Last episode spoiler:
xj3kz6e989l41.png

Found on reddit.

I am sorry but it killed me.

t647j85c8bl41.png

Musician

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I'm sort of disappointed in this season. It tried to juggle way to many threads at once for a mere ten episodes and a lot of the payoff in the last episodes ended up falling way flat. Mainly Alucard and Hector's plot lines. I think Lindenfeld plus one other plot line would've been more than enough. Even St. Germain could go, even though I like the character to give some other character developments some more pathos.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That scene seriously felt like a different show. There was a weight and level of tragic depth that didn't feel like it fit in with the rest of the season. I personally loved Issac's part of this season, and that talk with the philosopher monster was fantastic.

Hector is an idiot... but I understand.

The only thing I didn't like was ...
Alucard being betrayed. How it played out just felt... unearned. They didn't like that he didn't show them parts of the castle, even though he STILL showed them a lot of the castle, how to do magic, and the entirety of the Belmont Library. So they're going to try to kill him because... he can't be trusted??? Plus, this is the freaking son of Dracula, and they thought that they'd be able to take him out that easily, IN HIS OWN CASTLE. C'mon, son. You couldn't fight one vampire back at home, and you're gonna try to murder one of the baddest motherfuckers with some sex and a parlor trick. They needed to die.

I didn't see that little bit in the house coming. Poor Sypha is gonna be a little scarred.

Yeah, that Alucard twist just wasn't well handled. They clearly thought he wasn't showing them everything and wanted it all for themselves, but all malice was retroactive after the reveal.

Yo so that magician isaac killed is saint germain right?, and the old lady is who st. germain went looking for right?

I hadn't even remotely thought of this until now. Insane if true.

I like how the wiki for Sypha's strengths and weaknesses list the following (which is true for the game)

And Ellis and everyone were just like:

giphy.gif

And went what if her magic basically made all of those weaknesses (except defensive, and arguably physical) irrelevant cause her magic is just fucking amazing. Like she might be my favorite magic user for how inventive and cool the shit she does is. She took some lessons from Ozai too.

I'm pretty sure she's even great at hand to hand combat at a couple points, and maybe once even had a sword?

Absolutely loved it and the biggest shock for me was that this wasn't the last season wtf!? I wasn't expecting more for Trevor and crew! So on board for it.

Who else popped the fuck off seeing Granfalloon/Legion? I did not expect to see one of the more iconic and crazy SoTN bosses this early. Actually, and maybe I'm biased idk, it makes me think they don't intend on doing more than another season or two because Legion is a hard boss to top/best left for late stage stuff imo.

Love all the new characters and what they did with my old faves Fully expecting Hector to come back and get revenge next season though, whew he got it ROUGH. Alucard too ;_;. At this point 3/CoD needs some kind of remake if only to incorporate this Isaac because he's so good.

Legion is my FAVOROTR CV boss and I was smiling like a crazy person when it showed up, and they did SUCH a good job with it too. They actually haven't done a ton of bosses (really any besides Legion and Dracula) so there's still a ton left they could pull from, With Death being the most obvious.

I thought that the Philosophers demons story was a parallel to that. Basically, what was a 'sin' changed with the times. Therefore, Draculas wifes sins were simply made so with the times despite her having no ill will.

Oh yeah, so there is a reference to Dantes Divine Comedy in the series
In episode 9, when the infinite corridor opens, all the landscapes pertain to the Divine Comedy. IE the circle of lust, the forest of suicide, etc.

Wasn't the demon's sin that he gave up his friends to death (and got killed anyways?). Obviously he was only in a bad spot at all because of the times, but Isaac brought up what you brought up and the demon admitted there was more to the story.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sort of disappointed in this season. It tried to juggle way to many threads at once for a mere ten episodes and a lot of the payoff in the last episodes ended up falling way flat. Mainly Alucard and Hector's plotlines. I wouldn't have minded having everything except Lindenfeld and Isaac cut.

