• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
So I thought, "Meh, don't have a PC atm, buy and have on library or wait? Eh, I'll wait, no worries."

That went well.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
30/03/2018 - Increase 186% GBP 3.49 GBP 9.99
26/03/2018 29/03/2018 Save 29% GBP 3.49 GBP 2.49

Goddamnit.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i don't see any reason other than publishing rights reverting to Techland, in which case this should be just a temporary situation.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Gunslinger on the pc was given away like water. there should be ton of people who own it. I'm glad i purchased Call of Juarez: The Cartel a couple of weeks ago after hesitating to for years..lol

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
A bit hyperbolic, especially with how short it is, but it's a great game indeed.
We could use more arcade shooters like it.
IMO the quality in which the story is delivered, and the solidity of the shooting mechanics make it one of the best fps sp's ever, despite how short it is.

My best ever fps list can't be hyperbole btw bc it's based on my opinion.

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
Also this game is backwards compatible on the Xbox One which sucks if you wanted a digital library, but you can still play it with a physical copy thankfully or if you happened to own it previously.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have my copies on PC and PS3. Really fantastic arcade shooter with a wacky tone that shouldn't be missed by fans of the genre. Easily the best of its otherwise mediocre franchise.

Thankfully this was from a pre-Denuvo era though so it will always be preserved.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Bummer. My favourite Call of Juarez game, Techland game, western-themed game and probably in my top 20 FPS games overall.

Actually just finished a replay a couple of days ago on Steam. Holds up.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also this game is backwards compatible on the Xbox One which sucks if you wanted a digital library, but you can still play it with a physical copy thankfully or if you happened to own it previously.
Surely you can still play it if you own it?

Edit: Nevermind. I can't read.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to chime in that the game is OUTSTANDING. Great gunplay, great music, good graphics, outstanding voice acting, and unique storytelling. There's even replay value if you want to try different perks and such.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
This game is actually a lot of fun with a lot of charm. Totally worth picking up.

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Glad I picked this up on Steam sale a year or so ago. Still haven't played it yet, though.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I have this downloaded on my ps3 but I think it was a ps plus game, hopefully it will still work

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very sad to read this as Gunslinger is one of the most fun, wonderful games I've ever played. Really enjoyed the arcade mode!

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Beat this on PC last year. Great game. Loved how unreliable narrator constantly changed levels

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 port coming? Why would an old non-licensed game be delisted?

It's one of the best games last gen and i re-bought it on the 360 to get it on XboxOne too

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just bought 'em both for the Xbox 360, in case of removal.

Server closure was supposed to happen back in September 2016, but they appear to still be working.

edit.
Turns out I had purchased them previously, but deleted from the hard drive for some reason. Then I found the games on an external device.

Last edited:

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
In 2013 there was only one FPS game better in my opinion that CoJG, and that was Metro Last Light... BioShock Infinite was a massive, massive letdown but on the other hand a big surprise was the remake of Shadow Warrior, that game was sweet - even the story.. but yeah, CoJGunslinger was a perfect western FPS game for 15 Euros..

Interesting story, unique story mechanics, such a satisfying gunplay feeling, I loved the duel mechanics, loved the artstyle, atmosphere, music, characters, dialog, weapons, "leveling" system, cool story moments and cool little details like blowing away the dust after finishing shooting from a weapon or the last bullet slow-mo mechanic, etc.. even the Arcade mode was a ton of fun, a mode which I don't like in other games but in Gunslinger he was brilliant.. and that it's short? For that price and for that style of a FPS game it was totally enough.. if a Metro game was only 6 - 8 hours long, yeah that would be a problem but it was enough for Gunslinger.. that way it doesn't have any single dull moment in the campaing - it's a blast from the start to finish.. I played many, many FPS game - modern or old classics and Gunslinger is in my TOP5 FPS games or game in general.. maybe even in TOP3

Fantastic, fantastic game

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this has less to do with digital and more to do with nobody ever signs away rights for eternity. The same limitation applies to physical, they can't make any new physical copies after their license expires, same with digital, you can't "make" any new copies when you don't have the rights anymore to sell the content.

Oct 28, 2017
God damnit, I wanted to get it this monday to be sure.
I was interested in the game since it came out but never got around to it.