• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that I easily accept this reality for myself, but wholeheartedly reject it for others.

I'll keep swinging if y'all do, guys.
I understand the sentiment fully. For myself it doesn't matter but when I read other replies in this thread or other places online, its really saddening and I always wish the best for others.

I'll keep swinging as well. If only cause it may help someone else keep at it as well.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I've grown more and more comfortable with the idea of suicide and it honestly feels like an inevitability at this point.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Health wise I'm doing fine but I ride a motorcycle so statistically speaking that's probably my biggest risk factor to die.

Oct 25, 2017
Heart attack most likely. High blood pressure and being extremely tall and heavy all my life has certainly not done my circulatory system any favors.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Suicide or cancer. Probably cancer. Not fishing for sympathy or "go see a therapist" comments by the way. I'd say I'm just a realist and to be honest I'd probably only kill myself if I had a terminal illness to spare myself the worst of it. This is a happy thread!

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
I am going to have a heart attack while taking a dump. April 14, 2062 at 7:38pm. My last thoughts are going to be about how I need to get my pants back on before I die, but alas I won't have time or strength to do it.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Realistically it will probably be suicide, but I'd like to hope that it is something less depressing.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Likely heart based on family history. Our family has had two different options, either a massive heart attack in your 50s or just general heart failure in your 90s. I'm definitely aiming towards the latter of those two options.

All of that is of course assuming the upcoming Climate Wars don't destroy us all.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Cancer, heart disease or attack. The usual, normal, boring ways I assume. Never had the balls to do myself in so nature will eventually do it for me.

Mar 30, 2019
I wouldn't know. Even from a probability guess. I just hope that I lowered the suffering of others in some small way in my life. I just know I won't die by my own hand. Take care of yourselves space cowpeople.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Some estimates based on my lifestyle say that I'll live up to age of 88, but I think I'll go before that; most likely the day when I finally decide to go investigate that remote, oddly hostile feeling place that has "free candy" written in the door.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Given the family history, probably a heart attack around 70/80.

I'd be perfectly fine with it. Anything rather than ending up a senile handicaped old fuck.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
There's a good chance it'll be suicide. It's not really a sad thing, either. I've attempted it before, and I'm really not ideologically opposed to it. I imagine that even if I manage to have a happy and fulfilling life that one day the aches and pains will get to be a bit too much to deal with.

Otherwise, I'm hoping to go out like David Carradine.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd bet on colon cancer. I've had Crohn's Disease for about 18 years and it makes you more likely to get colon cancer. I can totally see myself being dumb and pushing off a colonoscopy for too long one time and that's the year the tumor forms. Also part of the problem is that colon cancer symptoms and crohn's symptoms are very very similar to each other so it's possible that if I get cancer I'll just assume it's a regular crohn's flareup until it's too late.

the good news is the actual procedure is a breeze. It's the day of prep that sucks. But not bad enough to prevent you from looking out for yourself.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
the good news is the actual procedure is a breeze. It's the day of prep that sucks. But not bad enough to prevent you from looking out for yourself.
Oh yeah it's not bad at all, it's just a 2-day-long inconvenience (when you count the prep) and a lot of times when I'm feeling healthy I have this feeling of "do I really have to do this?"

My most recent one was in September and I only did that one because my doctor was like "I'm not prescribing you any more medication until you finally get your damn colonoscopy that you're overdue for." And yes I know this is really dumb on my part. I've been telling myself that I'm going to keep up with the regular yearly schedule from now on but deep down I have a feeling I'm gonna procrastinate again.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Heart disease or something related to it.

But I'm fully expecting to die in some sort of unexpected accident. I'm not reckless, I just assume I'll make a grave mistake one day and that's that.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
when i was a kid i used to have nightmares literally every single night for years. then one night at the end of a nightmare i was dragged under the sofa in my family's living room and into hell. after that the nightmares stopped. i've always suspected that was a peek into my future lol.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Cancer is a strong possibility. I don't smoke now, but I did that self-inflicted damage for a good 20 years. Time will tell.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I know for sure how I'm going to die, because I have it planned. Now, barring external circumstances, if I didn't have it planned, it'd most likely be a heart attack.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate, heart disease or heart attack probably. I'm trying to get my shit straight though. I'm currently having some back issues that are scaring me so when I get that under control I'm gonna start exercising again.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
The most likely thing to kill me would be a complication of all my cancer treatment I've had.

Whether it's a relapse of one of the two cancers I've had, getting an infection I can't fight off, an organ crapping out early on me due to all of the strain I've put it under or a tertiary cancer caused by all the treatment and scans I've had

But, hey. Even if I only get to 30, it's 10 me years than I would have had when this all started, and I'll take that.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Realistically, cancer or heart disease.

I know at the very least, I can rule out childhood illness.