Its this or you get a bunch of one note villains that are basically waiting to get offed by our heroes like in season 2. Actually nuanced characters with some depth > cool looking villains to beat up who don't even get any lines.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
I think the thing with Lenore is
she genuinely doesn't care for Hector. It's not because of honor or compassion that she's treating him well but because he paid and he is owed. If she starts taking everything by force then her talent as a diplomat doesn't mean shit and she can't have that. Her whole philosophy (heh) seems to revolve around commerce and exchange so to deny that is to deny her worth. I think if anything can be learned from the was she so gleefully kicked the shit out of Hector is that she's over people not seeing her for what she's worth tho that last thing might be stretching it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if anything will come of the monks sending out members to the surrounding areas to preach the good word of Dracula taking them all to Hell. Could be how we see someone like Shaft down the line

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I enjoyed anything to do with Alucard this season. Dude should have just taken another nap.

Other than that it was pretty great. Especially the Isaac stuff. Was that Lance Reddick as the captain?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, I had no idea all the Forgemaster stuff is just lifted from Curse of Darkness. My Castlevania experience is limited to Super, Circle of the Moon and Dawn of Sorrow.

It's nuts that we now have three (hopefuly more??) seasons of a Castlevania anime in the spirit of great 80s/90s horror like Devilman, Demon City Shinjuku and Vampire Hunter D. And at its best, Castlevania's animation is breathtaking. I want every moment of Ep.9 and 10 in GIF form.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed this season much more than the last one.

Some of my favorite scenes were the characters having one on one conversations, like the philosopher demon explaining how he got into hell to Isaac. Felt like Quentin Tarantino style dialog scenes.

I really hope we get to explore the infinite corridor and St. Germain's back story next season.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I enjoyed anything to do with Alucard this season. Dude should have just taken another nap.

Other than that it was pretty great. Especially the Isaac stuff. Was that Lance Reddick as the captain?

Yes, I originally thought he was Grant, but turns out he was just the reception at the Continental.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously how can people call this season 3 a filler season when it's clearly a calm before a storm setup for season 4 and beyond? Lest you need reminding, a filler means a self contain media which have no progress on the main plot like all those Naruto/Bleach fillers whereas Castlevania Season 3 set up
Issac amassing an army of demons to take revenge on Camilla and Hector for betraying Dracula. Camilla also setting up her own army of demons to conquer lands which will come in conflict against Issac.

Hector and Lenore plotline is definitely a setup for Curse of Darkness because it seems Lenore is a replacement for Hector's wife Rosaly and Issac is definitely gonna kill her. Lenore wearing a 'wedding' veil when she met Hector, ' nursing ' him back to health with food, clothes and a better living quarters not to mention the 'wedding ring' despite how twisted this plotline is.

Alucard plotline with the Sumi and Taka is definitely one of the character progress setups for Alucard going to put himself to sleep until SOTN where Alucards appears very cold and distant when it come to human interaction and maybe also a future throw to Aria of Sorrow where he now lives as Genya Arikado in Japan. Pretty sure Warren Ellis didn't just out of the blue just throw in 2 Japanese characters with no link to Alucard.

If you want to talk no progression in the main plot then its clearly Trevor and Sypha, those 2 were clearly doing Bill & Ted Excellent Adventures for the past few months and this plotline is definitely one of them.

And considering these 3 seasons have been loosely adapting Castlevania with no Grant Dynasty, Dracula being a tragic pitiful person instead of the stereotypical evil castlevania boss, Hector being a fuckhead and Camilla wasn't even in CV3. This whole netflix series isn't really true to the Castlevania games so the word filler can't be use on this.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously how can people call this season 3 a filler season when it's clearly a calm before a storm setup for season 4 and beyond? Lest you need reminding, a filler means a self contain media which have no progress on the main plot like all those Naruto/Bleach fillers whereas Castlevania Season 3 set up
Issac amassing an army of demons to take revenge on Camilla and Hector for betraying Dracula. Camilla also setting up her own army of demons to conquer lands which will come in conflict against Issac.

