• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Watched first 15 min of the campaign.

Looks really old.

I love WW2, and maybe later on it becomes something more interesting, but it looks like it was taken straight from cod 1.
Graphically it didn't look great, with the beach explosions being nothing more than small smoke puffs.
But a gameplay perspective, looks kinda standard. 1 man army taking the entire beach.
I'll watch a bit more though and wait on reviews.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, reviews for Call of Duty games are functionally useless. You know exactly what you're getting.

This review is particular though... three points off for some stuttering issues and a mandatory update? Pretty hyperbolic.

Honestly yeah, you know at this point if you want CoD, and what you want from it.

Gotta address the second point though. Reviews don't start at 10 and subtract points. At least not the way most reviewers do it. I don't know why people still assume [game] lost [x] points for the bullet point negatives.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Saw Ign's video of the zombie mode and it looked lackluster (specially because the person playing choose to stick to the melee weapon, stupid choice if your showing the mode to someone...), but the video about an infiltration mission seemed cool. Basic COD "shocking moment" mission, but I always liked those (I'm a big fan of "No Russian").
I'll wait for the reviews, hype seems to be at an all time low. I really wanted to go back to the roots :/

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got the game early on Xbox One. Heads up, 45.3GB install size and day 1 patch is 9.2GB.
Roughly the same on PS4: 49GB install and 9.5GB 1.04 patch. There's apparently no option to launch the game without the patch (or it's my disc that's still installing).

I had honestly forgotten I had preordered this when it showed up for 40€ lol.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
How the fuck is it that I have no willpower when it comes to games and consoles? I'm sitting here thinking about buying it after not even really enjoying the beta. I have a problem. I almost fucking preordered an X from Best Buy.com last night, too, even though there isn't a single exclusive that interests me. I actually DID preorder, and then frantically canceled before it was too late. Fuck me and my video games addiction.

I'll be ok.

Peemz

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be grabbing this today, I don't care about the campaign does anyone have any impressions of the multiplayer ?

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the campaign isn't 9/10s everywhere I'll look for this at $19.99 used next summer.

Oct 25, 2017
That OT title is damn good.

I'll be giving this SP a whack because WW2 and probably sell it on quickly while it retains value. If its half as good as COD2 I'll be happy.

oo7

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Play on the term "Boots on the ground", since this is the first CoD in 3 years to not have some kind of enhanced movement system (jetpacks, wallrunning, etc.).

Gotcha. Thought it was referencing The Rundown starring The Rock. "Moos on the grind". I figured that was way too obscure to be what it was referencing ;)

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Right, patch downloaded. Going to try a little of MP and see if it's as unbearably twitchy as IW, which I thought was fucking dogshit.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
As expected, duplicates you get from Supply Drops are converted into Armory Credits
DNpXibtUIAAMOXs.jpg

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
How the fuck is it that I have no willpower when it comes to games and consoles? I'm sitting here thinking about buying it after not even really enjoying the beta. I have a problem. I almost fucking preordered an X from Best Buy.com last night, too, even though there isn't a single exclusive that interests me. I actually DID preorder, and then frantically canceled before it was too late. Fuck me and my video games addiction.

I'll be ok.

Even the lesser COD games offer a ton of content.

Campaign (I've replayed some of these 10+ times). Zombies. Multiplayer.

The only COD that i regret buying was IW. And that didn't have anything do with lack of content, but my hatred for that setting. Hell, I even played through BO3 campaign a few times because, while it didn't make much sense, it was still OK to play through.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
I received the game earlier today and have played the first three campaign missions. Haven't touched multiplayer yet.
So far excellent campaign. Everything you'd expect from a Call of Duty. Beautiful, smooth visuals. Great audio and general presentation. The missions offer great variety, are fairly lengthy and have featured some really impressive set piece moments. The D day opening was really impressive although the actual beach assault was too short. Felt like a missed opportunity. The characters are interesting and likeable. Enjoying almost everything about it so far.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Played a few rounds with the Turtle Beach headphones I'm reviewing; holy shit this sounds amazing. MP is waaaaay better than IW. More simple and back to basics. Still way too much progression crap to sift through but it's not as twitchy and I don't feel like I died unfairly so far.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I received the game earlier today and have played the first three campaign missions. Haven't touched multiplayer yet.
So far excellent campaign. Everything you'd expect from a Call of Duty. Beautiful, smooth visuals. Great audio and general presentation. The missions offer great variety, are fairly lengthy and have featured some really impressive set piece moments. The D day opening was really impressive although the actual beach assault was too short. Felt like a missed opportunity. The characters are interesting and likeable. Enjoying almost everything about it so far.
What do you think of automatic health regeneration no longer being a thing? Does it make the game better or worse? Is it a pain in the ass to get to the guy who gives health packs?