HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
A proper MvC4, MMX9 and a physical collection of the localized Ace Attorney titles that haven't had a physical release in the west.
First step should be a fucking amazing fighting game package at launch, be it SF6 or MvC4.

Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird how their fighting game division seems to be lagging behind. To be fair, SFV is a much better game now than it was at launch, and MvC:I was likely not entirely Capcom's fault. Hopefully next gen they'll be able to go back to the more welcoming reception to SFIV and MvC3.
They just didn't invest nearly as much money into those games. I think the next iterations will be much nicer "products" and that Capcom learned from the trouble those games had.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
You forgot to mention Monster Hunter World & Mega Man 11, OP.

As for what's next, probably Mega Man X9 & Ace Attorney 7. Street Fighter VI & Dragon's Dogma 2 likely won't be until next-gen.
I still want Niitsuma and Dev1 to squeeze out a Vs fighter on current hardware. I don't care what (TasuCap 2, Capcom Vs Capcom, Project Vs Zone w/Sega & Namco, etc) but they need to fill that MVCI sized hole asap.

I also feel like Ono's going to lose SF6.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A proper MvC4, MMX9 and a physical collection of the localized Ace Attorney titles that haven't had a physical release in the west.
First step should be a fucking amazing fighting game package at launch, be it SF6 or MvC4.
I still want Niitsuma and Dev1 to squeeze out a Vs fighter on current hardware. I don't care what (TasuCap 2, Capcom Vs Capcom, Project Vs Zone w/Sega & Namco, etc) but they need to fill that MVCI sized hole asap.

I also feel like Ono's going to lose SF6.
At this point, they'd be better off waiting until next-gen for any future fighting games & just support SFV for the remainder of this console generation.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I really, really want a Mega Man X game (since I know we'll never get a proper Legends 3).

Would love a MMX0 type game that links the Classic series to the X series. That lore is SO good.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
At this point, they'd be better off waiting until next-gen for any future fighting games & just support SFVI for the remainder of this console generation.
I'm not sure that works for the FGC. Capcom shouldn't give ArcSys the opportunity to entrench themselves in their 2nd slot, the next Vs fighter probably needs to happen before SF6.

Honestly I sort of want Dev 1 to take both SF, Vs and any other fighters over. Most of the old guard's there anyway and they can always contract with the expats wherever (Dimps, ArcSys, Arika, C&M, Byking, etc).

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm not sure that works for the FGC. Capcom shouldn't give ArcSys the opportunity to entrench themselves in their 2nd slot, the next Vs fighter probably needs to happen before SF6.

Honestly I sort of want Dev 1 to take both SF, Vs and any other fighters over. Most of the old guard's there anyway and they can always contract with the expats wherever (Dimps, ArcSys, Arika, C&M, Byking, etc).
They're only, what, a year left in this console generation? We're probably gonna get our next consoles in 2020, so there's no real point in squeezing out another fighting game this late in the game when better hardware is on the horizon.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sick and tired of open-world games. Really loved Resident Evil 2 Remake. Hope more games go that route: exploration without all that open-world padding.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
They're only, what, a year left in this console generation? We're probably gonna get our next consoles in 2020, so there's no real point in squeezing out another fighting game this late in the game when better hardware is on the horizon.

I fully expect the next fighting game to be cross gen if it's released by 2021. I don't think fighting games are so resource intense that they'd need PS5 equivalent HW so long as the art style is spot on.

Give me good netcode!!!

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
RE3 remake is likely.

I also want a battle network collection on current gen (+ Switch and PC) with multiplayer intact/supported. Or at least a new MMBN game. I know those types of games are designed to be portable but I find that a bit of an excuse, considering I'd gladly play them on PC. Steamworks support so you can just invite someone and play or even ranked matchmaking would be great.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Pretty sure we are going to have a new MH title for switch announced at some point this month. 15 anniversary is in a couple days and capcom has said there will be some announcements.

Jan 9, 2018
New onimusha in re engine
Dino crisis in re engine
Viewtiful Joe 3
Oracle of seasons and ages remakes for switch
Profit

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

Even if Capcom is making a next-gen game there's no way they don't make it compatible on current gen platforms. The PS4 and XONE still have plenty of years of life in them.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I fully expect the next fighting game to be cross gen if it's released by 2021. I don't think fighting games are so resource intense that they'd need PS5 equivalent HW so long as the art style is spot on.

Give me good netcode!!!
Even if Capcom is making a next-gen game there's no way they don't make it compatible on current gen platforms. The PS4 and XONE still have plenty of years of life in them.
Honestly, I don't really see a point in doing a cross-gen fighting game unless Capcom either wants to release a Switch port or wants to reuse assets from the previous game (Ex: SFVI reusing SFV's assets).....or both. That plus I don't recall an instance in recent memory where a Capcom fighting game went cross-gen.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Honestly, I don't really see a point in doing a cross-gen fighting game unless Capcom either wants to release a Switch port or wants to reuse assets from the previous game (Ex: SFVI reusing SFV's assets).....or both. That plus I don't recall an instance in recent memory where a Capcom fighting game went cross-gen.

Maximizing their potential install base?

Also, Ultra Street Fighter IV is on PS3 and PS4 -- unless you're referring to cross-gen differently (i.e. one unified player base between consoles).

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It can always be crossgen. It's not like Capcom fighters maximize any hardware really after the 90s.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Maximizing their potential install base?

Also, Ultra Street Fighter IV is on PS3 and PS4 -- unless you're referring to cross-gen differently (i.e. one unified player base between consoles).
What I'm referring to is something like SFV launching on PS3 & PS4 simultaneously.

It can always be crossgen. It's not like Capcom fighters maximize any hardware really after the 90s.
Like I said...