Hector and Lenore plotline is definitely a setup for Curse of Darkness because it seems Lenore is a replacement for Hector's wife Rosaly and Issac is definitely gonna kill her. Lenore wearing a 'wedding' veil when she met Hector, ' nursing ' him back to health with food, clothes and a better living quarters not to mention the 'wedding ring' despite how twisted this plotline is.

Alucard plotline with the Sumi and Taka is definitely one of the character progress setups for Alucard going to put himself to sleep until SOTN where Alucards appears very cold and distant when it come to human interaction and maybe also a future throw to Aria of Sorrow where he now lives as Genya Arikado in Japan. Pretty sure Warren Ellis didn't just out of the blue just throw in 2 Japanese characters with no link to Alucard.

If you want to talk no progression in the main plot then its clearly Trevor and Sypha, those 2 were clearly doing Bill & Ted Excellent Adventures for the past few months and this plotline is definitely one of them.

And considering these 3 seasons have been loosely adapting Castlevania with no Grant Dynasty, Dracula being a tragic pitiful person instead of the stereotypical evil castlevania boss, Hector being a fuckhead and Camilla wasn't even in CV3. This whole netflix series isn't really true to the Castlevania games so the word filler can't be use on this.

What people really mean is they feel unsatisfied by the lack of anything concluding

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit what a ride. Watched it all this morning and I am so glad this is continuing (hopefully?). The animation is beautiful and the storylines have been crazy good.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that Judge man, I really wondered why he said he'd see the cult leader in hell.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Man...hector is really fucking dumb or is too desperate for any kind of affection.

Keep being the best character Isaac. All in all this whole season felt like filler.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that Judge man, I really wondered why he said he'd see the cult leader in hell.
Because Judge love to play Judge, Jury and executor, controlling the town and take pleasures in killing if they don't comply to his town orders. He hated Sala and his cult because they were out of the Town's Jurisdiction control so the Judge couldn't kill him so now Judge would have a chance to do that in Hell.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter to me if this is filler or not, I loved the season regardless. Alcuard was a snore but the others are all very engaging and fun. I continue to be blown away by the action, especially all the inventive ways Sypha uses her magic.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man...hector is really fucking dumb or is too desperate for any kind of affection.

Keep being the best character Isaac. All in all this whole season felt like filler.

It's not like he had much of a choice.Either he went aliong with Lenore or he would rot away in a cell.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
so the MMF into a non-consensual BDSM scene was hot huh? but that exposed chest kinda spoiled it for me, knew it was coming even if motive seemed weak.
judge sure was a dick.
loved seeing legion getting represented
are the forgemasters this seasons main characters?

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
The season was a mixed bag.

The original trio's storyline were needlessly mean and cynical. None of them really learned anything new and they just end up where they began I felt. Doesn't help that both of those arcs felt like they could have been finished in a single episode rather than stretched across an entire season.

The forgemasters on the other hand were sublime. Isaac had the best scenes and the best dialogue this season, and his revelation at the end was very cathartic.

Hector is my least favorite character so I actually enjoyed seeing him get knocked around by the Sisters.

Next season is going to be amazing.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
The original trio's storyline were needlessly mean and cynical. None of them really learned anything new and they just end up where they began I felt. Doesn't help that both of those arcs felt like they could have been finished in a single episode rather than stretched across an entire season.
I felt kinda the same. I understood the arc of where Alucard and Sypha's arcs were going, but the characters that were intended to be part of that revelation, the Japanese siblings and the judge, felt like they went from reasonable to unreasonable too suddenly to feel natural, even with the foreshadowing. Though it might be too late to complain about unnecessary meanness in this Castlevania adaptation now.

Carmilla
I did enjoy the minor lamp shading with Striga questioning why Carmilla's plan required Hector and why she beat him up. Seemed illogical to mistreat the key to your success but Carmilla's petulant response reframed it so that her actions were a result of her personal issues. Unnecessary meanness but rooted in character.

