• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just switched to RBC Insurance for my car and I'm saving $101 per month, it feels so good.
That's, like, 8 Xbox Game Pass monthly subs!

Last edited:

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a while, Has there been any good deals on shadow of the tomb raider? I just busted my leg thanks to that ice storm so I'm stuck in bed for a few weeks and would love some new games.

Robert81

Nov 2, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a while, Has there been any good deals on shadow of the tomb raider? I just busted my leg thanks to that ice storm so I'm stuck in bed for a few weeks and would love some new games.
All 3 of the tomb raider games are on Xbox game pass. Their is a PlayStation sale going on later today, I believe tomb raider on sale for 40$

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Any better X bundles coming in the future? I keep skipping the sales on them bc they come with that stupid fallout game.

I'd grab a bundle on sale if it came with anything better. Anthem would be a good one,

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I believe there's an anthem bundle coming out right away

Nice. Honestly the game looks pretty cool.

I've wanted an X for a long time, but every bundle just seems lame right now, even when you get a good chunk off.

Anthem would be a nice pick up tho, so maybe an X is in my future sooner than I thought. Just gotta catch a good shoppers or ebates deal.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've wanted an X for a long time, but every bundle just seems lame right now, even when you get a good chunk off.

Anthem would be a nice pick up tho, so maybe an X is in my future sooner than I thought. Just gotta catch a good shoppers or ebates deal.
I apologize, it is actually an xbox one s anthem bundle but they will have more x bundles in the future.

Einreich

Oct 28, 2017
Hope to get my free copy of Anthem next week. Man, I called WM about the glitch and they dont give a damn.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much would a GTX 1080 Ti (MSI Gaming X) go for, one year used?
I bought it at $1,250 I think, so ~$900?

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, I got a Flexiti card in the mail since I had an account with them through Canada Computers, going by their website, it looks like you could choose to finance the purchases you make with the card? Or is that only at their selected retailers, which is limited as hell.
I'd be good if you could do 0% 6 months financing at an Apple Store for example.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best US->Canada mail forwarding service? I tried myMallBox and although it seems okay, Gamestop cancelled my order when using their address, so obviously won't work.

I rather pay a bit more for a reliable service that works with both Gamestop and BestBuy US.

No I am not close to the border so that is not an option. Suggestions?

Stage on

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best US->Canada mail forwarding service? I tried myMallBox and although it seems okay, Gamestop cancelled my order when using their address, so obviously won't work.

I rather pay a bit more for a reliable service that works with both Gamestop and BestBuy US.

No I am not close to the border so that is not an option. Suggestions?

I don't know about best but both my Dad and I have used http://gamesforcanada.com/ to forward some packages (Not just games but also some other stuff like magazines) a few times over the years without issue.

superbad

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah, what the above post said. Also, you should set up a free PO Box at Canada Post so when you order things you can have it shipped there so it won't sit outside in the cold so long. I know some people have OCD concerns and something like that would give people some peace of mind. Something to chew on.

I see what you did there.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

You may also be able to find someone selling their shoppers bought X for a reasonable price, save you time running to different locations looking for one in stock.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ack I kept holding off, and now it seems like Bayonetta 1 + 2 on Switch is out of print. Can't see it anywhere.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about best but both my Dad and I have used http://gamesforcanada.com/ to forward some packages (Not just games but also some other stuff like magazines) a few times over the years without issue.

I actually ordered from them three times in the past, and bit the bullet with Katamari on February 2nd and haven't heard anything nor had updates on their GYRO system. I sent two emails with no response either...

This is why I rather just go through a more reputable company.

Does anyone have any recs?

Scrubblenaut

Oct 25, 2017
Ack I kept holding off, and now it seems like Bayonetta 1 + 2 on Switch is out of print. Can't see it anywhere.

Sent you a PM with a link to the only "big name" / reputable Canadian store I found with online stock (new copies, not used). One left after having purchased my copy today. Fingers crossed their inventory tracking is accurate.

