Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can my office please get closed for weather conditions, so I can watch the Direct? Come through, overly-cautious winter drivers.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
My office actually has a weather policy that let's us work from home. Most folks have at least 1 day that they work from home (any 1 day of the week by their choice) but when snow falls like this they just prefer that people work from home through their regular times than risk getting in late or getting sick.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
If you missed this for the 5 seconds it was available on Amazon.ca last year and didn't want to import it from the US this is finally your chance.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. I've wanted to own the old games on PS4 for a while now and this is much better than the psn prices.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever pre-ordered a game from EB with that "pick up in store" option? Is that as simple as I'd like it to be? I just make the order online, and I can grab it in store on release, easy peasy? I would order from the website, but EB ships with purolator, which is just hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever pre-ordered a game from EB with that "pick up in store" option? Is that as simple as I'd like it to be? I just make the order online, and I can grab it in store on release, easy peasy? I would order from the website, but EB ships with purolator, which is just hell.

Yeah, I've done it a bunch of times. You just pick it up the same as if you had preordered in store.

Jan 6, 2019
It is exactly the same as preordering in store. You do have to put $5 down when you preorder on the website though, if you did an instore preorder no deposit is required. On the website you just sign in with your account, pick your store, pay $5 with a credit card or ebgames gift card, and your preorder will show up in that store's system within 24 hours.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any experience with EBgames.ca shipping? Looking to preorder DMC5 deluxe since no other store seems to have it online. Should i be getting it day of release?

IndustryX

Dec 9, 2017
Shot in the dark but I recently received a $50 PSN card as a gift, but would really prefer it be a Nintendo E Shop Card as a I just purchased a Switch, and I need that sweet Nintendo goodness. Does anyone know of a swap or a way/place to trade the card?

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any experience with EBgames.ca shipping? Looking to preorder DMC5 deluxe since no other store seems to have it online. Should i be getting it day of release?

They are typically great. Just make sure you have a puralator sticker or some sort of signage near your front door. Otherwise it's a trip over to the nearest puralator facility, which usually sucks.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Mind blowing that publishers are still putting music CDs in with their Collector's Editions haha. Just do a decorative digital voucher, and use that space for something else.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I need the Fire Emblem Warfare Edition before scalpers get to it...
Gah...

The FE SE are getting worse with each game. Fates at least had value as it was 3 games on one cart. Echoes had cheap pins and artbook and a soundtrack sampler. This one has an ugly calendar, a cheap artbook and a soundtrack sampler for US 100$. Yikes.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still want the CE. I got Fates, I got Echoes, and I want this one's purdy box too.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Dang. I have had no luck ever with limited editions so I guess will keep an eye out.

Except the snes classic. Just happened to be browsing in store when preorders went live. That was weird.
Follow Lbabinz on twitter and join the Canadian Deals Discord channel (check the OP for how) and set up alerts for what you're interested in.

https://twitter.com/lbabinz

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I'm selling a PS4/PC Hori fight stick (RAP4 Kai) that's basically like new but not sure where a good place to sell it outside of Kijiji in Toronto. Independent stores? EB? Some fighting game community?

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any deals on Xbox One controllers anywhere? I think mine is messed up all of a sudden.

They seem to be 50$ for the black one on Amazon all the time, I just bought the white Elite Controller for 20$ off 2 days ago? That sweet red one is also available for pre order, but it's not on sale. I think it was 77$ on Amazon.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Are there any deals on Xbox One controllers anywhere? I think mine is messed up all of a sudden.
Yeah, what the above post said. Also, you should set up a free PO Box at Canada Post so when you order things you can have it shipped there so it won't sit outside in the cold so long. I know some people have OCD concerns and something like that would give people some peace of mind. Something to chew on.

Status
Not open for further replies.