Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
And just so we don't get post upon post of people saying "my orders are safe"; we don't need to know if it's safe, only say something if it's cancelled.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And just so we don't get post upon post of people saying "my orders are safe"; we don't need to know if it's safe, only say something if it's cancelled.

also, just because it's safe now, doesn't mean it's guaranteed to stay that way. Check in periodically over the next handful of days

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I will lose my shit if I lose RDR2 and Days Gone for $50.

Hopefully walmart has 'em for $50 again so I can just bypass amazon all together, though having to deal with walmarts recurring "temp charge" thing is going to drive me crazy.

where'd you find pdfs for your orders?

Apologies, I loaded the receipt thing they have and then sent to printer, but chose PDF in Windows 10 for the print. So it just saved the file as a pdf.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I still have KH3 and Spidey under the $50 preorder, but KH3 is for the X1 version, so I guess that's ok? Hopefully they don't cancel Spidey, but I'll live if they do.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My order with Spider-Man & Detroit is missing from my page. I've only been able to find it in my email history.

Ah shit, really? Sorry to hear that.

I still have KH3 and Spidey under the $50 preorder, but KH3 is for the X1 version, so I guess that's ok? Hopefully they don't cancel Spidey, but I'll live if they do.

Well, ps4 versions of KH3 are still purchasable, so it's possible that it won't be affected.

Alternatively, even the Xbox version of RDR2 is unavailable, so people who preordered that version might also lose it.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man and Detroit has been un-preorderable for a while now so I expected something like this.

I just want Detroit to ship and if I get screwed on Spider-man at least I'll hopefully have another chance during E3.

It's not like Either will have pre-order bonuses anyways. Amazon Canada is shite for giving them out.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017

RED ALERT RED ALERT. Amazon.ca is shady as usual. If people want to post that their orders are safe with details about when they ordered and bundled with what item it's still extremely useful to understand what is going on and can also be used when talking to customer reps.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for some opinions on Garage Sale prices for games I'm selling.

I have XBOX, PS2, PS3, 360, DS, and PSP games.

I'm selling each generation at the same price, with no distinction between titles.

Was thinking:

XBOX, PS2, DS, PSP: $3 each
PS3, 360: $5 each

Seem reasonable, or is this wishful thinking? I have like 200 games available in a bunch of bins.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As someone who does yard/garage sales every year to increase my collection I can tell you if I saw those prices I'd go from buying 1-2 to possibly 5+ depending on the titles. If they're sport games i'd recommend charging 50% off what you would for something like Halo or Gears.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who does yard/garage sales every year to increase my collection I can tell you if I saw those prices I'd go from buying 1-2 to possibly 5+ depending on the titles. If they're sport games i'd recommend charging 50% off what you would for something like Halo or Gears.
Not a single sports game, they're all top notch in my opinion.

Halo's, Gears of War's, God of War's, etc.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's not a bad price. You can start with that price. If they ask for a lower price, then that might be the time to give it to them.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if .com is getting pissy at Sony for some reason like they did for Nintendo in the early part of this decade. If so, .ca should be unaffected.

Still, verify and trust.

True, ultimately I would think it would depend on the supplier? And if it's different for .ca vs .com, which it seems to be the case, given we miss out on special editions here (like SoTC).

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spider-Man and Detroit has been un-preorderable for a while now so I expected something like this.

I just want Detroit to ship and if I get screwed on Spider-man at least I'll hopefully have another chance during E3.

It's not like Either will have pre-order bonuses anyways. Amazon Canada is shite for giving them out.

You and I are in the exact same position. Need Detroit to ship for $50 since I sure as hell ain't paying $90 after tax. Then we can worry about Spider-Man during E3 (maybe Walmart) if we lose that Amazon pre-order.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for some opinions on Garage Sale prices for games I'm selling.

I have XBOX, PS2, PS3, 360, DS, and PSP games.

I'm selling each generation at the same price, with no distinction between titles.

Was thinking:

Seem reasonable, or is this wishful thinking? I have like 200 games available in a bunch of bins.
Did you take out the expensive titles for the XBOX, PS2 and DS? 3 each is very generous if you have quality titles. I'd buy em off you and pay shipping lol.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
So Walmart let's you preorder games from E3 for 50 bucks fairly reliably ? I didn't even know you could preorder from Walmart since I never go to the .ca site.