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Been a lot of begging towards Capcom lately lmao. RE3 remake is a lock and I thought Dragon's Dogma 2 was rumored as well? Not sure what dream games will come to fruition. They're probably working on another Street Fighter, I doubt we see another shot at MvC anytime soon after the last failure.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Mega Man Legends 3 would probably be the capstone to a great comeback for me personally. Get that series concluded.

Capcom has a TON of great IPs I'd love to see them bring back with a vengeance.

Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Viewtiul Joe, Okami, Power Stone, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Gargoyle's Quest/Demon Crest, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Puzzle Fighter, Chaos Legion, Bionic Commander, Dragon's Dogma,Asura's Wrath, Godhand, etc, etc, etc.

For the first time in a LONG time, I feel like Capcom can just pull it off.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Trick 2, Great Ace Attorney localization, GAA 3, AA 7
and of course MH portable 5th

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Lost Planet and Dead Rising are 2 series that likely won't return but you never know. Zombies and guns are always cool but it will be hard to stand out.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still awaiting my copy of DMC5 to arrive from UPS but I think Capcom's roadmap should be along these lines in terms of their releases;

Resident Evil 8; first person, VR integration
Resident Evil Remake 3; 3rd person, over the shoulder aiming
Resident Evil Revelations 3; 3rd person, more action oriented but still has emphasis on horror
Resident Evil Outbreak; online synchronous world where players must survive by managing supplies, ammunition, food and curatives. Battling against other players, zombies and bioweapons
Dragon's Dogma 2
Monster Hunter; entirely open world, legitimate tracking of creatures. Monsters have migratory behaviors as seasons change in the world, predatory/prey food web
Onimusha; set in a different culture/nation rather than feudal Japan, maybe draw inspiration from Arthurian legend or Genghis Khan, Alexander, Charlemagne, etc.
Lost Planet; a darker, more adult themed Lost Planet that resembles the tone and dourness of Blue Gender
Mega Man; Cel shaded side scroller with Mega Man and Zero
Devil May Cry 0; play as Sparda, the legendary dark knight as he lays siege to the human world and eventually meets Eva and journeys to hell to seal Mundus and decimate his legions to save Eva and end their conquest of the human world. Interconnected levels like Dark Souls/Bloodborne.
Dino Crisis 3; picks up where Dino Crisis 2 ended. Regina journeys back to save Paula and Dylan before they die. However, tampering with time has created fissures in the world where the modern world and prehistoric one converge. Dinosaurs are freely traveling between these fissures that are growing more numerous with every passing day and so David (he was saved by Regina when she returned to the past), Dylan and Regina must find the source of the fissures and find a way to stop it.

That's what Capcom needs to do.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm still awaiting my copy of DMC5 to arrive from UPS but I think Capcom's roadmap should be along these lines in terms of their releases;

Resident Evil 8; first person, VR integration
Resident Evil Remake 3; 3rd person, over the shoulder aiming
Resident Evil Revelations 3; 3rd person, more action oriented but still has emphasis on horror
Resident Evil Outbreak; online synchronous world where players must survive by managing supplies, ammunition, food and curatives. Battling against other players, zombies and bioweapons
Dragon's Dogma 2
Monster Hunter; entirely open world, legitimate tracking of creatures. Monsters have migratory behaviors as seasons change in the world, predatory/prey food web
Onimusha; set in a different culture/nation rather than feudal Japan, maybe draw inspiration from Arthurian legend or Genghis Khan, Alexander, Charlemagne, etc.
Lost Planet; a darker, more adult themed Lost Planet that resembles the tone and dourness of Blue Gender
Mega Man; Cel shaded side scroller with Mega Man and Zero
Devil May Cry 0; play as Sparda, the legendary dark knight as he lays siege to the human world and eventually meets Eva and journeys to hell to seal Mundus and decimate his legions to save Eva and end their conquest of the human world. Interconnected levels like Dark Souls/Bloodborne.
Dino Crisis 3; picks up where Dino Crisis 2 ended. Regina journeys back to save Paula and Dylan before they die. However, tampering with time has created fissures in the world where the modern world and prehistoric one converge. Dinosaurs are freely traveling between these fissures that are growing more numerous with every passing day and so David (he was saved by Regina when she returned to the past), Dylan and Regina must find the source of the fissures and find a way to stop it.

That's what Capcom needs to do.
So Mega Man X9? Classic Mega Man & Zero exist in completely different time periods.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Okami-HD-01-2060x1159.jpg

The sequel we need but don't deserve.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I want more Cacom Classics arcade collections which were absolute fire on PSP and PS2. Or a 194X specific shmup collection.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I want a new Onimusha so fucking bad. But with RE getting away from action, I see more and more posters on this forum wanting to see its return. They're wrong of course because action RE sucked, but I think Dino Crisis would be a perfect franchise to resurrect with an emphasis on action. I mean, how hype would it be to suplex a dinosaur?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
But wouldn't you need to scan in models for every character, including DLC? That plus we haven't seen anyone beyond Division 1 use the RE Engine (Street Fighter is Division 2).
Not sure on the specifics, but I would imagine it's possible to do it without needing everything. They can just scan the faces. But a content complete SF6 using the RE engine seems like a dream come true.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
DEEP DOWN i bet they are working on something interesting somewhere.

Capcom vs SNK 3
Ghosts n' Goblins mobile runner game
Toyotas and Dinosaurs

I'll be interested to see where they go with these classic franchises

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dragon's Dogma 2, but that'll take a few years.

We're probably getting Resident Evil 8 or Street Fighter 6 next in 2020, followed by Remake 3 and DD2 in 2021-2022.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

SFV and MvCI both run on UE4. SFVI and MvC4 will also run on UE4 unless something massive changes really soon all of a sudden. There will most definitely be a lot of recycling already because of that.