lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea what "Shadowlands" was before this thread. Whew! That absolutely needs to be in the remake.

I'd bet my left testicle that song tops the charts with Beyonce's name attached to it in 2019.

Of the new songs, Shadowlands is the most theatrical. It would work in the movie, but not as a pop single. I think it gets cut.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All three are beautiful. And they are all "dated," as you can tell what era each was created.

Gotta disagree. If the first two were made now, they would look amazing. I wish stuff that was made now looked like that sometimes.

I don't want to see anything that looks like The Lion King ever again. If something was made now looked like that, I'd be wondering what was wrong.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like people don't understand how famous Beyonce is and if you can get her to do something...you do it

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Gotta disagree. If the first two were made now, they would look amazing. I wish stuff that was made now looked like that sometimes.

I don't want to see anything that looks like The Lion King ever again. If something was made now looked like that, I'd be wondering what was wrong.
I'm a professional animator; I like the look of The Lion King still. That's not nostalgia talking, the lighting looks the most appealing and fluid in motion than any other 2D Disney film. Going from Beauty and the Beast to that style is a huge fucking leap in my eyes, even though they leaped right backward a year later with Pocahontas. Just because people don't use the same techniques as they used to doesn't automatically date something.

Oct 25, 2017
You are one of one. Beyonce is one of the most famous voices and talents on the planet and I don't even really like her music.

Nowhere as many know who Monae is

See, that's the kicker right there for me. I don't give a shit if no one else knew who Janelle Monae is. I think she'd be the more worthwhile collaborator in terms of both acting and musical writing. Being famous has jackshit to do with it for me. It's about quality.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See, that's the kicker right there for me. I don't give a shit if no one else knew who Janelle Monae is. I think she'd be the more worthwhile collaborator in terms of both acting and musical writing. Being famous has jackshit to do with it for me. It's about quality.
And Beyonce will definitely bring quality, but ay, the main goal for these people is money. Beyonce is guarenteed money

Oct 25, 2017
And Beyonce will definitely bring quality, but ay, the main goal for these people is money. Beyonce is guarenteed money

She'll definitely bring quality for the music. It's the acting that has me a bit worried. Monae brings it on both regards, no question.

Also this is The Lion King. It's going to be guaranteed money regardless of Beyonce.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Last edited:

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump but this is what's wrong with hollywood as it is. People with actually acting talent can't get rolls because of this thinking.
Adult Nala ain't gon be speaking in the movie for long

She is there for her singing and again....Childish Gambino x Beyonce track(s) on the soundtrack that will be smackin

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyoncé as Nala, really? Okay...

This is the most hype I've been for a movie in a long time, but only because the original movie is my favorite of all time... this is gonna be a disaster, isn't it? Didn't they already change something as big as Scar not being Mufasas brother? He's just his friend now, or something like that?

Wat

No, Scar is still Mufasa's brother. He's always been his brother, whether in the original or in this remake.

Oct 27, 2017
This is that "live action" lion king that's just gonna be 3d animated rather than 2d and with real backgrounds right? Good to see my boy Eric Andre, wish he was Zuzu though. Just so he could squeeze a "BIRD UP" in there.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Elton John at work on new Lion King song for Beyonce
Elton John and Tim Rice are working on a new song for Beyonce to sing in the live-action remake of The Lion King, according to UK newspaper The Sun. John told the publication that they were also working on a new end credits song, and that four of the films original tracks would be featured inn the remake, "Can You Feel The Love Tonight," "Hakuna Matata," "I Just Can't Wait To Be King," and "Circle of Life."
www.playbill.com/article/elton-john-at-work-on-new-lion-king-song-for-beyonce