NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So, MHGU sold 1.7M in japan for 3DS, adding digital and games in the shelves let's say it sold 2M

It means MHGU sold about 1.7M on Switch

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Exactly.

ImaginativeFancyDevilfish-size_restricted.gif
ImpassionedHospitableDegu-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Street Fighter V is also the 2nd best selling Street Fighter game.

This feels kind of like a misleading statement, but I get it. It technically is regardless of context lol. I'm pretty happy it was able to bounce back, 5 million by the end of the year might be doable since there is a free trial going on right now that might get a few more people this quarter into buying the game then last quarter.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
This feels kind of like a misleading statement, but I get it. It technically is regardless of context lol. I'm pretty happy it was able to bounce back, 5 million by the end of the year might be doable since there is a free trial going on right now that might get a few more people this quarter into buying the game then last quarter.

Yea its kinda misleading since every iteration is counted into the same SKU. While the older games are separated by platform and re-releases.

Another way to look at it is. The Street Fighter V series has sold 4.7m out of the 45m sales of the Street Fighter Franchise.
Meaning SF2 , SF Alpha , SF4 , SF3 and SFEX have made up the remaining 40m.

I'd say sales wise the order is probably
SF2
SF4
SF Alpha
SFV
SF EX
SF3

In general comparing sales of Capcom platinum charts for anything outside of the PS3 and PS4 gen is misleading.

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Devil May Cry 4 + SE - 4.5 million
Devil May Cry 5 - 3.7 million
DmC + DE - 3.6 million
DMC 3 + SE - 2.3 million
DMC 1 - 2.16 million
DMC 2 - 1.7 million

DMC HD - 1.3 million (Not counting PS4, Xbone, Steam, or Switch version for any of the titles)

With the HD versions DMC 3 is near 4 million and DMC 1 is near 3.5 million

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Sale numbers are impressive, but I wish we would get revenue numbers per franchise as well. Selling games at $10- 20 skews those numbers tbh.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Sale numbers are impressive, but I wish we would get revenue numbers per franchise as well. Selling games at $10- 20 skews those numbers tbh.

Yea this is a big thing. A lot of the numbers for the older games like on PS1,PS2 are the sales of the Launch SKUs which probably sold at full price. The budgeted re-releases are all buried somewhere else in the sub 1m range.

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
Anybody have any insight into those RE3 Remake numbers? My gut says they're a little low but I'd like more opinions.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The statement I made is the same statement made by OP regarding REVII

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say sales wise the order is probably
SF2
SF4
SF Alpha
SFV
SF EX
SF3

I never thought about having the Alpha series above SFV, but I guess it is possible. We know SFV is at 4.7 million, the only Alpha game that appears in the platinum rankings is SFA3 with barely 1 million. The rest would have to sell have at least 3.7+ to tie or beat that and since I'm counting 10 versions of the game(only portable version I count is the PSP one), I guess it's very possible that each one averaged at least 400k each.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Really happy for RE7, such a bold direction and it ended up being one of the best REs. I remember all the "why are you turning RE into Amnesia?!" reactions.

Curious how capcom will sell ports of the RE games on next gen consoles. I've bought RE4 like 4 or 5 times already lol I don't think they can expect to do that this time, but they can definitley entice first time buyers with upgraded versions of RE7, RE2, etc.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
This just reminds me Capcom should do a Resident Evil Classic (1-Code Veronica) collection. Sadly the execs will never go for it.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought about having the Alpha series above SFV, but I guess it is possible. We know SFV is at 4.7 million, the only Alpha game that appears in the platinum rankings is SFA3 with barely 1 million. The rest would have to sell have at least 3.7+ to tie or beat that and since I'm counting 10 versions of the game(only portable version I count is the PSP one), I guess it's very possible that each one averaged at least 400k each.

Alpha 2 sold 900k in Japan Alone , Alpha 1 did 500k. Remember SF Series sales was over 30m even before SF4 released. I think the Alpha series would easily be 5m+. The problem is they were spread out across so many platforms and SKUs that the only individual entry that crossed 1m is the Launch SKU of the PS1 version. I don't think SF3 or EX series topped 1m tho. Maybe along with 3SOE it might have.

These are Japanese sales figures.

09_decline02.jpg

09_decline03.jpg

09_decline04.jpg

Agni

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
I find it really strange that they separate RE5 and RE5 Gold.

