• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I hope it's a custom version of SOTN with Saturn's content, PSX visuals & voice acting & PSP's Maria, probably a bit too much wishful thinking though.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
fe6.png

What a triumphant return

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this what people were expecting? It seems a little mean only offering two games. Are we missing a huge amount that couldn't come to NES Classics and SNES Classics on Switch?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rondo may be the GOAT, but Symphony being the go to game to focus on is kinda lame, I already own it like thrice. A classic collection would be so much better... Oh well, still getting this.
That was subtitled "The Dracula X Chronicles", wasn't it? It's a remake of Rondo, but it's NOT called Rondo from what I recall.
Yes, the remake is called Dracula X Chronicles. Rondo and SOTN may be unlockable but the game isn't really presented as a collection.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Is this what people were expecting? It seems a little mean only offering two games. Are we missing a huge amount that couldn't come to NES Classics and SNES Classics on Switch?

If it's a full collection, i expect everything going from NES to PS2/N64 and everything from Gameboy to DS/PSP. The Lords of Shadows games and Judgement shouldn't be bothered with, they can rot in an archive in my opinion.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's about time Konami realized they had these things just waiting to make easy money on current platforms. Hoping it's on more than just PS4, though I'd imagine even if it just launches there it'll eventually get ported around.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Sounds like it's just the PSP collection HD remastered...so just two or three games. Weird. Maybe it's a PSN thing.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll keep my hype in check until we get proper details, both in terms of games and platforms. This is Konami we're talking about...

Seriously. This needs to feature at least Rondo, SotN, the NES trilogy, and Super Castlevania IV.

Everyone always forgets Bloodlines. Hasn't been released anywhere but the Genesis and it's easily among the best of Classicvania.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
If it is only these two, then maybe Konami is releasing a few separate bundles (This, the GBA games, the DS games etc.) instead of a super-collection.

As I currently have no legal way to play SOTN without hooking up my original PlayStation, I'd be happy to pay a few quid for an up-to-date digital version. Especially if it comes to Steam or GOG.

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's time to pay respect to the Belmont that transitioned the franchise from linear to metriodvania.
giphy.gif

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they'll make it widescreen... No pixel filtering and crt options.
Run the 3D backgrounds in higher res.
Put the saturn content too.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Call me crazy but something tells me 'Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood' will only feature Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood.

Oct 30, 2017
I think they will probably make collection of games that directly relate to eachother

SotN + RoB Collection
AoS + DoS Collection

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
requiem

(especially in the Roman Catholic Church) a Mass for the repose of the souls of the dead.

An act or token of remembrance.

Oct 29, 2017
This is probably a port of the Dracula X Chronicles collection from PSP under a new title.

Great news though! Rondo needs to be made more widely available! (hopefully it comes with the TG16 original and not the 2.5D remake instead...)

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm glad to see anything Castlevania, part of me is sad that the collection of rumor is only 2 games, though it's two of the best CVs period (ROB is my fav). And sorry, ERA, I loved the remake too

I do hope for a physical copy though...

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Fuck me the port begging in this thread is ridiculous. PS4 version for me if the price is sensible.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
We need a special legislation for Switch port begging asap if we want to preserve the community.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Y'all greedy yo. When Richter got announced for Smash, everybody was begging JUST for a port of SOTN on modern consoles. Now y'all acting like it ain't enough. I would gladly pay $20 for these two games alone.

OP
OP
ULTROS!

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling this might be digital only though. Hope there's a retail version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.