• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

belinho3

Dec 30, 2017
Is it explained how the special skills are activated? Context based and automatic, or manually?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that looks pretty fun and great, I'm excited! :D Although I do wish they would tone down the dust-trail by a large degree all characters have while running.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I would say I hope this gets more people into the anime, but Viz has been sitting on the license and doing nothing with it.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I will tell you something, Bamco. You slap the "Supercampeones" name on the cover and you get my money.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I honestly expected the trailer to oversell it a bit. But its actually even looks good just in simple gameplay not cut together for a trailer.

I'm baffled in a very positive way.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017

First gameplay footage of Captain Tsubasaa: Rise of New Champions.

More or less confirms that this game will be focused largely, if not solely on the anime adapted content up till the end of Middle School Tournament, as the team options are Nankatsu and Toho.

Gameplay is aiming to be landing in the middle ground of a FIFA/PES experience and a Mario Strikers experience.

Wait, that particular goal keeper actually caught the tiger shot and wasn't scared is it should be?

pre-order cancelled!

in all seriousness this looks so goood.

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
I hope we will be able to create our own dream team. I remember there was a character who was really good, but who had a heart illness I guess. He was as good as the main character, I would like to play with him and all my other favorite characters at the same time.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this game is an actual football game then? I thought it was just some turn based type game. Is the gameplay closer to arcade style football games or is it doing it's own thing?

Reminds me of that crazy Midway football game with all those special moves lol.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Holy shit this game is an actual football game then? I thought it was just some turn based type game. Is the gameplay closer to arcade style football games or is it doing it's own thing?

Reminds me of that crazy Midway football game with all those special moves lol.
Red Card Soccer, where you could play against teams of dolphins, apes, SWAT and Samurais.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Nankatsu vs. Meiwa, oh the memories. This looks much more fluid than i thought it would be. Really happy right now.

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
It looks fun, but I'm afraid it will quickly become repetitive. The animations for the kicks/goals are always the same, it seems impossible to score a goal without the goalkeeper first stopping the ball and then letting the ball pass.

Bluforce

Oct 27, 2017
wYpWIMX.png

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
It looks phenomenal! hopefully there's a cool story mode, it seems it covers the beats from the recent anime remake at least.

Also lol at Morisaki catching Kojiro's tiger shot!

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Guys, this anime is a monument in Italy. There was a time when it was trendy to wear shirt that looks like the anime's jersey (especially the Mark Lenders one).
I wonder if it will have the 10km field with the giant earth curvature :D

Too bad it skips the most powerful console, I am gonna pick it up for the Switch and try to not mind about 4k60.

*rolls the sleeves of the shirt up to the shoulders* Tiro io

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I would say I hope this gets more people into the anime, but Viz has been sitting on the license and doing nothing with it.
Is there an easy way to watch the anime legally? I'm in UK so it's perhaps even more difficult for me. I love sports anime/manga though and I've wanted to check out Tsubasa since Dream Team came out on iOS.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
The close ups are super nice but match gameplay seems ass, players run to slow.

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
HO-LY SHIT.

Day One!

Not a football fan at all, but this was my gem as child. Tsubasa was a huge thing in Germany.
Same here . I don't watch soccer but World Cup . ANd I spent all my childhood playing the Famicom version in Japanese . Hell I learned Japanese words in this game .

I seriously can't fucking wait and I am triple dipping to support this . 2 physical to keep sealed for future and play the shit out of the pc version

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Been waiting forever for this series to come to the States. This version looks fantastic. I've always dreamed about Konami just forgoing the licensing battle with EA and making PES into an RPG hybrid featuring fictional characters. It seems like such a sure-fire hit.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It looks awesome, but without RPG elements it won't scratch my itch for Inazuma Eleven :(

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
omg finally, was tired of the boring mobile grind