Nonetheless, these are good sales. Disappointed RE3 has performed weaker than RE2 since I liked it a lot. I would've hoped it performed as well as it at least. I played both RE2 and RE3 back to back so they were like one huge game for me. Absolutely fantastic experience and easily sitting as my favorite games this year. It's basically Jill Campaign > Claire 1st Run > Leon 2nd Run for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Strider at over a mil. It's alright, but here's hoping they see that success, make another one, and put a little more thought into the design.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Fantastic news, RE7 absolutely deserves this.
I'm so happy to see a true horror RE game do this well. This is very promising for the future of the franchise.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have any insight into those RE3 Remake numbers? My gut says they're a little low but I'd like more opinions.
Yes sadly they are lower than recent RE games.

Resident Evil 2 (2019) did 4.2 millions in its first 3 months.
Resident Evil 7 did 3.5 millions in its first 3 months.

In comparison, RE3 has done noticeably less.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Alpha 2 sold 900k in Japan Alone , Alpha 1 did 500k.

After seeing those numbers I'm convinced that the Alpha series is ahead of SFV now. I still don't think it's by much though as they probably didn't do as well in the west as they did in Japan.

It's too bad that they're too lazy to track sales for a lot of their older games. Alpha 2 should definitely be on the Platinum list for example.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see SFV manage to keep going, and with another awesome season of characters coming over the next year hopefully it'll manage to keep up the momentum (can't wait for Akira and Oro!)

Yes sadly they are lower than recent RE games.

Resident Evil 2 (2019) did 4.2 millions in its first 3 months.
Resident Evil 7 did 3.5 millions in its first 3 months.

In comparison, RE3 has done noticeably less.
Less effort = less sales. Seems fair to me. Maybe next time they won't gut a good 1/3 to 1/2 of the game and call it a remake (and cutting most of the best bits of the game at that...)
Be interesting to see how 4's remake is treated if the rumors are true. As that's a pretty darn big game.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Im pretty sure capcom themselves said they were happy with the sales of RE3 remake. Plus the game is pretty close to how the original did and it will probably surpass it in the future. Happy to see SFV still doing well. I still remember back in 2016 when people said the game would die after evo 2016 lmao

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Im sure eventually RE3 will do 4-5 mill once its price gets dropped a bit.
The revealations games sold a good bit less than i would have thought. Wonder if that influences capcom that every game going foward has to be a numbered one in some way(either new or remake) just to give people the impression that its a "main" game and not a spin-off.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ace Attorney is deader than dead still I guess. It's all Monster Hunter and Resident Evil from now on.

It hurts, not gonna lie.
Nah, we'll still get Street Fighter, Mega Man, Devil May Cry, & a Versus game. Hopefully with some more variety beyond just SF & Versus on the fighting game side of things going forward.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I feel like RE3 remake is more similar to how DMC5 did than RE2 lol. Still crazy to see how capcom is doing now compare to the start of this generation.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see a lot more diversity from Capcom next gen. At least 2 dormant franchises will come back.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna go tell Aunt Rhody.

I hope the takeaway from this is that BOTH first-person and third-person RE games can co-exist and not that only one can survive.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
And people were downplaying it. RE7 legs are very impressive

Kind of off-topic, but after seeing those Monster Hunter World I now understand why those Animal Crossing sales are a huge deal.

AC selling like 22m in 3 months only seemed a big deal because a Capcom game sold 16m? You didn't get that from it outselling Mario Odyssey, Pokemon S&S and BOTW and most third party games?

Dragon's Dogma sells 5million plus and still no sequel?

We are speculating that Itsuno's next game is DD2.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
While some will say: "But if combined RE6 and 5 have sold more!"

But RE7 that much alone without any re-releases (I wouldn't say the Gold Edition is really a re-release imho) is impressive.
You don't really need to combine 5 and 6, just combine 5 and 5 Gold Edition(I wouldn't say the Gold Edition is really a re-release imho) and it's at 10 millions!

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
So Mega Man 11, the Classic Series Collection, the X Series Collection and the Zero/ZX Collection combined did less than 100k in 3 months. Kinda weak.

I wonder how much the Zero/ZX Collection sold, they never said anything in their financial reports.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
They're lower than RE2's which shipped about 4 millions on the first month. But it's not really surprising considering its reception was way less than that of RE2. Full price for 4~6 hours game is a hard sell.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah the title isn't really accurate as RE7 sales are actually combined unlike older games.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
RE7 and DMC5 both selling pretty well still and my favorite SF keeps on trucking along with passable sales despite all the hate it receives. Everythings okay in Capcom world!

Oct 25, 2017
That top 5 combined RE sales is beautiful. Every type of RE from the last decade is there: TP action, FP horror, TP horror. It's great seeing all RE doing well.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Weren't RE7's initial sales tagged as "disappointing?" I remember that being a huge issue even if the game cost a lot less to make than RE6.

No matter, I'm glad it sold that high now. I really enjoyed that game and brought me back to the Resident Evil franchise so it's great to see people picking it up.