Tough to swallow that $90 price tag after ON HST, but I haven't seen any other options lately while monitoring pricing for the game.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sent you a PM with a link to the only "big name" / reputable Canadian store I found with online stock (new copies, not used). One left after having purchased my copy today. Fingers crossed their inventory tracking is accurate.

Tough to swallow that $90 price tag after ON HST, but I haven't seen any other options lately while monitoring pricing for the game.
Thanks! Yeah that HST stings, but I definitely didn't want to miss out getting a physical copy of this.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Omg. Try NBC, they usually give better deals.
Eh, they don't have an online quote thing, and I've already paid the first/last month with RBC, I'll try them next year maybe since I doubt I'd be getting much cheaper than $250/mo. It takes a 4-5 years to get into that ~$150 range anyway.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My mom wants to know what the best family phone plan is available in Ontario? She's with Virgin right now, paying $50 for her phone, $56 for my dad and $56 for my brother. She wants some kind of plan where having multiple people will give her discounts.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My mom wants to know what the best family phone plan is available in Ontario? She's with Virgin right now, paying $50 for her phone, $56 for my dad and $56 for my brother. She wants some kind of plan where having multiple people will give her discounts.
Freedom Mobile has $15 for 100 outgoing minutes, unlimited incoming minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data (speed potentially throttled after 250MB). Unlimited talk/text/data is $25.

Shitty signal, but the price is amazing.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Freedom Mobile has $15 for 100 outgoing minutes, unlimited incoming minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data (speed potentially throttled after 250MB). Unlimited talk/text/data is $25.

Shitty signal, but the price is amazing.
We unfortunately don't have Freedom here. I had Freedom in university (Kingston) and it was amazing, I was so sad when I had to let go of my plan after graduation.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Is it possible to return clearance items to Walmart? I know the idea of clearance is to get rid of them for good and that you generally aren't allowed to, but is it possible?

I bought a few pairs of pants there yesterday and couldn't try them on. I'm going to try them on tonight and see if they fit, but if not I'm going to try to return them. I don't want to be stuck with them. The sales associate said no, but Google said otherwise.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see that on their site
Mind linking?
Click on "plans", scroll down past all the overpriced "big gig" plans, down past all the "data plans", and you should see a section called "home plans".

"Home 250" has a cap on outgoing phone calls, unlimited text, and "250MB worth of data".
"Home 500" has unlimited talk, unlimited text, and "500MB worth of data".

But Freedom Mobile has no data overage fees. The data cap is for "full speed data". If you exceed the data cap, they might throttle your speed, and make things like Youtube unworkable. Small things like Resetera and Reddit and Twitter and Google Maps still work perfectly fine on your phone after your speed is throttled. So you can essentially strike a line through those "data caps" and call it unlimited data.

Seems too good to be true, but it's not.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Click on "plans", scroll down past all the overpriced "big gig" plans, down past all the "data plans", and you should see a section called "home plans".

"Home 250" has a cap on outgoing phone calls, unlimited text, and "250MB worth of data".
"Home 500" has unlimited talk, unlimited text, and "500MB worth of data".

But Freedom Mobile has no data overage fees. The data cap is for "full speed data". If you exceed the data cap, they might throttle your speed, and make things like Youtube unworkable. Small things like Resetera and Reddit and Twitter and Google Maps still work perfectly fine on your phone after your speed is throttled. So you can essentially strike a line through those "data caps" and call it unlimited data.

Seems too good to be true, but it's not.
I assume he means the first plan listed here under "Home Plans"
Oh awesome, had no clue, thanks!

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic, but I'm currently in Australia for my brother's wedding and Air Canada's incompetence is just astounding. Today is three days and counting without my luggage(and any of my suits or other clothing).

Also, this isn't my first time to Australia but the cost of phone plans here shows how shitty our telecom companies are. I bought an Optus prepaid sim here for $20 AUD and get 45GB(!) of data. Canadian telcos can't even use the excuse that the population of Canada is too spread out because Australia is even less densely populated than Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.