• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You really think Jill is popular with people who've never played RE games before RE4?

People play older games after newer ones, but since RE4 she starred in 3 of 4 chapters in Umbrella Chronicles, was in RE5, got 2 DLC chapters devoted to her in RE5 and the game rebranded to put her front and centre, was in Mercs Reunion (RE3 outfit too!), Operation Raccoon City, and starred in her own dedicated game too. Oh yeah, the MvC2 re-release had her, and so did MvC3. Oh yeah REmake has since been remastered and re-release too. And those crossover games as poster below reminded me.

Plus she was in 2 or 3 live action RE movies. Not sure if Apocalypse was before or after RE4.

This is much more than Leon has got since RE4. Who is Jill?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You really think Jill is popular with people who've never played RE games before RE4?
And what has Claire had?
Jill was a side character in the best selling game of the series,
Was the star of Revelations 1

Claire had Revelations 2(which of the 3 main characters she was the weakest)

Chris and Jill also had

and
latest

Not to mention REmake HD

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People play older games after newer ones, butbsince RE4 she starred in 3 of 4 chapters in Umbrella Chronicles, was in RE5, got 2 DLC chapters devoted to her in RE5 and the game rebranded to put her front and centre, was in Mercs Reunion (RE3 outfit too!), Operation Raccoon City, and starred in her own dedicated game too. Oh yeah, the MvC2 re-release had her, and so did MvC3. Oh yeah REmake has since been remastered and re-release too.

Plus she was in 2 or 3 live action RE movies. Not sure if Apocalypse was before or after RE4.

Who is Jill?
You do have a point. ButI have to say she feels like a classic fan favorite (for good reason) and when she turns up in recent projects, she's typically a nod to the older games and the fans of those games. Revelations 1 was sort of marketed as a return to classic RE, and starring Jill was the icing on the cake. I'm just not sure she has the same recognition with a typical modern fan as Leon and Ada and Wesker and Chris and other assorted characters who have featured heavily in mainline games. Particularly RE4. RE2 has a huge advantage because it's closely tied to RE4 and RE6. You've got Leon, you've got Ada, and you've got Sherry. Those characters were thrust to the forefront in the mainline games. RE3 has Jill and Nemesis. Of course Nemesis is an iconic antagonist in the series who appeared in the second live action movie which of course costarred Jill, but what I come back to is that Jill feels... slightly obscure to be basing an entire remake around if Capcom were being wary. RE2's cast = instant recognition. Even if people don't know Claire, they know Leon. RE3 is a bit odder. I know that fan recognition is not the be-all and end-all for greenlighting a remake, but I think it would be a factor. RE3 is a little bit obscure. Popular, yes. But not on the same level RE2 is. Maybe "black sheep" is the wrong word. It's just a little obscure.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It's time Capcom stopped shafting their best characters and finally made another game featuring Billy and Carlos.

Oct 28, 2017
I always wanted a Terminator game by Creative Assembly akin to Alien Isolation

REMake 2 demo in next few days pleeeease
Yes to this, but not quite. A Terminator game should be about running from the Terminator. The thrill of a chase sequence. So not quite the pure stealth/hide gameplay of Alien. I think stealth being an element works, but Nemesis style run for your life would suit Terminator better I think.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the characters will still look like their original version. New Chris looked nothing like the previous iterations or even the one from the CGI movie that came out at the same time haha,

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when everyone thought NuChris was HUNK...
People assumed he was the mysterious protagonist of the crappy singleplayer sections in Umbrella Corps. The theory wasn't entirely baseless. This character you play, who never removes his helmet, is so dangerous people start questioning whether he could be HIM.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is not sexualised

latest

Nor this

ec04f7c101dc724c9649577cb0294762.jpg

Those are the only 'canon' outfits she wears.
I was gonna say the same thing because the comment really puzzled me. Rev2 has really good character designs and (official) outfits that avoid some of the tackier female design tropes modern RE has tended to veer into. Even Moira nails that particular "teenage wannabe punk" look without it feeling exploitative.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Who are the re2/4 peeps working on this? Assuming that rumor was true

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
Who are the re2/4 peeps working on this? Assuming that rumor was true
Kamiya and Mikami were allegedly contracted as advisors. There were a few instagram photos of Kamiya outside Capcom's HQ.
And there's other with both Kamiya and Mikami inside a car. Kamiya is wearing the same clothes as in one of his pictures outside Capcom, so... maybe that tidbit is true.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I've waited for this remake since I was 16 years old in 2002. I am now 32....can't believe I've waited 16 years for this.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
what's the most educated guess regarding who is going to showcase this game?

Sony? MS? Capcom?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya and Mikami were allegedly contracted as advisors. There were a few instagram photos of Kamiya outside Capcom's HQ.
And there's other with both Kamiya and Mikami inside a car. Kamiya is wearing the same clothes as in one of his pictures outside Capcom, so... maybe that tidbit is true.
Wait, what? That's a fucking megaton

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, default outfits in RE games are almost always very practical*
Jill's always bugged me as a nitpick until Revelations.

Jill's vs every Male's uniform in STARS and the other Female STARS member.
latest
latest

pre-BSAA vs Male partner

RE5 bothered me the most though because

while it is aesthetically more in line with

Capcom just doesn't want Jill in a vest for whatever reason.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Jill's always bugged me as a nitpick until Revelations.

latest

vs
literally every Male in STARS
latest

vs
the other female STARS member

vs her Male partner

RE5 bothered me the most though because

vs

while it is aesthetically more in line with

Capcom just doesn't want Jill in a vest for whatever reason.

im actually a huge fan of Jill's BSAA outfit. It doesn't have much armor but looks like what an operative would wear.

Using both Jill and Chris's BSAA outfits in the REmake Remaster makes it look even better than compared to scrawny Chris or shoulder pads Jill.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im actually a huge fan of Jill's BSAA outfit. It doesn't have much armor but looks like what an operative would wear.

Using both Jill and Chris's BSAA outdirs in the REmake Remaster makes it look even better than compared to scrawny Cheis or shoulder pads Jill.
My only issue with them is that they didn't have REmake's grainy filter on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.