Deleted member 64002

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2020
This is a very good step!
I'm glad y'all have opened up communications with trans era and it's honestly a big relief. I hope we can work towards a better era now that talks have opened up.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i hope more TransEra members are considered to join the moderation team

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies require action, to ensure that mistakes are not repeated. Going forward, as we noted earlier, due diligence will be done in the future when this kind of situation arises. No exceptions. We haven't made a habit of digging for members' social media in the past, but when serious suspicion exists that's going to become more regular. We are very determined that this sort of incident will never happen again. We will be personally handling OTs for controversial releases, and we will be vetting the entire contents of them and running them by the appropriate minority staff. And once more, from myself, and from everybody else on the team: We're sorry

The problem is not that staff didn't google his social media, it's that the fact that someone posting like a chud was identified as a chud by many people from various communities and staff sided with said chud because he was polite while banning people who pushed back against his obvious bullshit. His posts in the cyberpunk thread alone were giant red flags forget about his ban history and twitter profile.

The fact that the solution going forward is more stringent vetting or personally handling "controversial" games indicates that staff have once again failed to take away the correct lessons from a community meltdown.

Angry minorities being thrown under the bus and banned in order to protect the feelings of civil racists keeps happening and that is not a due diligence problem that's a problem with the competence or the culture of the moderation.

How are you still not getting this fucking hell this is all gonna happen again with another minority community in a few weeks isn't it? Cool, very cool, can't wait.

This is like groundhog day but if Bill Murray never bothered to learn anything.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
We will be personally handling OTs for controversial releases, and we will be vetting the entire contents of them and running them by the appropriate minority staff.
Just want to say to this; if you're handling the OTs personally from here on out for controversial topics (and the next biggest one is Harry Potter) then the messaging needs to be upfront, a statement from TransERA needs to be provided, and the communities need to be allowed to say their peace before discussion is had. Giving weight to the injustices in the world matters.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
The problem is not that staff didn't google his social media, it's that the fact that someone posting like a chud was identified as a chud by many people from various communities and staff sided with said chud because he was polite while banning people who pushed back against his obvious bullshit. His posts in the cyberpunk thread alone were giant red flags forget about his ban history and twitter profile.

The fact that the solution going forward is more stringent vetting or personally handling "controversial" games indicates that staff have once again failed to take away the correct lessons from a community meltdown.

Angry minorities being thrown under the bus and banned in order to protect the feelings of civil racists keeps happening and that is not a due diligence problem that's a problem with the competence or the culture of the moderation.

How are you still not getting this fucking hell this is all gonna happen again with another minority community in a few weeks isn't it? Cool, very cool, can't wait.

I know my opinion isn't really needed in this situation as a cis person but I also think they're taking the wrong solution from this.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, ain't this the truth. It's been said countless times over the years, but time and time again this just gets completely ignored.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

I agree with this as well. The moderation needs to be more proactive and more aware of problems before they snowball into a whole marginalized group being not listened to and this happens again.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the first time there's been issues with trans era and other minority groups on this site. Every time there is you reach out and have a discussion, but then nothing proceeds to change. So forgive that I feel this is yet another worthless platitude.

So staff is handling the OT, and? What is stopping it from devolving into thinly veiled dog whistles like the NCW thread by the people posting there?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Vestan made so many posts defending Black Chambers character, and from all his posts it seems like they talked a lot.

www.resetera.com

Cyberpunk 2077 Night City WIRE: Episode 5 |OT| Time moves in one direction, memory in another [Media Impressions, Console Footage & Discussion] OT

This is now the second time people have openly taken potshots at Black Chamber 's character. Listen. Me, Black Chamber and Sophia have been working closely on this OT ever since Kyuuji 's thread went up. We even approached Android Sophia first regarding CDPR's transphobia and the OT. She can...

www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Had we proudly announced that we would be acknowleding the transphobia in the OT of this game, we probably would have been accused of being performatively woke or something as at the end of the day, we're still working on the OT of this game. Considering I haven't said anything on this...

Vestan is definitely going to have to say something after his ban. They either also got duped just as hard by BC, or are in it with him. Somehow hoping it's the former.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Here's my take. It's not about who the OP is, whether it's Black Chamber, Vestan, the staff, or anyone else. It also doesn't matter if the OP is full of images and all that versus a simple one with just plain texts.