Though it's still fun to watch Trevor and Sypha banter and in action, St. Germain was a cool guy, and it did establish a strong personal tone with Alucard so it's not a waste, just that the dramatic climaxes felt off in a way the forgemasters didn't.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
It's always fun seeing new people encountering Warren Ellis and his great disdain for humanity at large.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just wondering where they would go after they finish the seasons inspired on curse of darkness. Am I the only one that would like to see a Lament of Innocence adaptaion? I think most would prefer Rondo or Symphony though.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just wondering where they would go after they finish the seasons inspired on curse of darkness. Am I the only one that would like to see a Lament of Innocence adaptaion? I think most would prefer Rondo or Symphony though.

Assuming they even decide to go beyond Trevor Belmont's arc, they're probably adding threads to jump to Richter specifically. What they're doing with Alucard seems to be the biggest hint there.

If Carmilla survives after all of this, they can use that as a thread for Simon Belmont, as in the games she goes from a random vampire who exists in the world of Castlevania (at the time of Dracula's Curse in the games, she's only killed Sypha's parents) to serving Dracula, being one of the key figures behind the plan with Dracula's remains in Simon's Quest.

If they jump to the next Belmont chronologically, there's a lot they can do with Christopher's story and foreshadowing later events. The cult that exists in Christopher's time include the Bartley family, who later get prominence with Elizabeth Bartley, who is resurrected and starts World War I to try and bring back Dracula.

As you can see, there's a lot of shit they can do. But it's gotta involve more than profanity and the emphasis of fecal matter. :p

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the wiki for Sypha's strengths and weaknesses list the following (which is true for the game)

And Ellis and everyone were just like:

giphy.gif

And went what if her magic basically made all of those weaknesses (except defensive, and arguably physical) irrelevant cause her magic is just fucking amazing. Like she might be my favorite magic user for how inventive and cool the shit she does is. She took some lessons from Ozai too.

Yeah Sypha is just amazing in general. She's ruthlessly effective in a fight, smart and capable when things get serious, great in comedy scenes, and super adorable to boot when she wants to be.

Probably my favorite character of this adaptation and I say that as a long time Alucard fan.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Normally don't post fan art (unless it's a specific thread for it) but I thought this one was too cool to not post.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I can't with people moaning about "lack of progression" or "filler". Other than the silly sidestory with Alucard this is easily the best season yet.

It's the best kind of dumb fun, and it still boggles my mind that someone actually made a really pretty great adaptation of Castlevania of all things.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So assuming they move the story along at all to kind of go with the games.

At some point Alucard will go to sleep and all of Rictor vs Drac (so no Alucard that season or 2?) then Rictor gets possessed, Dracs back again, and Alucard wakes up.

Or perhaps Alucard is always awake and just helps every new Belmont that pops up?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

People have long ago butchered the word filler.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The odd thing about this season is that beyond Isaac vs. Carmilla I'm not really sure what else they can do. Like I GUESS they could do Curse of Darkness but the amount of work they'd need to put into getting Hector free just to let that story happen seems...unwise?

Like you'd need at least two more seasons to capably adapt CoD and I don't think there's anything else for Trevor, Sypha and Alucard to do until then.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think much of the fanbase as well as the crew have grown very fond of Trevor, Alucard and Sypha and would like to further develop these characters and their relationships instead of throwing them away after season 4 to start over with a complete new set of characters. So I've given up on seeing Simon or Richter and I'm completely fine with that. This series is its own thing even if it's taking inspiration from the games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I was spoiled on twitter about something with Alucard, but it was in the form of delicious alt-right tears so im ok with that spoiler.

