OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Blu-ray.com review (Winter Soldier) summary:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier was, and remains, one of the finest movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's smart, deep, very well made, and features some of the most grounded action the MCU has to offer. Disney's UHD release is very good all-around, despite the lower volume audio output. Crank it up, and it's fine. The new upscaled 4K/HDR video presentation makes for a well-rounded UHD image that offers a solid step up from the 2014 Blu-ray. That disc is included and contains all the supplements to be found in this set. Recommended.

Civil War review summary:
Captain America: Civil War interweaves global politics, personal ideals, and impressively crafted action into one of the most complete Superior movies in the Marvel canon. It's deep, smart, and intense, a genuinely strong picture that seamlessly meshes high concept storytelling with near flawlessly crafted baseline excitement. Disney's UHD release delivers a quality 4K/HDR video experience that offers a solid all-around upgrade over the Blu-ray. The Atmos track is fine with volume adjusted upwards. No new extra content is included, but the bundled Blu-ray carries over all the material released back in 2016. Recommended.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why they released these with worse boxart. The original theatrical ones were way better. I'll pick them up because I was in Japan when I caught these two (and didn't bother buying the regular BDs during my time there).

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
My boxset came yesterday, the sound is borked like most of the Disney stuff and there is a touch of DNR here and there and that was just not needed on a digital production.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
When is Disney going to release the original Iron Man in 4k? It's ridiculous that it has not been released yet in that format and also Leonardo DiCaprio's The Beach on Blu-ray or 4K - I can't believe that movie hasn't even had a Blu-ray release yet!

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
When is Disney going to release the original Iron Man in 4k? It's ridiculous that it has not been released yet in that format and also Leonardo DiCaprio's The Beach on Blu-ray or 4K - I can't believe that movie hasn't even had a Blu-ray release yet!
They are getting there. Rumors of the next backlog 4K titles are the first two Thor movies. Iron Man was rumored for fall I think.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
My boxset came yesterday, the sound is borked like most of the Disney stuff and there is a touch of DNR here and there and that was just not needed on a digital production.

If that is the case, I didn't notice. I did a visual comparison last night and WS has great uptick in detail, and the HDR did wonders over the comparatively duller BD image. Same with CW.

May 30, 2018
do the Best Buy steelbooks not have a digital copy? there's a few available near me but 35 is a lot if it doesn't also have a code.

i'm also hesitant to pick up any MCU movies as it is. i feel like they'll release some super mega 4K box set through Endgame at some point down the line.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Will pick these up on sale, don't need to replace my blu ray versions at 25+ a movie.
Huh, guess it's not available in the US. Bummer.

You can order the UK boxset from Amazon.co.uk and get them shipped to the US super easily. You don't even have to make a new account. I got all 3 movies shipped to the US for $48. The 4k discs are region free and will play just fine. I'm not sure about the blu-ray ones, but I dont care about those. The only downside is they won't be here till the 5th of May. So I can't watch them before Endgame. But if you're waiting for a sale anyway, might as well just order these.

I wonder why they are so much cheaper? I'm thinking of ordering some more European discs. For example the French version of the entire Batman: TAS series is like $30.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
do the Best Buy steelbooks not have a digital copy? there's a few available near me but 35 is a lot if it doesn't also have a code.

i'm also hesitant to pick up any MCU movies as it is. i feel like they'll release some super mega 4K box set through Endgame at some point down the line.

Both of mine came with digital codes, and all the steelbooks I had have come with codes.

Watched WS last night and it's still damn good, going to finish Civil War tonight.

Have almost all the Steelbooks from best buy.. is there a place to get older ones that are no longer carried?

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can order the UK boxset from Amazon.co.uk and get them shipped to the US super easily. You don't even have to make a new account. I got all 3 movies shipped to the US for $48. The 4k discs are region free and will play just fine. I'm not sure about the blu-ray ones, but I dont care about those. The only downside is they won't be here till the 5th of May. So I can't watch them before Endgame. But if you're waiting for a sale anyway, might as well just order these.

I wonder why they are so much cheaper? I'm thinking of ordering some more European discs. For example the French version of the entire Batman: TAS series is like $30.

No digital codes though, right? That's arguably worth the difference in price, though probably not to me. I'll check out that import option, thanks.