Link25ca

Oct 25, 2017
My Amazon FF7 pre order is showing up at regular price ($79.99) without the 30% E3 deal. This is an order with about 6 games which have all been received and discounted. I don't know what that means and who knows when the game will ship, but I might have to fight for it.

I still get my KH3 Future Shop emails so the I still have that.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
My Amazon FF7 pre order is showing up at regular price ($79.99) without the 30% E3 deal. This is an order with about 6 games which have all been received and discounted. I don't know what that means and who knows when the game will ship, but I might have to fight for it.

I still get my KH3 Future Shop emails so the I still have that.

That just means the regular price never dropped. (Pre order price guarantee)

You'll get 30% off once it ships. What matters is the order total and discount total dollar value.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with Fuzzy here. No one really cares about your existing pre-orders except yourself. Have a PSA, sure, but we don't need everyone to chime in about the status of their order.

I don't have any Sony PS4 games pre-ordered from Amazon.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree with Fuzzy here. No one really cares about your existing pre-orders except yourself. Have a PSA, sure, but we don't need everyone to chime in about the status of their order.

I don't have any Sony PS4 games pre-ordered from Amazon.

I care and clearly other people care too. So looks like you are incorrect.

P.S. So far, my huge pre-order of excellent $50 Sony PS4 games is safe.

So I'm gonna assume there won't be another Amazon e3 deal this year...

I think they'll match Walmart, so we need to hope to hell they do $50 games again.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I care and clearly other people care too. So looks like you are incorrect.

P.S. So far, my huge pre-order of excellent $50 Sony PS4 games is safe.

I think they'll match Walmart, so we need to hope to hell they do $50 games again.

There is a sizeable lurking community here that is more interested in the deals than the shipping/preorder talk.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Cool your jets. Anyone can post what they want, and that includes their opinion of what others are posting.

I just find it ridiculous that we need to speculate on what Amazon will or won't do at any point.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Even if they match Walmart, I'm ordering everything from Walmart and everyone should do the same. Who cares if you can't cancel, just return the game if you don't end up wanting it. They even have free shipping. Screw Amazon.

Does anyone remember exactly when they started last year? My $50 Amazon orders are from June 8th, so I'm guessing Walmart was a little earlier, like June 7th?

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Does anyone remember exactly when they started last year? My $50 Amazon orders are from June 8th, so I'm guessing Walmart was a little earlier, like June 7th?
It was also the 8th but at 1am ET according to my records.

Wait, it's not easy to cancel walmart preorders?
30 (?) minutes after you place an online order on WM.ca you can't cancel it and will have to let it be delivered and return it to a store if you change your mind.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they match Walmart, I'm ordering everything from Walmart and everyone should do the same. Who cares if you can't cancel, just return the game if you don't end up wanting it. They even have free shipping. Screw Amazon.

walmart's backwards payment system is a good reason to never buy anything from them

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First time? You're in for a treat.

lol true to the Persona series, I'm still in the prologue!! :D
So far it's a bit slow, but really charming almost right off the bat. Been having a hankering for more Persona after P5 and this game, from what the RPG-playing world tells me, is way overdue.

Any tips so I'm not running blind on, presumably, 80+ hours of gameplay? xD

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
lol true to the Persona series, I'm still in the prologue!! :D
So far it's a bit slow, but really charming almost right off the bat. Been having a hankering for more Persona after P5 and this game, from what the RPG-playing world tells me, is way overdue.

Any tips so I'm not running blind on, presumably, 80+ hours of gameplay? xD

Don't want to ruin anything but if you want the true ending you'll have to either play with a guide from the get go or play the game again with a guide.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is a sizeable lurking community here that is more interested in the deals than the shipping/preorder talk.

lol what? How would you have any idea what lurkers think? The whole point is that they don't post...so you wouldn't know. Try to think logically before you post.

Also, in regards to your other post: if you can't see why people want to talk about potentially losing $50 pre-orders and instead having to pay $80...I don't know what to tell you.

I hear ya! I'm definitely ordering from Walmart this time if they do it again. From what I recall, Walmart put up the $50 games a few days prior to E3. Amazon started matching within 24 hours.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
lol what? How would you have any idea what lurkers think? The whole point is that they don't post...so you wouldn't know. Try to think logically before you post.
watch-out-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.