Do you think people who don't care about the trans issues in Cyberpunk will read the warnings in the OP and start caring? We already have a perfect example of how will the OT run with the night city wire threads. We already have "official staff communication" right above the reply box. On top of that, there's this very thread that has been stickied for so long. There's no way that people have missed them, people just don't care.

Again, I can't speak for the trans community here, but if it was me reading through the OT with full of people celebrating and discussing how great the game is and what not, despite there are various warnings and information about how problematic the devs are, I'd be devastated.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Vestan is definitely going to have to say something after his ban. They either also got duped just as hard by BC, or are in it with him. Somehow hoping it's the former.

Agreed.

Also, even though Gaf had its problems, I always thought the way GamerGate was handled there was a great example of how things can be moderated (correct me if I'm wrong or have different opinions). There was zero tolerance for bad faith posters and rooted out a lot of problematic people. I haven't seen it done for the many issues that we had on Resetera thus far.

Here's my take. It's not about who the OP is, whether it's Black Chamber, Vestan, the staff, or anyone else. It also doesn't matter if the OP is full of images and all that versus a simple one with just plain texts.

Do you think people who don't care about the trans issues in Cyberpunk will read the warnings in the OP and start caring? We already have a perfect example of how will the OT run with the night city wire threads. We already have "official staff communication" right above the reply box. On top of that, there's this very thread that has been stickied for so long. There's no way that people have missed them, people just don't care.

Again, I can't speak for the trans community here, but if it was me reading through the OT with full of people celebrating and discussing how great the game is and what not, despite there are various warnings and information about how problematic the devs are, I'd be devastated.

Yup. It is far too easy to ignore, like warning pictures and messages on cigarette packaging.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Rest of this page might as well just be a quote wall of this excellent post.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

That's the thing right? We do what we can with the tools that we're given. I don't think banning discussion on the game itself will make things easier; but it would make it clear that the game itself was way too difficult to moderate discussion.

It's clear the mods think they can still moderate the discussion, which is why they're taking the OTs directly into their hands. It's a step that they want to take to try to be civil and also hunt down those who wish to harm minority groups.

Granted, this step might not be enough, but they want to try anyway. With the CP2077 thread, I'm absolutely certain that discussions have probably been had about rotating mods to watch the thread and also keep track of notifications, tickets, and more.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That's the thing right? We do what we can with the tools that we're given. I don't think banning discussion on the game itself will make things easier; but it would make it clear that the game itself was way too difficult to moderate discussion.

It's clear the mods think they can still moderate the discussion, which is why they're taking the OTs directly into their hands. It's a step that they want to take to try to be civil and also hunt down those who wish to harm minority groups.

Granted, this step might not be enough, but they want to try anyway. With the CP2077 thread, I'm absolutely certain that discussions have probably been had about rotating mods to watch the thread and also keep track of notifications, tickets, and more.
You're right. And I hope everything will be worked out just fine in the end.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
In agreement that we should address the other elephant in the room, vestan. He came in to the "please treat trans people like human beings" thread Kyuuji created and completely shit on everyone in it, and got banned for 1 week (upped from three days) with the reasoning literally being "Too defensive".
www.resetera.com

Had we proudly announced that we would be acknowleding the transphobia in the OT of this game, we probably would have been accused of being performatively woke or something as at the end of the day, we're still working on the OT of this game. Considering I haven't said anything on this...
Sorry if this is a little bit blunt, but I can understand Black Chamber not wanting to engage both certain posts and certain posters after the way he's been treated. I don't log into Era every day to be interrogated about x, y, or z and I'm sure you don't either.
He said this in a thread trying to bring awareness to transphobia.

This is the other guy mods were working closely with to create the CyberPunk OT instead of considering the issues being raised by so many posters in this thread.

I think part of moving forward and protecting communities is making sure there's a reason for people to not dismiss/run over bigotry and bigoted content. At least be honest about why someone was banned and not gloss over their behaviors. Transparency is important, and not just in this thread.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was just... By far the most embarrassing display of negligence and contempt against the trans community I have ever seen from coming this website. I honestly thought after the whole Ketkat banning situation we might be making some small strides in starting to listen to our trans voices but after this...
I'm honestly speechless, and frankly I won't go further with some of the things I'm thinking about saying because some of it I know might be unfair and come off as too aggressive, and I don't won't get banned here right now like so many of our trans members were banned before after expressing rightful anger about the way they been treated in this situation.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Oh ahahaha he just.. went back to the "shit on Era" thread and apologized and he's on there now?

