• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'd get at least an i5, 970, and 16 gigs of ram (I use most of my 16 just browsing lol) and you'd be laughing for years as long as maxing out isn't your thing

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Beytd3Um.png

https://www.ebay.ca/rpp/buy-canadian?_trkparms=clkid=3957422078149169210

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Can you guys please stop using black or white text? Set it to "none" as the colour otherwise it'll show up as white on white or black on black depending on people's themes.

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I don't see the problem.
Since I'm not sure if you're serious, I'm talking about when people change the colour to highlight the deal then try to change it back to "default".

This is how it looks:

Black
New Deal
$5 off with Amazon Prime!

White
New Deal

None
New Deal
$5 off with Amazon Prime
Black doesn't work for NightEra. White doesn't work for DayEra. None works for both.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm not sure if you're serious, I'm talking about when people change the colour to highlight the deal then try to change it back to "default".

This is how it looks:

Black
New Deal

White
New Deal

None
New Deal
$5 off with Amazon Prime
Black doesn't work for NightEra. White doesn't work for DayEra. None works for both.
Yeah. Probably best to just not color your text at all, because who cares, and just use bold and italics.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017

This is how it looks:

Black
New Deal

White
New Deal

None
New Deal
$5 off with Amazon Prime
You would have known it was a joke if you used dark theme!

dusteatingbug

Dec 1, 2017
Do y'all think the PS4 Pro might go on sale in the next couple of months? I'm trying to decide if I should just buy one now (EB has a bundle with one game) or wait for some kind of summer sale.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, need help quick. What is the better deal here?

$900
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (3.20 GHz)
8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD,
AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics 4GB
Windows 10 Home

$800
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core
Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB
1TB HDD
Windows 10 Home

This is from the site CanadaComputers.com

Is the $900 computer a substantial upgrade over the $800? Not a PC gamer, just want something that is gonna last me a while so I can play the next WOW mmo or whatever, lol. And please no build it yourself.

Obviously I want to save money, and I'll just be using a standard 1080p display.

Bonus question: Sorry, do we have a PC thread? Dont want to flood this thread with my PC questions.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, need help quick. What is the better deal here?

$900
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (3.20 GHz)
8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD,
AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics 4GB
Windows 10 Home

$800
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core
Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB
1TB HDD
Windows 10 Home

This is from the site CanadaComputers.com

Is the $900 computer a substantial upgrade over the $800? Not a PC gamer, just want something that is gonna last me a while so I can play the next WOW mmo or whatever, lol. And please no build it yourself.

Obviously I want to save money, and I'll just be using a standard 1080p display.

Bonus question: Sorry, do we have a PC thread? Dont want to flood this thread with my PC questions.
The two CPUs are apparently pretty similar. One has four cores and four threads, while the other has four cores and eight threads? I don't know if more threads really has much advantage (but it probably does something).
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/3922vs3931

The RX 580 4gb graphics card is roughly on par with the GTX 1060 3gb, which is a lot better than the GTX 1050 2gb. The 1060 is a gaming card which isn't quite the beast that some gamers go for (that would be the 1080 ti), but should be able to handle 1080p gaming at high settings. The 1050 is a non-gamer's card that might be able to handle medium settings. I would think that for an extra $100, the RX 580 is a good upgrade.
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-vs-AMD-RX-580/3650vs3923

Oct 25, 2017
The two CPUs are apparently pretty similar. One has four cores and four threads, while the other has four cores and eight threads? I don't know if more threads really has much advantage (but it probably does something).
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/3922vs3931

The RX 580 4gb graphics card is roughly on par with the GTX 1060 3gb, which is a lot better than the GTX 1050 2gb. The 1060 is a gaming card which isn't quite the beast that some gamers go for (that would be the 1080 ti), but should be able to handle 1080p gaming at high settings. The 1050 is a non-gamer's card that might be able to handle medium settings. I would think that for an extra $100, the RX 580 is a good upgrade.
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-vs-AMD-RX-580/3650vs3923

Thanks!

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What's the general consensus on those cheap 4K TVs Loblaws sometimes sells? No tax day is on Saturday.

They look like this:

3618857_original.jpg

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought a evga 1080ti ftw3 from Amazon.ca, isn't there 1 day shipping anymore? It only gave me the 2 day shipping which for some stupid reason I'm just getting my item on may 23rd that doesn't seem like 2 day shipping bleh.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just bought a evga 1080ti ftw3 from Amazon.ca, isn't there 1 day shipping anymore? It only gave me the 2 day shipping which for some stupid reason I'm just getting my item on may 23rd that doesn't seem like 2 day shipping bleh.
2-day shipping doesn't mean 2 days from you placing the order, it's 2 days from when they decide to ship the order.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
my Runner 3 shipped from Amazon on Monday and I thought that was fantastic and that I might actually get it early, but the tracking has not updated once and as far as it is concerned it's still over in MISSISSAUGA. I've never had this happen and hope it is moving and just not being updated (for some reason?) and will be here in time for release day, at least.

Or Amazon is just playing mindgames and it has gone nowhere and will be here late as per usual!

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What are the chances we could see a Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro bundle?

I know there was a FF15 PS4 Slim bundle, but I'm not sure if it was ever in Canada.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It's annoying how Scene and Cineplex screw you when you purchase two tickets at one time. If you buy the tickets together, you only get points for buying one. So 100 or 150 depending on the movie type. However, if you buy them separately, you get points for up to two tickets a day.

My friend and I went to see Deadpool 2 last night, and this happened. It's happened before, and since he offered to buy the tickets (and wouldn't take my money) I didn't ask him to do it separately, but whenever I go with friends or on dates I do to avoid it.

It's something a lot of people probably don't know.

What's the general consensus on those cheap 4K TVs Loblaws sometimes sells? No tax day is on Saturday.

They look like this:

3618857_original.jpg

This is really tempting, but I don't want to waste money either.

Deleted member 3203

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sunny canada

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Well I can't believe it. Walked into a nearby EB games to grab a used copy of fallout 4 for my son and was paying when I happened to look up and see a SNES classic! 99$+ tax plus 2 extension cables later I'm still in shock.

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
My aging Moto G3, 1GB Ram and 8GB storage android phone is starting to piss me off. It's becoming real slow, laggy and unresponsive. I'm looking for a good replacement. I'm just on a cheap Koodo prepaid plan as I rarely and strictly limit data use (to save money, and usually on a WiFi network). I've been eyeing the Nokia 6.1 / Nokia 6 (2018) but don't know when/if it will be available in Canada. I don't play games or watch anything on my phone and it's largely utilitarian in use. Nav/Talk/Text/Notes, etc.

Any recommendations?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My aging Moto G3, 1GB Ram and 8GB storage android phone is starting to piss me off. It's becoming real slow, laggy and unresponsive. I'm looking for a good replacement. I'm just on a cheap Koodo prepaid plan as I rarely and strictly limit data use (to save money, and usually on a WiFi network). I've been eyeing the Nokia 6.1 / Nokia 6 (2018) but don't know when/if it will be available in Canada. I don't play games or watch anything on my phone and it's largely utilitarian in use. Nav/Talk/Text/Notes, etc.

Any recommendations?

I have a Moto E2 2nd Gen (1gb ram) and it runs great with Lineage OS. https://www.lineageos.org/
See if you can get rid of that shit ROM it came with that's bloated and flash Lineage OS + TWRP recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.