• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chunchun

Jun 9, 2019
So apperently in 2012, Ubisoft was making another reboot for Prince of Persia.

It was called Prince of Persia Redemption.
It was on Youtube since 2012 with 150 views and no one noticed it. Well, i guess one Ubisoft dev noticed.

bimxzXQ.png

tAcfjB3.png

Also linkedin page for another Ubisoft dev confirms it was real.
gNjvNP6.png

CXNyxdM.png

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It's Uncharted Creed of Persia. Kind of like the original Doom 4, probably not what anyone wanted from a new PoP

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I can see an executive looking at that vertical slice in 2012 and cancelling it because it's too close to Shadow of Mordor but without the Nemesis hook to market it.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
lol, the aesthetics definitely capture how i remember games from that era looking like

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of Shadow of Mordor a little bit

Edit: Oh wow this is very Old God of War

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it would have been decent, but very derivative. Uncharted style enviromental destruction platforming and God of War style mega-boss.

Doesn't look bad, but it would have needed a stronger Prince of Persia identity.

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
The body/spirit split mechanic looks pretty interesting tho i don't find the design of the prince veo appealing specially after the goat design of 2008

Oct 27, 2017
This seemed like the answer to 'What if Nathan Drake was the main character of God of War?". Looked cool but suspiciously non-playable, maybe it was only supposed to be internal.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly going for an AssCreed/GoW vibe.

Oct 24, 2019
That looks awesome, would have liked to play it.

Hopefully that "PoP 6" domain does materialize into something soon though

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Can't say I like it that much. It needs the One Thousand and One Nights vibe like the Sands of Time

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Oh this. I remember hearing about it a long time ago, definitely God of War inspired. Osiris was an evolution of this I think?

edit: also tgf.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
There are aspects of this that could find their way into a much better version (the time/spirit stuff and the moving level platforming).

It's a bummer the 2008 reboot didn't do better.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Was there some other version of this video that was more seen and taken down? This is a crazy situation.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Sad to see such a polished set piece not being used. Looks awesome. 2012 as fuck, down to rough handsome dude mc gee but kinda awesome.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'd buy it because I really want a new PoP, but this series really doesn't need Uncharted-ish automatic "platforming" :(