He apologized. To fucking GAF. And not to the Trans community over here?

Jesus, despite all my criticism I still thought the "paid shill" stuff was overblown (if understandable) and he just didn't understand completely why everyone's upset overall but lol.

-removed screenshots to site, 'cause fuck'em-

I literally just woke up so if this has been mentioned, lemme know. I'm actually way more annoyed by this than I should be lol.

edit wait I just saw B-Dubs post while catching up. This is a rollercoaster lol. A good post! Is he banned now? Is that why he's over there? I'm so confused, why u do this to me when I'm asleep.

edit2: " As an update: Black Chamber has been permanently banned now that we've seen proof that he has not been sincere in his conversations with the staff. " holy shit wow

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
In agreement that we should address the other elephant in the room, vestan. He came in to the "please treat trans people like human beings" thread Kyuuji created and completely shit on everyone in it, and got banned for 1 week (upped from three days) with the reasoning literally being "Too defensive".
www.resetera.com

This is the other guy mods were working closely with to create the CyberPunk OT instead of considering the issues being raised by so many posters in this thread.

I think part of moving forward and protecting communities is making sure there's a reason for people to not dismiss/run over bigotry and bigoted content. At least be honest about why someone was banned and not gloss over their behaviors. Transparency is important, and not just in this thread.
I mean what about this one?
Some of the posts in this thread directed towards him are fucking vile.

Yea....fucking vile that the trans community just wanted some answers from him.
He made it fucking sound like it was a doxxing or blackmail. If he sincerely got duped by BC, he owes everyone in the community an apology.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Boy did I wake up to some shit. What the fuck. Still reeling from everything that's happened since I went to bed.

I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on the staff, but please, PLEASE, you really need to start learning from these mistakes. It feels like the same shit keeps happening again and again. In this case, you (and a lot of the Night Wire regulars) got fucking played, and hey, sometimes you get played. That's life. What's important is how you respond to that, and the response has been a bit weak... Yet again.

Well, I'm certainly hoping it's the former. I don't want people to be pieces of shit lol.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ahahaha he just.. went back to the "shit on Era" thread and apologized and he's on there now?

Jesus, despite all my criticism I still thought the "paid shill" stuff was overblown (if understandable) and he just didn't understand completely why everyone's upset overall but lol.

Legit don't know if posting this is in some way breaking rules, since it's technically just a random web screenshot and not internally sniping a post, so please PLEASE Mods if it is, just remove it. I don't wanna be banned over this shitstain website, and I think posting tweets and posts from elsewhere is usually considered fine.

9aaPwuj.png

I literally just woke up so if this has been mentioned, lemme know. I'm actually way more annoyed by this than I should be lol.

edit wait I just saw B-Dubs post while catching up. This is a rollercoaster lol. A good post! Is he banned now? Is that why he's over there? I'm so confused, why u do this to me when I'm asleep.
Yea it was talked about before. It's a good idea to pretend that place doesn't even exist because their only reason for existing now is to whine and shit on era.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
This is where I'm at with BC. He didn't seem outright hateful, just someone WAY too caught in the hype and was dragging his feet at every turn, doing the absolute bare minimum to stay on the mods good side. Not dismissing us because he hated us, but because we were "in the way". I was naive to expect better from him and I'm extremely disappointed it went down this way, but also sort of relieved this finally reached the climax and conversations are being had now instead of dragging on for longer.

I'm also REALLY hoping Vestan was strung along and was being manipulated as well, and will do his utmost best to apologize for any pain that was caused. I'd rather find out someone was manipulated, than finding out they're also hateful.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the staff apology, although I agree with others that it never should have gotten to this point. Even ignoring everything else, just looking at the way BC danced around what was being asked of him in the NCW thread revealed some of the most transparent trolling I think I've ever seen on this site. I find it not only utterly baffling, but tremendously demoralizing that so many people were "fooled" by it. All I'll say now is that I really, really, really hope this sort of situation isn't repeated.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine, as a black man, being hoodwinked by a racist asshole and going white knight cap mode for him.

As a fellow black man. That shit is hilarious and fucking depressing. And, nah, screw that hindsight is bitch nonsense too — there were red flags, and plenty of them. Whether he was blinded by the ...whatever or manchurian candidate'd, Vestan.

