• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
One of the latest cases in Europe was a hotel receptionist and her SO. It appears to be under control, but due to the long incubation time it slips through everywhere. As of right now, it would be rather irresponsible to travel anywhere for the time being.

Also, if the numbers continue to climb, a recession is just around the corner.

Minions

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. Sony was ahead of everyone else, but it was clear that Japan must have made some announcement to Japanese companies because they headed cancellations first. Japan is at risk of losing the Olympics now, and multiple countries (Italy, South Korea, Iran) have uncontrolled infections. The Quarantine is no longer functional, and there are likely people in the USA still in the incubation period, which the CDC and WHO seem to finally be announcing.

It is a very, very, unfortunate time for the world as a whole, and big public events (and people) are going to pay as a result.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
they're all scared of Armored Swen

swen.jpg

/s just in case

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Link

This is getting serious.

Edit:

Also Capcom, Square-Enix and EA
www.kotaku.com.au

Coronavirus Leads EA, CD Projekt Red, Square Enix, Capcom To Abandon GDC, PAX East

The coronavirus hits just keep on coming. After leading to the withdrawal of Sony and Facebook from GDC, concerns over the outbreak has resulted in four more high profile withdrawals, with EA telling their staff not to attend the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco next month, and three...
Square-Enix statement:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com

An Update Regarding PAX East 2020 Activities | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

An Update Regarding PAX East 2020 Activities

It is not Getting serious

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Coronavirus outbreak is getting more and more serious by the day. I now have serious doubts about E3 as well. I mean there are even rumors the Olympics and the business sector is already going crazy.

Kildrek

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, more walking room and less assholes standing around gaping at shit and causing fire hazards.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Do you think they'll cancel PAX altogether? That event is always a hot bed for spreading sickness and disease. People always come back sick. And now that we have a new disease on a potential epidemic scale.. why chance it?

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Xenophobic commentary
This is what happen when some of countries government still defending and dealing with China(CCP)-one of most evil, dangerous country no matter what.
Hope these governments learn their lesson(if they still have chance), and if i being infected by Coronavirus and died, i hope i won't born in China again.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is what happen when some of countries government still defending and dealing with China(CCP)-one of most evil, dangerous country no matter what.
Hope these governments learn their lesson(if they still have chance), and if i being infected by Coronavirus and died, i hope i won't born in China again.
well that escalated quickly

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Probably most events will be canceled this year as cdc warns of disruptions and the domestic spread here of the virus.
The biggest mobile conference of 2020 was cancelled due to the virus. It's not just companies pulling out of the event, it's outright cancelled.

www.businessinsider.sg

The world's biggest smartphone conference was just canceled because of coronavirus concerns

Mobile World Congress, or MWC, was going to proceed because there were still 2,800 exhibitors. Now it's being canceled.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Remember when some people were getting on the mods for "allowing" people to "overreact" alongside Sony for pulling out early? Good times. It's a very real thing, it doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately, and companies have every right to make that decision for the safety of their employees.

Oct 28, 2017
The biggest mobile conference of 2020 was cancelled due to the virus. It's not just companies pulling out of the event, it's outright cancelled.

www.businessinsider.sg

The world's biggest smartphone conference was just canceled because of coronavirus concerns

Mobile World Congress, or MWC, was going to proceed because there were still 2,800 exhibitors. Now it's being canceled.

Id very much expect the Olympics to be postponed at this rate as well. I also read earlier today a 4 star Spanish hotel was on lockdown cause someone from Italy was staying there who tested positive for the virus.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

I... uhhh .......... what?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

I was gonna say "use your main account you coward" but this is it! Jeez.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I... uhhh .......... what?

Not sure if this is what they are referring to but early on in the outbreak, the Chinese government tried to suppress news out the virus, even having authorities sent to the houses of doctors who just sent messages to there were patients that showed SARS-like symptoms. Had China been more concerned about fighting the virus rather than protecting its image, a lot of this could have been greatly mitigated early on.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I've never gone to PAX before but I know it's a big event. How many companies are left doing things there now? Can't be that many it feels like tons of big exhibitors have cancelled plans.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
looks like all videogame companies are gonna be doing their own nintendo direct style presentations from now on until the virus dies out.