Status
Not open for further replies.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling this might be digital only though. Hope there's a retail version.

No kidding. It's really annoying.
Heh
I dunno but at this situation it'll be smarter to release it on non-Switch consoles too because that way, those who don't have Switch can get this. What the hell is Namco Bandai thinking releasing this at the same day as Smash because majority of the Switch fanbase will be focused on Smash.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The one included in DXC was very poorly scaled with crap blurry filtering, and not perfectly emulated, had sound issues. Might just be the presentation there being poor, but it did visually suck on the PSP.
I see. Yeah we definitely don't want a repeat of that. I'm also concerned with frame lag, as that seemed to be a problem on the Mega Man X Anniversary Collections.

I hope they have M2 working on this thing, though they probably have their hands full with Sega Ages.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Fuck me the port begging in this thread is ridiculous. PS4 version for me if the price is sensible.
Oh please, these are classics that might as well be considered part of the public domain by now; there's nothing to be gained by stanning for exclusivity here.

I do think this place would benefit from changes in how "port begging" (such an immature and loaded term, btw) is moderated; the old place allowed new threads in favor of games being ported, which resulted in Grief's massively successful Sega PC port campaign. There's no reason standalone threads for such purposes shouldn't be allowed here, as long as they have some actual effort put into them.

manzo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm preparing for a massive disappointment. This IS Konami we're talking about. Silent Hill remastered? Original Zone of Enders remasters anyone?

This will probably be a straight emulation with no filters or anything, akin to Xbox Live version of SOTN.

Keep your expectations in check until we know who is doing this release and what is their scope.

OP
OP
ULTROS!

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do you need to justify that I'm port begging? I'd love to get Katamari for Switch but Smash is the priority. It might help sales if it wasn't together with Smash and released a bit further along, making it multiplat might help I guess if it was to compete against Smash (well it's on PC but that's good already).

Anyway thanks for being classy. Onto my ignore list.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could just not whine about port begging in a thread that has pretty much no news or details. Port begging is an issue when there's actually something to be discussed. There's nothing really to discuss yet until the official announcement, so stop being so precious about your threads maybe?

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reserving my hype for when reviews come out and assure us that the ports aren't shit. Knowing Konami they will fuck this up by doing Unity ports that run at half framerate or something.

Also it'd be cool to see GBA ports on here, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's be nice to have a definitive collection that had every title and done well, but that's not the Konami way in 2018.
I'm preparing for a massive disappointment. This IS Konami we're talking about. Silent Hill remastered? Original Zone of Enders remasters anyone?

This will probably be a straight emulation with no filters or anything, akin to Xbox Live version of SOTN.

Keep your expectations in check until we know who is doing this release and what is their scope.
We could only be so lucky to get a straight emulation, done well, with no filters. But since this is Konami, I fully expect some non-defeatable awful Super2XSal filter or something.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

TBH, I think that's more or less fine with games like SOTN. It doesn't need much to get into decent shape, it has less room for them to screw things up.

OP
OP
ULTROS!

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for pointing out I'm port begging guys. Seriously. I'm wrong and you guys are right.

Anyway I think I'll leave the community for now, not so happy with how I made myself a fool.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Megaton if OG Rondo, theycantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif if Dracula X PSP remake Rondo.

I expect the worst and hope for the best with this. Assuming all the planets align, this will be a fantastic and long-overdue way for everyone to enjoy the choicest of Classicvania (hell arguably the series as a whole).

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok that's fine and dandy but I need Casutlevania Bloodlines to be brought back from cartridge hell! That's still the only 2D console CV game who's never been ported anywhere else and Iran only legally available in a FMAB Génesis not cart! SotN on the other hand could already be played on PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Vita, X360, and XB1. I welcome it on PS4 but cmon!

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Port begging is useless since those games will release on everything anyway.

Though now that I think of it SotN never released on a Nintendo platform... It's FF7 all over again

OP
OP
ULTROS!

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of good ways to solve the current situation, this unfortunately isn't one of them.

So I'll take it back what I said about Katamari and what I said here.

Anyway a big S O R R Y to those from what I've said and tried to prove that I'm also a console warrior or something.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I'll take it back here and say "it's ok to port beg".

Well...

Though now that I think of it SotN never released on a Nintendo platform... It's FF7 all over again

This exactly. With FFVII (and IX, X, XII...) coming to Nintendo hardware for the first time i think it's ok for us Nintendo fans to be hyped and ask for a collection that includes Symphony of the Night

I think it's time already.

OP
OP
ULTROS!

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've got cases where a game was rated for a single platform and it ended up on other platforms as well. I think it's best to wait for the official announcement.

Tbh, I think this will end up in all platforms but there are chances it will release on PS4 first and everywhere else in the future.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Oof.

Let's move on from this port begging bullshit. As of right now, the collection and the platforms haven't been officially announced.

ragnarok21

Nov 26, 2017
I will wait for full details because I'm interested but this is competing with games like Hollow Knight that I still haven't played.

Deleted member 3769

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be funny that Nintendo puts the characters in smash and then the games stay on Sony machines...I sincerely doubt that....otherwise it will be bad a business decision of Nintendo.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally get a chance to beat rondo. Hope we get built in integer scaling to 720p and 4k

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
What is happening to the world, my mind cannot handle all these announcements God Dammit.

DMC5, Samurai SHODOWN, Onimusha, Street of rage 4, PS1 Classic, and now Symphony of the night............

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Oh please, these are classics that might as well be considered part of the public domain by now; there's nothing to be gained by stanning for exclusivity here.

I do think this place would benefit from changes in how "port begging" (such an immature and loaded term, btw) is moderated; the old place allowed new threads in favor of games being ported, which resulted in Grief's massively successful Sega PC port campaign. There's no reason standalone threads for such purposes shouldn't be allowed here, as long as they have some actual effort put into them.
New threads would be preferable to shitting up dozens of other threads. I don't care whether a game comes to switch or not it's just annoying having to scroll past loads of similar comments in pretty much every thread where switch isn't explicitly listed as a platform.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I'm about to be super disappointed if the rumors I've been hearing all this time of a Castlevania Collection are true and it's only Rondo and Symphony.

Rondo and Symphony are great and all, but I want the NES, SNES, and Genesis Castlevania games too.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Given the title I feel like Konami is following Capcom's lead and doing 2 collections; one for Ricter and one for Simon.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
New threads would be preferable to shitting up dozens of other threads. I don't care whether a game comes to switch or not it's just annoying having to scroll past loads of similar comments in pretty much every thread where switch isn't explicitly listed as a platform.

Nice of you to ignore me listing out the PS4 port-begging. It seems less that you have a problem with port-begging, and more that you have a problem with Switch port-begging. Do you know what's even more irritating? When people like you target a specific platform/fanbase for a general problem.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We need a special legislation for Switch port begging asap if we want to preserve the community.
port begging of what? the game hasn't been announced, and it's obviously coming to switch as well. unless yall want a repeat f the crystal chronicles thread where you get to feel smug for 3 minutes and the look dumb when it gets announced for switch too?
and it seems like mods are ok with it when ps4 players port beg for games that have actually been announced to not come to their system . or is port begging only bad when it's for switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.