Black Chamber really did it... fucking levels, my guy.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This whole situation is kind of sad to watch as someone who has been out of the loop. Why don't the mods start by unbanning all the trans folk who were banned. And any trans people who left the site because of this dude, I sincerely hope y'all come back. Don't let him or anyone like him take anything away from you. There will always be people like that. There are 72 million Americans who voted for Trump. The hate is palpable when you are a minority. I felt unwelcome in this country after Trump won in 2016. But fuck that. This is my country and I am here to stay. I hope trans folk apply the same logic to this situation. This is your site to post on. Don't let the haters and losers win.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017

Feels like some gamers live their own little world where they can stomp on marginalized communities without consequences. And think that the people who call them out on their nonsense are the true fascists.

I'm not joking. That's what some people think of liberals and leftists in general.

Can't fix bigots once they reach that level of delusion.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Shiiit all of those tweets. Geez I have a feeling some people from the CP thread feel pretty shitty right now. Even I did not expect this twist.

Yil6x5y.png

like what

I honestly never would have this seen coming. Like, at all. Even when being critical.
The CP fans who got hoodwinked by him have my compassion, even if I don't agree with the game hyping as is. They've been used in their own way.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

He's truly pathetic; somehow in his mind he was the victim that did nothing wrong.

Mod edit: image removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how much longer Era can go on like this. The old place seemed to have one major incident after another right up to its collapse. I really hope Era can recover and take actual steps to improve - because I'm not sure it can survive having its integrity completely undermined like this again.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how much longer Era can go on like this. The old place seemed to have one major incident after another right up to its collapse. I really hope Era can recover and take actual steps to improve - because I'm not sure it can survive having its integrity completely undermined like this again.
I doubt it will collapse. It will just become another generic gamer forum.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shiiit all of those tweets. Geez I have a feeling some people from the CP thread feel pretty shitty right now. Even I did not expect this twist.
Honestly? I find it hard to feel very sympathetic to those people when they so easily shat on the trans community of this website because of a fucking video game.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I'm not a mod, but I definitely think continuing to produce screenshots is a little bit much

It's very clear that a person like that will try to ingratiate themselves into any community willing to take them once ousted.

R.I.P

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit at everything that has gone down while I was asleep. Hopefully things will actually improve here after this fiasco.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not a mod, but I definitely think continuing to produce screenshots is a little bit much

It's very clear that a person like that will try to ingratiate themselves into any community willing to take them once ousted.

Yeah it's better to block him on Twitter and move on. Let him be salty somewhere else.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
This whole situation is kind of sad to watch as someone who has been out of the loop. Why don't the mods start by unbanning all the trans folk who were banned. And any trans people who left the site because of this dude, I sincerely hope y'all come back. Don't let him or anyone like him take anything away from you. There will always be people like that. There are 72 million Americans who voted for Trump. The hate is palpable when you are a minority. I felt unwelcome in this country after Trump won in 2016. But fuck that. This is my country and I am here to stay. I hope trans folk apply the same logic to this situation. This is your site to post on. Don't let the haters and losers win.

Efforts to do so have been promised, so there is some good coming through.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

there are people in that thread claiming to have Trans friends or be gay, yet completely okay with other posters in that exact same thread calling people on ERA (straight up singling some out even)

"dudes in dresses" "queers" and misgendering TransEra members

Its mindboggling

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His words after are eerily similar to a group booted from a discord server I'm in, that then tried everything to bring down the server

I'll never understand why people care so much about ruining others lives or days or what have you. Disgusting.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Honestly? I find it hard to feel very sympathetic to those people when they so easily shat on the trans community of this website because of a fucking video game.
I totally understand, and that's probably the more realistic take to have. I guess I'm more talking about the less harmful people who didn't attack or shit on anyone, were open to this thread and even posted in it, and were interested in criticism and views from here, but also were hyped for the Game and their fancy OTs. If that makes sense.
Guess I'm just super disappointed in Chamber since I still believed his shit wasn't coming from actual malice but ignorance and incomprehension. Turns out no, nah, he meant it exactly like that.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly.

Is the "I have black friends so I can say this" but for trans folk.
Literally. "I have a trans friend who's NORMAL and accepts that micro aggressions are okay!" is such a take...

One guy in there celebrating the "melting pot" that gaf is now. Glad to see it's so celebrated there where half the forum can attack and degrade the identity of others on the forum if they so choose!

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Fuck now that idiot is trying to claim people are faking being trans and trying to get people to harrass Kyuuji for "derailing his thread". Like...fucking pathetic that he got all this power and was able to forge a false narrative for this long.