recent COD, driftor doing a video on how it had literally no effect. I actually dont think any gun should have much recoil on a console shooter...the skill should be your tactics, game sense, positioning etc etc...not controlling a random recoil. It would be a level playing field for everyone if they just took recoil off....let us all shoot where we're aiming, its hard enough on a pad compared to a mouse.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
I also must admit, I am suspicious of grip sometimes, I seem to remember it not actually doing a single thing in a recent COD, driftor doing a video on how it had literally no effect. I actually dont think any gun should have much recoil on a console shooter...the skill should be your tactics, game sense, positioning etc etc...not controlling a random recoil. It would be a level playing field for everyone if they just took recoil off....let us all shoot where we're aiming, its hard enough on a pad compared to a mouse.
CoD has always had variance in recoil to an extent. And games with random recoil on pad can still feel great; Titanfall 2, my FPS of the generation, mostly had weapons with low, random recoil.

What bugs me about WW2 is the amount of variance between sprays. You don't know whether you'll get the god-tier spray, or if your gun will have a mind of its own (hello M1941.) That along with many other small factors make me feel that WW2's gunplay isn't to the typical CoD tightness.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I really am over how COD does their DLC.....

-I never play zombies yet I am forced to pay for it if I want the new maps.

-Now One of my 4 maps I get is tied to a specific game mode that
a. Not everyone plays that mode
b. Not everyone plays that mode all the time
c. I personally will never play because War is not a Hardcore Game Mode

-Because we have 1 of our 4 maps tied to the above we now only get 3 maps on an already diluted map count of 9.

-And 1 of the 3 maps is a redo of a map we already played before, yet we receive no discount on that even though Activision gets off cheap on production cost as it's only a reskin vs a completely new design.
~I know the reskin is nothing new as they have made a habit of using 1 of the 4 maps as a redo each dlc pack for a while, but it still irks me as I know how much cheaper it
is for them to do

I get it "it's business" which is why they make us pay $15.00 per DLC or $50.00 for everything.......BUT Activision has shown they CAN SELL SEPARATELY as they just did a Zombie only DLC for Black Ops 3. And to further that sentiment you can sell me SEPARATELY multiple Loot Boxes for all different prices and bundles, etc. BUT you can't sell me ONLY the multiplayer maps?!?!?

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of weird that they're remaking an Infinity Ward map, but I guess it fits within the scope of a WWII game.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CoD has always had variance in recoil to an extent. And games with random recoil on pad can still feel great; Titanfall 2, my FPS of the generation, mostly had weapons with low, random recoil.

What bugs me about WW2 is the amount of variance between sprays. You don't know whether you'll get the god-tier spray, or if your gun will have a mind of its own (hello M1941.) That along with many other small factors make me feel that WW2's gunplay isn't to the typical CoD tightness.

Yeah Ive been playing it since COD 2, and FPS games since forever. I get why we have to have it...its a handy balancing tool for them, gun too powerful, simply add recoil. Its a lazy method of achieving it though, I mean how many deaths do you have because your gun kicked in a weird way during a firefight. It annoys me that every year we get a game with variances in the guns, and they end up patching them all up with more recoil, the games usually feel worse after 6 months because theyve "balanced" all the guns by screwing them up.

I remember the original Quake 1 engine games where you hit where you aimed, and the skill was in the movement, bunnyhopping, prediction etc. and if you fired at a certain pixel point, thats where your bullet landed. Theres enough to contend with, with lag, client side prediction, lag comp, etc etc. I still love COD for what it is, but Id love to be able to stop fighting recoil.

On that note, what sensitivities do people use? Im currently on 7 horizontal 3 vertical, trying to find that balance between accuracy and speed. Debating even buying thumbstick extenders to get some more accuracy.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So is this saying that this map pack was already on the disc but was locked behind a paywall while we only got 9 maps?
Here's some of the pictures of what was datamined:
Occupied (MW3 Resistance remake):
PvAsvYL.png

Anthropoid (obvious place holder):
j0HKUty.png

Valkyrie:
1KAuXt4.png

Castle (could be the War map, looks unfinished):
bAMsRgw.png

So yeah, based on these pictures Occupied and Anthropoid were finished before launch.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm done buying maps for this series. It's time for them to join the program of no more paid DLC.

And I enjoy this game too, so I'm really only punishing myself.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They're never gonna do it, but they should just remake 4-5 fan favorite maps from previous BOTG games and release them for free. Alternatively, and this has been suggested before, they could cut the War maps up into smaller maps (if possible) and release those for free.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
A bad map from a bad game to boot.

This game is a disaster in everything but the core gameplay. It's fun, but it feels like SHG and Activision don't want it to be and are trying to make sure we can't have any.
Sad thing is people won't stand up to Activision's DLC practices. I haven't bought a season pass of cod since BO or MW3. And I don't plan to ever again for a COD

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I really hope the DLC maps are good, because if they aren't I'm done with Sledgehammer as a developer. What blows my mind the most is the insane amount of headglitches on all these maps.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Playable on the Xbox One yet?

Whelp, looks like its fine now on Xbox. Played a couple hours with not a single disconnect, not a single game where I felt lag comped. 95% of the gun fights I lost seemed legit. There was one weird one on Gustav with a dude head glitched, I got four or five hit markers, and the kill cam showed him not getting hit ONCE. I can understand if he's moving, or shown getting hit at least once, but perfectly still and no damage taken. That seems more glitch than lag though. Finally back to enjoying the game.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question: How different is this game to, say, Modern Warfare? I recently bought Modern Warfare remastered for PS4 and I'm having an awful time. The millions of nooks and crannies, as well as what seems to be characters that easily blend in with the environment, are killing me. I've become used to Black Ops 3 and it feels incredibly difficult by comparison. Should I even bother with World War 2 if I'm having such a difficult time with Modern Warfare?

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I have a question: How different is this game to, say, Modern Warfare? I recently bought Modern Warfare remastered for PS4 and I'm having an awful time. The millions of nooks and crannies, as well as what seems to be characters that easily blend in with the environment, are killing me. I've become used to Black Ops 3 and it feels incredibly difficult by comparison. Should I even bother with World War 2 if I'm having such a difficult time with Modern Warfare?

No you probably would not like WWII. The game mechanics are very similar in regards to boots on the ground and simplified perks, etc. The whole idea why this game exists is to go "back to its roots" and remove the jetpacks, wallrunning, and make it more like the originals which would be COD 4. World at War, etc.. If you don't like those games I see no reason why this would appeal to you.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No you probably would not like WWII. The game mechanics are very similar in regards to boots on the ground and simplified perks, etc. The whole idea why this game exists is to go "back to its roots" and remove the jetpacks, wallrunning, and make it more like the originals which would be COD 4. World at War, etc.. If you don't like those games I see no reason why this would appeal to you.

Okay thank you.

This is unfortunate. Lol I thought I'd love going back to Modern Warfare since I started with Modern Warfare 2 which I absolutely loved. I guess playing Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare for so long did this.

Are people at least more easily identifiable in WW2 environments as compared to MW? And are there are many nooks and crannies?