Status
Not open for further replies.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://m.newegg.ca/products/N82E16814202293

$294 + tax + $4.99 shipping for a Nitro+ Rx 580 8gb. Any good?

Not that bad but in the used market, you could potentially grab a Vega 56 / gtx 1070 for that amount of money. That said, if you still play to purchase new, have you considered the RX 590?

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202327

An additional $50 for a slightly faster card with 3 games bundled in (Resident Evil 2, The Division 2 and Devil May Cry 5).

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Not that bad but in the used market, you could potentially grab a Vega 56 / gtx 1070 for that amount of money. That said, if you still play to purchase new, have you considered the RX 590?

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202327

An additional $50 for a slightly faster card with 3 games bundled in (Resident Evil 2, The Division 2 and Devil May Cry 5).
I had not seen that. I will need to check out how much better the 590 is

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
EB can revoke the offer, but that seems super unlikely to me. If they're still offering it for Crackdown, they'll offer it for Anthem
What happens with one game has nothing to do with the other. It'll all depend on if they get flooded with trade-ins of Anthem and if they're not moving them. That's all that matters.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question, if I had a PSN code, is there a way to check if it's been used WITHOUT actually redeeming it? Also, if there's an item I already have, would I just be blocked from using that code?

EDIT: Answered, nvm. It won't auto redeem thankfully

Last edited:

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I need some advice.

I used GameforCanada a few times a couple years back with good results. For those unaware, this is a package forwarding service to order from the US to Canada. It's run by a guy from his home - not an official type service or anything, just a nice guy doing good things for Canadians.

So I placed an order on February 2nd for a GameStop game that would not ship to Canada and has exuberant costs elsewhere, so this was my go-to.

Well, fast forward 18 days later and after three emails, there has been no responses or updates on his "GYROS" page for my order.

Is it time to get PayPal involved, or should I wait some more? I'm getting really worried...

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Shoppers has the Xbox One X for $470 in their latest flyer (starting Saturday) and there's a 20x coupon in the app (worth about $141 in points).

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shoppers has the Xbox One X for $470 in their latest flyer (starting Saturday) and there's a 20x coupon in the app (worth about $141 in points).

EWWWW comes with Fallout 76, would rather pay full price for a console without it /s

Man, if I wasn't content with my PS4 Pro I'd get this in a heartbeat.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Just went to cancel Anthem on PS4 on Amazon as my backlog is outrageous and I'm starting a new job Monday. But it appears to be $39.99 and sold out. I think I'll keep it on that's basis alone.

I think it would be too late to cancel anyways, don't you think? I think the day before it would say 'attempting to cancel' and then email you that it couldn't. They probably charge our CCs the day before.

I also kept mine because of the $39.99. I still considered though due to the reviews.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
EB took my Crackdown 3 for $50. really enjoyed it tho. did most of the collectibles the game had to offer except the races. fuck driving. going around the world double dashing and triple jumping was way faster and funner anyway. put the money in for Persona Q2 premium edition.

they're also doing a half off Platinum Edge thingy. it's like $7.50 until March 3rd or something

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
EB took my Crackdown 3 for $50. really enjoyed it tho. did most of the collectibles the game had to offer except the races. fuck driving. going around the world double dashing and triple jumping was way faster and funner anyway. put the money in for Persona Q2 premium edition.

they're also doing a half off Platinum Edge thingy. it's like $7.50 until March 3rd or something
Smart man. I'm getting myself a premium and a regular.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
For those that collect Scene points, they're changing the redemption/earning levels:

https://www.scene.ca/en-ca/updates

You'll earn more points for movies (except 3D) but redeem at a higher rate (except 3D). They're also halving the earning rate for snacks but doubling the base points for combos. Restaurant points don't change.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get Anthem from Amazon? It doesn't look like they got any in stock from what I can tell.

kennah

Nov 11, 2018
I started collecting Scene points when free movies were 800 points, and have never gotten a free movie from Scene, partly because they keep moving the goalposts (but mostly because I get free movies from easier sources and never pay Cineplex).
Then why bother collecting if you're never going to use them *shrug*. Seems like a waste to board these since you can only redeem two at a time anyway.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Scene redemption changes seem fine to me. They originally had a loophole where all movies (2D,3D,AVX,etc) would cost the same amount for a free ticket, so you could accumulate points buying 2D tickets, then redeem a D-Box ticket. While I enjoyed that loophole, I can't really blame them for changing it to what it is now.

The food things never applied to me, any one who buys candy at a theater deserves to be ripped off. Just head to a grocery store or 7-Eleven beforehand and save 50%.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Then why bother collecting if you're never going to use them *shrug*. Seems like a waste to board these since you can only redeem two at a time anyway.

Some people just don't go to the movies much. Also it's possible to earn 300 or more at a restaurant like Swiss Chalet, which can add up.

They also had deals where if you spent $30 or $40 on a gift card you would get some great coupons. Things like free popcorn, a free pop, a movie rental, buy one get one free, etc. So smart people like myself bought a few gift cards then. I still have one of them, so I haven't really had to use my points.

Granted I did on Saturday, for a free movie.

Scene redemption changes seem fine to me. They originally had a loophole where all movies (2D,3D,AVX,etc) would cost the same amount for a free ticket, so you could accumulate points buying 2D tickets, then redeem a D-Box ticket. While I enjoyed that loophole, I can't really blame them for changing it to what it is now.

The food things never applied to me, any one who buys candy at a theater deserves to be ripped off. Just head to a grocery store or 7-Eleven beforehand and save 50%.

It's fine if you don't already have points. They've fucked over longtime users who don't get to the movies a lot.

On top of that they got rid of the Scene food combo.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same with the free popcorn refill. You've already paid $7 for it.
Yup

We are not talking about Candy and I agree with you about that but popcorn and drinks should have a refill. It's not acceptable otherwise.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
We are not talking about Candy and I agree with you about that but popcorn and drinks should have a refill. It's not acceptable otherwise.
lol, i wasn't responding to you about popcorn and candy haha. Sure, give them refills. Agian, like candy, paying $7 for $0.50 of popcorn is a dumb move in the first place, popcorn is one of the cheapest foods to make on planet earth lol. I agree that they can probably spare refills without breaking the bank

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, i wasn't responding to you about popcorn and candy haha. Sure, give them refills. Agian, like candy, paying $7 for $0.50 of popcorn is a dumb move in the first place, popcorn is one of the cheapest foods to make on planet earth lol. I agree that they can probably spare refills without breaking the bank
lol I know :) Just felt like responding and I agree it's a cheap food to make but it's hard for me to sneak it into a theater

The point is all reward programs get worse as time goes on and hoarding points is not a good idea.
I fully agree

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry

You're not really wrong. It's an absurd price. There's something about movie theatre popcorn, though...when it's good.

I used to go a lot, but would rarely buy popcorn. Maybe once every several times. The last popcorn I got was through those gift card coupons. I can't remember the last time I actually paid.

Popcorn is one of my favourite things, so it's tempting every time I go.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
You're not really wrong. It's an absurd price. There's something about movie theatre popcorn, though...when it's good.

I used to go a lot, but would rarely buy popcorn. Maybe once every several times. The last popcorn I got was through those gift card coupons. I can't remember the last time I actually paid.

Popcorn is one of my favourite things, so it's tempting every time I go.

That's why I prefer VIP for the 3 times a year I go to the movies. $15 and you get a proper meal.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
If we're shitting on Cineplex, I'm sick of showing up for a movie on time and the movie doesn't start for 20-25 minutes because of ads and trailers. Fuck off with this crap

Status
Not open for further replies.