Suffice to say it's easy to know what I'm talking about with the alt-right tears clue lol.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I think much of the fanbase as well as the crew have grown very fond of Trevor, Alucard and Sypha and would like to further develop these characters and their relationships instead of throwing them away after season 4 to start over with a complete new set of characters. So I've given up on seeing Simon or Richter and I'm completely fine with that. This series is its own thing even if it's taking inspiration from the games.
Is there any reason they couldn't just add those character to the cast? Saint Germain was a new main character this season and he gelled in with Sypha and Trevor perfectly. I dont know anything about Castlevania outside of the show but I see those names popping up every now and then during discussions about future seasons.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any reason they couldn't just add those character to the cast? Saint Germain was a new main character this season and he gelled in with Sypha and Trevor perfectly. I dont know anything about Castlevania outside of the show but I see those names popping up every now and then during discussions about future seasons.

well Simon and Richter and whatnot are descendants so it's hard to have them along Sypha and Trevor isnt it :p

or ascendants? I'm not sure how the timeline works. I know it goes Simon > Richter but I forget if Trevor is before them or after.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was spoiled on twitter about something with Alucard, but it was in the form of delicious alt-right tears so im ok with that spoiler.

Suffice to say it's easy to know what I'm talking about with the alt-right tears clue lol.
Lol, I knew some would get upset about it. Just made that scene even better.

It would require a pretty significant timeskip as Richter is a descendant.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
well Simon and Richter and whatnot are descendants so it's hard to have them along Sypha and Trevor isnt it :p

or ascendants? I'm not sure how the timeline works. I know it goes Simon > Richter but I forget if Trevor is before them or after.

Trevor -> Christopher -> Simon -> Juste -> Richter -> ??????? (and John Morris, kinda) -> Julius.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017

Lol, I knew some would get upset about it. Just made that scene even better.

It would require a pretty significant timeskip as Richter is a descendant.
Ah I see thanks for that. I guess that would be hard to do. Although..
We did get what was essentially a wormhole this season. Maybe we get a portal leading from the future or something.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018

Beautiful scene (in a twisted sense) and great for representation.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The odd thing about this season is that beyond Isaac vs. Carmilla I'm not really sure what else they can do. Like I GUESS they could do Curse of Darkness but the amount of work they'd need to put into getting Hector free just to let that story happen seems...unwise?

Like you'd need at least two more seasons to capably adapt CoD and I don't think there's anything else for Trevor, Sypha and Alucard to do until then.
I think it's beyond clear that Warren is branching himself out of the games and going for a standalone tale.

HOWEVER

Thanks to IGA requiring him back in 2005 to immerse himself in the Lore of the series, every new development is still based on something, like we saw this season with Saint Germain and the memory corridor, or the mention or Leon Belmont in past seasons.

It's safe to say that no matter how different the plot seems to be developing from the original series, it's still heavily rooted on it.

I suppose a loose adaptation of CoD is what we're actually heading to, but one very heavily rewritten.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After killing Dracula with Trevor, Sypha and Grant, Alucard goes to sleep until Shaft's meddling around Richter's era wakes him up. Then he disappears again until around 1999.

I'd like to expand on this a bit. You missed a bit near the end :p

After Dracula dies by the hands of Trevor Belmont, he goes to sleep until 1797, when he senses there's no Belmont to stop Dracula. This is because Richter is possessed by Shaft. After SotN, Alucard eventually lives with Maria Renard, and during a period where the Belmonts could not wield the Vampire Killer - Richter is the last true heir until Julius, with a 200 year gap between the two - he creates the Alucard Spear, a weapon to compliment the "weakened function" of the Vampire Killer in its non-Belmont hands, until Dracula is prophesied to be resurrected in August of 1999. He hands the Alucard Spear to the Lecarde family while the Morris family holds the Vampire Killer until Julius finally uses it to defeat Dracula.

He's only ever really confirmed to be asleep between Dracula's Curse and Symphony of the Night. He's still around right after the events of that game with the radio drama Nocturne of Recollection, and is clearly around in the late 1800s as he creates the Alucard Spear to aid the Lecardes, as the danger of the Vampire Killer in non-Belmont hands starts to be known when Quincey Morris uses it. Unless I'm mistaken, Grimoire of Souls also implies Alucard knows of the Order of Ecclesia, so while he wasn't a part of that game, he was aware of the attempt to bring Dracula back.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This thread is taking forever to go through because I have to keep clicking spoilers ha ha. I really loved everything with the exception of Alucard as the the endgame of the two made no sense at all to me.