• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Man,i feel like a spoiled brat because they've released two big games this year and Iceborne is not that far away, but it feels like an eternity since we got any news,announcements or something from Capcom.
Yeah..sounds stupid and crazy,i know.

I mean, Capcom's only new game release this fiscal year is an expansion. So I don't think it's that stupid or crazy to feel like it's been a while since we've heard any Capcom news.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft isn't going to buy the entirety of SEGA (which is much bigger than just videogames) unless they plan to go hard on the Pachinko market. Deals between Cacpom / SEGA and Xbox could be possible though.

Without wanting to derail the thread any further, it is common to spin-off business segments of a M&A target either due to legal provisions imposed by the relevant government agency or because there is not much value for the acquiring agency.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Where is your Regina avatar?

Probably Dragon's Dogma 2 marketing rights.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
They are probably showing their next game to MS. It will probably debut at a MS event like X019 or E3

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks Microsoft, you're talking to Capcom to buy the rights to Dino Crisis right?

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Yes, but for gacha games like Fate/Grand Order and Granblue Fantasy. AAA games are dying fast there, except for Nintendo.
Yeah, but perhaps a way to make AAA games available to mobile and anywhere/any time is what that market needs.

(Not that I think it would justify MS buying a publisher other than Sega, I'm just curious to see how they react to streaming on phones they ready own )

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, if Capcom was being bought they'd be sending business people, not dev teams.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Microsoft did mention wanting to buy a Japanese studio...
giphy.gif

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Y'all, if Capcom was being bought they'd be sending business people, not dev teams.

Yup, usually this kind of suff isn't really handled by the heads of each division, more like the business side of Capcom itself.

Btw, apparently Pete Fabiano is there, he's a producer behind Global Production at Division 1 (worked on promotion related stuff with RE7, REmake 2 and DMCV as far as i can tell):