• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The original rumor stated the collection was multi platform, I really hope that's really the case.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I've never played Rondo so I'm interested. SOTN I already own and play thanks to XB1 bc.

How about a more comprehensive collection, Konami? Hell, I'd even try Castlevania 64 again if you let me.

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh seeing this get rated by the esrb honestly just kills my excitement. When the rumors claimed a collection, I was hoping for more than SotN and Rondo... There are so many good ones left behind, especially the gba/ds ones

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
Wouldn't be surprised if they make more collections. A GBA/DS collection along with the NES and 16 bit ones would be great. Of course, this is all dependent on how far Konami wants to go with this.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

He knows more than he's willing to divulge.

After all, I'm still waiting on whatever is the meaning of this, from over a month ago:

rnUKraz.jpg

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He knows more than he's willing to divulge.

After all, I'm still waiting on whatever is the meaning of this, from over a month ago:

That picture is of a romhack, but it would seem perhaps Imran is in the know about something.

I only ask two things
- It's in the original canon
- It's not the 1999 Demon Castle War. Nobody at Konami should touch that idea, because the people pushing for that climax don't work there no more.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Katamari Damacy Reroll exclusive to Switch.

A Castlevania double pack exclusive to PS4.

Japanese publishers being weird about exclusivity again.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Katamari might be coming as a PS2 classic on PS4. Re-roll doesn't look like it adds anything.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
None of those things make a great game. Inverted castle was a nice surprise, although the requirements for it are awfully explained, and after the initial "wow! there's a lot more to explore" moment, you realize just how poorly designed it is, and I don't know how anyone can argue it isn't. It reminds me of the Julius mode in the portable versions, that is also incredibly poorly designed, but not mandatory at least.

Aria and Dawn are definitely the best exploration Castlevanias, and OoE is a great mix of old and new. The soul system in the Sorrow games is absolute genius and a great incentive to get you to know the monsters and complete the bestiary.
Agreed with everything.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Especially after putting Simon Belmont in the new Smash Bros. I really don't think it will be exclusive. Why milk an old franchise just to stop halfway?

Completely agree.
Remasters are an excellent opportunity for market research. Does the brand still have legs? If so, what incarnation of the franchise would work best?

Get all the data you can; release the remaster(s) on as many platforms as possible and see how well it sells - and where.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance those handhelds Castlevania games on DS would ever come to PS4 or are they owned by Nintendo.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Everytime I see this thread bump I don't see "Korea". Fuck!

May 21, 2018
I'm pretty sure this is a PS2/PSP upressed re-release to PSN and considering it's already rated, it's going to drop really really soon.

Obviously it's digital only.

This would also explain the exclusivity. You just might be on to something...

On the other hand, I could see Konami simply allowing Nintendo to publish CV1-3, Super CV4, and CV Rebirth on Ninty's new online service at some point.

Jan 11, 2018
this tbh
and shanoa is low key the best castlevania character

Count me in among the fans who thinks OoE is the best one!

Yet this is a collection of games with nearly the same resolution?
DS Screens are 256 × 192.
SoTN's resolution is 256x208.
It's really pretty much the same.

They're both 4:3 (one via native resolution, the other via intended aspect ratio).

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I still find it very weird to release this alongside the Castlevania Netflix show and not even include the game said show is based on.

It would've been really smart to do a compilation of Dracula's Curse, Curse of Darkness, Rondo, and Symphony of the Night as a tie-in to the show.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
That picture is of a romhack, but it would seem perhaps Imran is in the know about something.

I only ask two things
- It's in the original canon
- It's not the 1999 Demon Castle War. Nobody at Konami should touch that idea, because the people pushing for that climax don't work there no more.

Which romhack, if you don't mind me asking?

But in any case...I heard that at least Hagihara is still at Konami. Is that true? What about Toshiharu Furukawa? If either one of those are still there, and wanted to work on a game, then they were ones speaking of the 1999 idea long before IGA was doing so by himself.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Can we lock this thread until there is an announcement?

Everytime it pops up I keep thinking it's been finally announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.