• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Was very impressed with all three episodes.

Shame that they just didn't release the whole season.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
About to start episode 3

I'm a fan

Alright what the fuck episode 3 opener

Last edited:

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Derry just felt like a normal town with some really bad parents and a bad history in the movie. When it should be this wretched depressing nightmare of a small town just oozing evil and malice. I never got the sense from the movie that Derry was corrupted to its core, at least not how the book portrayed the town

The descriptions of Castle Rock here sound like it nails that kind of vibe, of a town haunted and infested by evil, with a very dark and very long shadow hanging over it

The series so far does a better depiction of the the Derry evil malignant cancerous town thing with Castle Rock than any other King adaption. For that reason almost alone it feels pure King. I hope it delivers.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
First episode was fantastic. My wife who doesn't like scary movies or shows watched because of my insistence - and she's hooked.

Can't wait to watch the rest.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm about to stop using my sisters account and subscribe to Hulu for this

I'm also about to immediately unsubscribe to Hulu for putting out the rest of the episodes one week at a time.

Shit is straight up not acceptable these days

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
This is the first I've heard of this and I'm a HUGE Stephen King fan.

Maybe I shouldn't, but I want to believe this is going to be good.

Please!

PLEASE!!!

OP
OP
browinie

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
Got around to watching the first episode last night and thought it was brilliant. The episode starts really well and ends on a high, everything in between had my undivided attention. The homage paid to King's stories is also apparent and I can't wait to watch another episode tonight.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I love this show, it's slow and full of dread abd mystery my favorite. Plus Mickey from shameless is such a amazing actor

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode, really interesting story.

My only complain is that it's shot kinda poorly. Not a very visually appealing show.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Watched all three, yeah, I'm definitely liking this a lot.

The second and third were noticeably shot better than the first. The first almost looks like a different show.

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure I like the show. 3 episodes in and I don't know what's the point of the show. Can anyone explain the plot? Is the Lawyer gonna set the devil free?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
One of my complains is the acting with the lady that has powers. She seems like a really serious character but the high pitchess of her voice and the way she speaks makes all her scenes come off kinda off...funny? You compare her to the actress that plays the same character but younger version comes off with a bit more gravitas.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
The series so far does a better depiction of the the Derry evil malignant cancerous town thing with Castle Rock than any other King adaption. For that reason almost alone it feels pure King. I hope it delivers.
They knew what they were doing by making season one about The Reason why Castle Rock is evil.

I'm not sure I like the show. 3 episodes in and I don't know what's the point of the show. Can anyone explain the plot? Is the Lawyer gonna set the devil free?
You're three episodes in and you want the entire season arc?

May 5, 2018
One of my complains is the acting with the lady that has powers. She seems like a really serious character but the high pitchess of her voice and the way she speaks makes all her scenes come off kinda off...funny? You compare her to the actress that plays the same character but younger version comes off with a bit more gravitas.
You leave Melanie Lynskey alone.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

She does seem miscast in this. I got excited when I saw her sister was the main actress from the first season of Fargo but she hasn't popped up again.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great show.

It highlights why I never use my Hulu account on PC though. Both Firefox and Edge, which I have never even used until this, instantly log me out as soon as I log in. Chrome works fine but it was annoying having to redownload it after the other two big browsers wouldn't work.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Explain for me please:

To what extent does this show connect or share timelines with previous Stephen King stories?

How is this meant to be an anthology? Will next year have a different setting with the same cast? Or the same setting with a different cast? Will it be rebooted completely for Season 2?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Explain for me please:

To what extent does this show connect or share timelines with previous Stephen King stories?

How is this meant to be an anthology? Will next year have a different setting with the same cast? Or the same setting with a different cast? Will it be rebooted completely for Season 2?

Literally no one knows this or if there even will be a season 2. This is the first week of the first season.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally no one knows this or if there even will be a season 2. This is the first week of the first season.
To say that the show is "an anthology" implies that there will be significant year-to-year changes. I'm curious what they really mean by this though, since different "anthology" shows work different ways. If they're already calling it an anthology then they certainly have plans for new seasons, even if those subsequent seasons haven't been greenlighted.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
To say that the show is "an anthology" implies that there will be significant year-to-year changes. I'm curious what they really mean by this though, since different "anthology" shows work different ways. If they're already calling it an anthology then they certainly have plans for new seasons, even if those subsequent seasons haven't been greenlighted.

I take it to mean that this season is a series of new stories set in the fictional town of Castle Rock where many other stories have taken place. In this story, Cujo, the Dark Half, Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption and Needful Things occurred. This is just another series of characters interacting in that world.

OP
OP
browinie

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
Explain for me please:

Castle Rock will tell original stories it shares no timelines with King's works, it does however take locations, themes, and narrative inspirations directly from he's books. There's a long interview with the creators Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason at Collider.

Interview:

Sam Shaw said:
We have always been huge, huge, huge fans and acolytes of Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. It felt like, if we paced ourselves and just tried to tell one worthy installment in the prison and crime and punishment sub-category of Stephen King stories, that would be a lofty enough task, in and of itself. The hope is that we can come back and tell a monster story or a different kind of story, in a future season.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Watched the three episodes this weekend and I'm hooked. Looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds and what the future holds for the series.

shotopunx

Nov 21, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Really enjoyed the first three, but was under the impression before that it was an anthology in the style of the Twilight Zone, with a different story each episode.