• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Resident Evil 8 (Co-op Action)
MegaMan X
MegaMan Zero/ZX Collection
MegaMan ZX3
Street Fighter VI
Devil may Cry 2
New Ace Attorney

...I'm not asking for a lot.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I would love to see a Dino Crisis reboot.

But I actually think they'll play it safe and do a RE3 remake next. I don't see them doing another fighter for a while.

Oct 25, 2017
Next IP will likely be Megaman. MM11 was just the start of the new push there.

RE3 is pretty much a given at this point.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is semi-likely.

I'd LIKE to see Deep Down, given I think RE Engine is what Phanta Rei eventually became.

My WISH would be to have Platinum do Viewtiful Joe 3 or God Hand...

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
-RE3Remake, RE8 and MHW2 seem obvious, now on to the less obvious and more exciting:
-A new Dino Crisis game will be wild
-Megaman Legends 3 needs to happen
-Let Platinum develop a new IP, or give them God Hand 2
-Rival Schools or something else as their main fighter game, retire Street Fighter/MvC for now, they grew stale, time for something new and fresh
-Onimusha or Maximo should come back, for some reason everyone forgets this series

So yeah I'll be interested in what they do outside their main IPs.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would like
1.- A proper street fighter (6) not aimed at casuals
2.- New Phoenix Wright for Switch
3.- New Ghost Trick for Switch

Kyubajin

Feb 22, 2019
RE3 remake is almost guaranteed now so, saving SF I guess?
Dragon's Dogma 2 and Mega Man 12 would be brilliant.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a up and down with Capcom. We need a new Dragons Dogma to get another great after DMC was kinda 'okey'. RE7 and MHW were greats. RE2 was 'okey' too.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I would like
1.- A proper street fighter (6) not aimed at casuals
2.- New Phoenix Wright for Switch
3.- New Ghost Trick for Switch
We'll likely get Ace Attorney 7 on the Switch. But if the 123 HD Collection is any indication, it'll also be on PS4/XB1/PC.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
-RE3Remake, RE8 and MHW2 seem obvious, now on to the less obvious and more exciting:
-A new Dino Crisis game will be wild
-Megaman Legends 3 needs to happen
-Let Platinum develop a new IP, or give them God Hand 2
-Rival Schools or something else as their main fighter game, retire Street Fighter/MvC for now, they grew stale, time for something new and fresh
-Onimusha or Maximo should come back, for some reason everyone forgets this series

So yeah I'll be interested in what they do outside their main IPs.

So how do you expect Capcom to maintain the Capcom Pro Tour without Street Fighter?

Oct 31, 2017
Well as far as this year the next "big" thing they have is the re-release of the Phoenix Wright original Trilogy on all consoles. I realize that the series is one of their more smaller more niche franchises but hopefully people who have never played will pick it up since its no longer trapped on 3ds and wii (and ios/android). And hopefully after this release they will announce release of the other 3 games as well as Ace Attorney 7

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SF6 seems like the most obvious choice. Personally would prefer MvC4, but that seems extremely impropable.

I'd also want to see RE3:RE and Dino Crisis. And obviously new RE, DMC, and MH sequels

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Capcom needs to grab Silent Hill from Konami!

Resident evil and silent hill under one dev?!

One can dream :)

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Division One is on a roll, no question. Division Two however needs a serious kick up the ass. It's seriously like Capcom is two different companies when you look at SFV and MvC:I compared to RE2, DMC5 and MHW.

As for what's next, I'd love a RE3 remake and a Nero only DMC game.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A really good SF from the scratch and not after 600 updates

A real good Marvel vs Capcom

A real good Dino Crisis

Onimusha reboot/remaster

Breath of Fire

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I loved Remake 2. I want to see franchises continue like Resident Evil and DMC

I know it's a sore subject around here but I would still like a DmC 2 (Still enjoying V).

Resident Evil 8

Resident Evil Revelations 3

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
No duh:
-New Mega Man X
-Resident Evil 8
-Resident Evil 3 remake

Re-releases/HD remasters that seem likely:
-Onimusha 2
-God Hand
-Viewtiful Joe
-Asura's Wrath
-Another megaman collection

Stuff likely but more than a year out:
-Dragon's Dogma 2
-New Onimusha
-Dino Crisis remaster/remake
-A fighting game, maybe a new Rival Schools or Capcom VS Capcom. Something to alternate with Street Fighter that's not so close in style that it competes with it.
-Street Fighter 6 (in like 3 years)

Oct 31, 2017
Maximo 3 idc if Maximo 2 didn't sell well and yes I know they were making a M3 that was a ripoff of Prince of Persia and it got canned, reboot the project
now

And Onimusha 5
And just because the RE engine is sexy doesn't mean that the games can't use more sexy CG cutscenes from ROBOT
FunaGrW.gif

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom would be wise to make a new IP with a decent budget behind it. They need to establish themselves as capable of more than just carrying the Capcom of yesteryear's legacy.